Current Trial Wonnangatta - Russell Hill & Carol Clay vanish *Pilot Greg Lynn charged with murder

Did Greg Lynn tell police where he buried the bodies?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Last edited:
Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1
Just stumbled over this excellent December article, worth a repost as a refresher if anybody is interested.

Lynn knew it was only a matter of time before police came knocking – though he didn’t expect it to be at Arbuckle Junction, in mountainous country notorious for keeping its secrets.

Driven to Sale, showered and fed, he was taken to the interview room to be asked questions under a caution that anything he said could be used in evidence.

The fact that he spent three nights in custody before he was charged meant he was happy to talk to police about many things, including the disappearance of the couple. But there is a world of difference between a conversation and a confession. The details of what he said will remain confidential until he appears in open court, where he will be entitled to the presumption of innocence.

In such cases it is almost certain his lawyer would have recommended he didn’t talk, but Lynn chose to engage regardless. This is a path often taken by the innocent, or by those who think they are the cleverest person in the room.

In 1999, Lynn’s marriage collapsed and shortly afterwards, in October that year, Lisa was found dead in the garden of her home. It was listed as suicide from an overdose of prescription drugs and alcohol. To learn more about Greg Lynn’s past, police investigating the Clay and Hill disappearances have quietly called for the file on his first wife’s death.

Clay and Hill are not the only unsolved disappearances in the high country. While Lynn is not a suspect, police will, as a matter of completeness, attempt to plot his movements at the time when other campers and hikers have gone missing in Victoria’s high country.

They will include Neils Becker, 39, an experienced hiker who went missing on a five-day hike in October 2019; Conrad Whitlock, 72, who left his white BMW in darkness on the side of Mount Buller Road along with his jacket, mobile phone and keys in July 2019; former Barwon Prison governor David Prideaux, 50, who went missing on Mount Stirling in June 2011; and Warren Meyer, 57, who disappeared from Dom Dom Saddle in March 2008.

So that has all been in the public domain since its publication on December 4, 2021 is my point.

They have already been looking into Lisa Lynn's death. The police flew down to Tasmania and interviewed her parents and best friend. About two weeks ago they were in Queensland interviewing another friend.

Good to read apivapieah that the police are taking another hard look at your mum's file and particularly with the view that he's not what he may have appeared to be back then.

Good luck. If they find anything in there where they can take it further they will!

On now.

Australian Crime Stories

The Hunter

10:10PM - 11:15PM
CC
REPEAT
The 2011 disappearance of prison boss David Prideaux is a mystery that bristles with possibilities. The story that began as a missing person case is now clouded with accusations of adultery, conspiracies and murder.

SmAshmoto

Team Captain
Feb 16, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Valentino Rossi, Melbourne Stars
Clay and Hill are not the only unsolved disappearances in the high country. While Lynn is not a suspect, police will, as a matter of completeness, attempt to plot his movements at the time when other campers and hikers have gone missing in Victoria’s high country.

They will include Neils Becker, 39, an experienced hiker who went missing on a five-day hike in October 2019; Conrad Whitlock, 72, who left his white BMW in darkness on the side of Mount Buller Road along with his jacket, mobile phone and keys in July 2019; former Barwon Prison governor David Prideaux, 50, who went missing on Mount Stirling in June 2011; and Warren Meyer, 57, who disappeared from Dom Dom Saddle in March 2008.

I know I've said it before, but When it comes to these, the only one I could possibly see him being connected to is Niels Becker. Becker went missing near Vallejo Gantner Hut, which is near King Billy. King Billy is not far from the Wonnangatta Valley and Arbuckle, where it appears he spent a bit of time.

Prideaux always had suspicions that it was a hit and was underworld related. Whitlock was in my opinion a nervous breakdown/mental health/suicide and Meyer always had suspicions that he came across a drug crop or similar.

Pies1990

Senior List
Dec 9, 2021
AFL Club
Collingwood
I know I've said it before, but When it comes to these, the only one I could possibly see him being connected to is Niels Becker. Becker went missing near Vallejo Gantner Hut, which is near King Billy. King Billy is not far from the Wonnangatta Valley and Arbuckle, where it appears he spent a bit of time.

Prideaux always had suspicions that it was a hit and was underworld related. Whitlock was in my opinion a nervous breakdown/mental health/suicide and Meyer always had suspicions that he came across a drug crop or similar.

Before GL’s social media was shut down after his arrest there were pics & videos of him camping various locations across the high country. I tend to agree that they may not be all related, but you can travel across most of it with tracks that traverse the lot. For example if he entered from the King Valley end to enter the Wonnangatta Valley, dealt with CC and RH there, then travelled towards Dargo then up to Mt Hotham he’s covered a fair whack of country.
I haven’t been on those roads for years but the majority of them are kept in pretty good Nick as firebreaks or access to camping areas

Terrafirma

All Australian
May 21, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
They have already been looking into Lisa Lynn's death. The police flew down to Tasmania and interviewed her parents and best friend. About two weeks ago they were in Queensland interviewing another friend.
This is great to know. They are leaving no stone unturned.!

