Socceroos World Cup Qualifiers Third Round - Australia V Japan/Saudi Arabia

Remove this Banner Ad

He cleared through like 4 players there, what a goal.

They were gassed. The scorer was the sub with fresh legs. Completely on Arnold for mismanaging this team.

Shocking keeping there by Ryan. Classic the commentators don't blame him, though it didn't matter anyway.

I don't think you can really blame the forwards either for not scoring. Midfield especially out wide is non existent. Forwards never have a chance other than 1 or 2 per game which is no where near enough. 1 goal in 3 games vs Japan and Saudi Arabia and it was a set piece.....

I mean, on paper, Japan has a far better team - players and coach.

Quality of Socceroos from top to bottom is a bit embarassing compared to the golden generation. Need a bit of a reset now and to blood youth. Arnold has failed too many times to be a good coach to take us forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Imagine thinking someone who has played games for Roma wouldn't be ready for a game like tonight. Volpato may not have made the difference but the squad picked for this game was just not good enough.

I occasionally watch EFL 2 highlight packages on BeIN and see more attacking instinct than anything Australia on whole has to offer. The state of everything Australian football is rubbish.
I watch Irish second division highlights for a team I follow, and you see better attacking structure from them. And they're a semi-professional club!

I mean, on paper, Japan has a far better team - players and coach.

Quality of Socceroos from top to bottom is a bit embarassing compared to the golden generation. Need a bit of a reset now and to blood youth. Arnold has failed too many times to be a good coach to take us forward.
This…
Every day of the week

I've nothing but admiration for Japan though. Love how they play compared to other AFC teams, great players with good attitudes. I was listening to Simon Hill about a month ago on the radio talk about how Japan overhauled their football system in the 90s and that's what we should be doing. They are the real kings of AFC.

I've nothing but admiration for Japan though. Love how they play compared to other AFC teams, great players with good attitudes. I was listening to Simon Hill about a month ago on the radio talk about how Japan overhauled their football system in the 90s and that's what we should be doing. They are the real kings of AFC.

100%

They are churning out absolute quality - look at their starting lineup compared to ours. Starters in all top 5 leagues.

We can barely get one of our starting 11 on the field for a top 5 league nowadays. Our number 10 is barely used in Bundesliga. Theirs is a rotation for one of the best teams in the world.

The chasm between the two national sides is massive.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back