Movie The Batman (2021) SPOILERS!

Remove this Banner Ad

Bloody Hell :oops: was tense, loved it.
In two minds, loved it, but glad they cut it. I like this first movie joker free and setting him up for a big sequel.
He also says its there 1 year anniversary, so will be interesting if this picks up 1 year in, or if we get flashbacks of there initial meeting.
Don't want a joker backstory, but would love to see there initial meeting/confrontation in this universe

Same, really enjoyed that, however can see why it was omitted. Perhaps would have been too much of a distraction with Riddler, Penguin and Selina already established and given their own spotlight in the film. Such a lovely little nod to the Long Halloween as well, just casually going down to Arkham to interview other villains in an effort to gain information. Brilliant stuff, clearly Reeves knows and respects this craft a great deal.

Not sure how I feel about his mouth, and took a couple of watches to understand the dialogue in full. However that was a lot of fun.

I thought it was a great scene - excellent acting

But given they opted not to include it in the final cut, I think they should've left the latter scene with him out too as it came across as gratuitous. The latter scene doesn't work without this one IMO.

I'd be curious to see where/when the placement of this deleted scene was intended to be. It appears somewhere between the end of the first act/start of the second, after the Commissioner has been killed. I do feel this was a much better and more natural scene to include than the other that was included in the film at the end with Joker/Riddler. It did feel somewhat tacked on and can understand the mixed reactions to it. Would love to see an eventual extended edition inclusive of all these scenes.

Reeves mentioned yesterday that Joker may formulate part of the proposed Arkham TV series for HBO Max. Yes please.

Where do we get HBO max in oz (or do we have HBO max as a stand alone?).

I assume Amazon Prime will have it, i think Binge gets HBO max too...

HBO max is a U.S service only. Alot of their stuff ends up on Foxtel/Binge I believe.

Where do we get HBO max in oz (or do we have HBO max as a stand alone?).

I assume Amazon Prime will have it, i think Binge gets HBO max too...

I’m not sure if this is a precedent or not, however the Snyder Cut was released on binge/foxtel simultaneously with HBO Max in the US.

The confusing thing is binge is subscription and i dont think you can actually rent from it? I can imagine HBO max is going to have this out for free so not sure how we will get it.

I would imagine that a day or two after it’s HBO Max release, there’s going to be torrents available. I don’t have Binge, however like last year with the Snyder Cut I’d happily sign up for it even for a month and watch the hell out of it prior to unsubscribing.

I would imagine that a day or two after it’s HBO Max release, there’s going to be torrents available. I don’t have Binge, however like last year with the Snyder Cut I’d happily sign up for it even for a month and watch the hell out of it prior to unsubscribing.

I had a look online and cant see anything about a australian streaming release. So it seems we will only be able to rent or buy digitally until the blu ray is out. Im certianly not paying them 20/25 bux for the rental when I can just download it. (The price should be $9.95 rental for new releases like olden days at my local video store:p). Plus if Im gonna buy something I prefer physical media. Better quality and extra features.

Last edited:
k9nmtcfi6bt81.png

From reddit:

Apparently scrapped design of Bruce Wayne. Perhaps we'll get to see the Playboy personality in the sequel

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Im watching the long haloween animated movies, to finish part 2. enjoying thoroughly. im thinking why is harvey dent not in this movie The Batman?

MV5BOWExMjU1OTctNGIwZS00MjY2LWE2YWUtZWVlOTRjZDFhODVjXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTEyNzgwMDUw._V1_.jpg

Watched this today. And also enjoyed thoroughly. Havent read the comics but assume the film is close to the source material, and thought the same too. His arc over the story was really well done.

Good to see the film was heavily influenced by TLH.

I've purchased it to watch on the Xbox. If I like it enough I'll double dip and get the physical 4K release in May (then rip it and watch it off the hard drive :p).

If I dislike it enough, which is every chance as I loathe RP! and I can't unsee emo Bruce Wayne!! Well that and a cross between emo Bruce and a variation of Nightwings look. I know Batman is Gothic by design, just used to BILLIONAIRE BRUCE, looking like you know RICH.

Ranted but if I do dislike it then I've wasted money and 3 hours of my time. Stranger things have happened I hate Chris Evans but the Captain America movies ROCK. So there's some hope.

I've purchased it to watch on the Xbox. If I like it enough I'll double dip and get the physical 4K release in May (then rip it and watch it off the hard drive :p).

If I dislike it enough, which is every chance as I loathe RP! and I can't unsee emo Bruce Wayne!! Well that and a cross between emo Bruce and a variation of Nightwings look. I know Batman is Gothic by design, just used to BILLIONAIRE BRUCE, looking like you know RICH.

Ranted but if I do dislike it then I've wasted money and 3 hours of my time. Stranger things have happened I hate Chris Evans but the Captain America movies ROCK. So there's some hope.
It's available to download on the Xbox now? Might be time to dust off the Series S.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back