Dec 11, 2019
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chewton Tigers
No surprise really that the unfair dismisal case has been withdrawn.....it was a ridiculous claim to begin with and the Union has obviously seen the public aprobation that it caused and thought twice:

toomuch

Draftee
Mar 6, 2006
AFL Club
Geelong
Before GL’s social media was shut down after his arrest there were pics & videos of him camping various locations across the high country. I tend to agree that they may not be all related, but you can travel across most of it with tracks that traverse the lot. For example if he entered from the King Valley end to enter the Wonnangatta Valley, dealt with CC and RH there, then travelled towards Dargo then up to Mt Hotham he’s covered a fair whack of country.
I haven’t been on those roads for years but the majority of them are kept in pretty good Nick as firebreaks or access to camping areas

I don't think he's associated with any other high country disappearances or deaths. I heard this case involves beastiality being captured (or thought to be captured) by the drone and him destroying the evidence. Cops knew it was him from very early on but have been evidence building the whole time especially before they had recovered the bodies.

Terrafirma

All Australian
May 21, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
I don't think he's associated with any other high country disappearances or deaths. I heard this case involves beastiality being captured (or thought to be captured) by the drone and him destroying the evidence. Cops knew it was him from very early on but have been evidence building the whole time especially before they had recovered the bodies.

Beastiality? There has been no mention of this anywhere is this thread.

Pies1990

Senior List
Dec 9, 2021
AFL Club
Collingwood
Would bestiality not require the animal to be alive?
Yes but he probably was using his gun too. A farmer that was helping with the search mentioned there were dead deers around the camping area indicating they had been shot but not removed or used for meat/antlers etc. Maybe the argument with RH & CC meant he had to stop what he was doing beforehand and deal with the resulting consequences

Lady O

Club Legend
Dec 8, 2021
AFL Club
Essendon
Yes but he probably was using his gun too. A farmer that was helping with the search mentioned there were dead deers around the camping area indicating they had been shot but not removed or used for meat/antlers etc. Maybe the argument with RH & CC meant he had to stop what he was doing beforehand and deal with the resulting consequences
Yep, I guess it would slow them down. I could see someone being pretty annoyed if they saw wounded deer being used like this, but I doubt RH would be then silly enough to go over and tell him off. In fact, if I saw something like that, I'd pack up and leave ASAP.

Terrafirma

All Australian
May 21, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
There has been no mention of bestiality until one post? Lynn has been accused of all sorts of things, but dead deer carcasses don't mean Lynn is guilty of bestiality. I think we have gone way way left with this one, let's just wait until May for the court case IMO.

Aug 9, 2021
AFL Club
Essendon
Adventure-Time-Deer-Takes-The-Hooves-Off-For-Fun-Time.gif

highcountry

Rookie
Nov 30, 2021
AFL Club
Collingwood
I recently heard a rumour the police are considering adding an extra seven murder chargers. Desperate, a ploy or the police genuinely have something? It just a rumour.

But from the same source, they expressed concerns without a confession, it may be difficult to find him guilty for anything. I am still concerned the police had to make an arrest earlier then they wanted too. This unfair dismissal claim indicates to me he is pleading not guilty.

Also the amount of time he was in custody and getting questioned is another thing I worry about. Three days I believe. Why? That is a long time.

I recently heard a rumour the police are considering adding an extra seven murder chargers. Desperate, a ploy or the police genuinely have something? It just a rumour.

But from the same source, they expressed concerns without a confession, it may be difficult to find him guilty for anything. I am still concerned the police had to make an arrest earlier then they wanted too. This unfair dismissal claim indicates to me he is pleading not guilty.

Also the amount of time he was in custody and getting questioned is another thing I worry about. Three days I believe. Why? That is a long time.
Ask anyone in aviation and who who knew his first wife Lisa, who died on the front lawn of hypothermia. Or in Doha who knew the woman he was dating. It is alleged she ended up dead in the desert after last being seen at dinner with Lynn, after it is said he had discovered she was having an affair. Or the incident in Vegas where someone died after falling out of a window which it is alleged might also be linked in someway to this case.

Within my circles, that being aviation and people who knew Lisa and Lynn, seven seems to be a conservative number and one we fear will grow. There is also a dead pig and a dog in the mix too which would be a red flag to any criminal psychologist.

highcountry

Rookie
Nov 30, 2021
AFL Club
Collingwood
On another forum one of his ex-wife's friends explained how they had a pet pig at one stage, and after an argument, GL stabbed the pig and cut it's throat. Then later on after an argument with a neighbour, the neighbour's German shepherd got the same treatment.
Correct.

Raisedeyebrow

Debutant
May 13, 2020
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Ask anyone in aviation and who who knew his first wife Lisa, who died on the front lawn of hypothermia. Or in Doha who knew the woman he was dating. It is alleged she ended up dead in the desert after last being seen at dinner with Lynn, after it is said he had discovered she was having an affair. Or the incident in Vegas where someone died after falling out of a window which it is alleged might also be linked in someway to this case.

Within my circles, that being aviation and people who knew Lisa and Lynn, seven seems to be a conservative number and one we fear will grow. There is also a dead pig and a dog in the mix too which would be a red flag to any criminal psychologist.
What’s your thoughts apivapieah?

Lady O

Club Legend
Dec 8, 2021
AFL Club
Essendon
Back