World Cup 2022 FIFA World Cup (Qualifiers)

Remove this Banner Ad

Only 5 more spots up for grabs

Mexico and USA SHOULD claim the 2 direct tickets today in CONCACAF qualification

Final 3 spots

1 - UEFA - In june we should get Scotland vs Ukraine, with the winner playing Wales

Then there's the 2 playoff spots

OFC will be decided today between New Zealand and the Solomon Islands
CONCACAF will be decided today, most likely it'll be Costa Rica with a slim chance of USA or Mexico
CONEMBOL will be decided today, with Peru, Colombia and Chile all able to qualify (I'll go with Peru looking at the matches, but I wouldn't rule out Colombia)
AFC will be decided in June with the UAE and Australia facing each other

OFC vs CONCACAF
AFC vs CONEMBOL

Not including Qatar who automatically qualify has hosts, no country is making their debut in this WC. Mali and North Macedonia came close but neither could make it past the last hurdle. Unless Solomon Islands get past NZ AND, likely, Costa Rica, then it's not happening.

Imagine the excitement right now if we were hosting this WC like we should be.
Even though the best game we’d get here in Adelaide would be something like Cameroon vs Ecuador, I’d still be absolutely buzzing to go and see it.

fu** FIFA.
And we'd have qualified despite Arnold in charge

Why are Brazil always favourites to win the world cup? Was anyone really surprised that they didn't win in 2018 or 2010?

Even in 14 on their home soil, beating that German team was always gonna be a tough ask, but like everyone else, I was in shock at what I saw that night in the semi-final.

I still think they're overrated and would have France, England, and Belgium ahead of them.

Why are Brazil always favourites to win the world cup? Was anyone really surprised that they didn't win in 2018 or 2010?

Even in 14 on their home soil, beating that German team was always gonna be a tough ask, but like everyone else, I was in shock at what I saw that night in the semi-final.

I still think they're overrated and would have France, England, and Belgium ahead of them.
Pretty comprehensive qualification.
14 wins 3 draws, 40 goals and just 5 conceded in 17 games.

Are they always?

Imagine the excitement right now if we were hosting this WC like we should be.
Even though the best game we’d get here in Adelaide would be something like Cameroon vs Ecuador, I’d still be absolutely buzzing to go and see it.

fu** FIFA.
Probably worst time for awhile in regards talent wise for the national team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty comprehensive qualification.
14 wins 3 draws, 40 goals and just 5 conceded in 17 games.
South America is pretty weak right now though. Obviously most SA nations would still wipe the floor with us but the likes of Brazil and Argentina (also undefeated in qualifying) would be behind a few European nations.

South America is pretty weak right now though. Obviously most SA nations would still wipe the floor with us but the likes of Brazil and Argentina (also undefeated in qualifying) would be behind a few European nations.
I don’t know I think Dutch and Germans are at their poorest for a while, Italy won’t be there but they and Spain lack strikers. France fight amongst themselves and Belguim maybe just over their peak. Portugal too old. Got some talented players still Brazil

Are they always?
Just about. They’re favourites on TAB, Sportsbet, and Oddschecker. In 18 they were slight favourites ahead of Germany and France, and in 14 they were slight favourites as the host.

And 2006 but I guess that was understandable. I don’t know about 2010 but surely Spain was the betting man’s favourite then. That team was insane.

NZ smashed the Solomons 5-0. Now play off against CONCACAF. They might actually make it. Good on them.

With the likes of Salah, Haaland and Chiesa missing from the next World Cup, we can’t afford to not have Chris Wood as well.

NZ smashed the Solomons 5-0. Now play off against CONCACAF. They might actually make it. Good on them.
I'd still have Costa Rica as favourites, but the one-off playoff in Qatar is the best result for NZ. I doubt they'd get it done over two considering they'd likely get hammered in San Jose.

I'd still have Costa Rica as favourites, but the one-off playoff in Qatar is the best result for NZ. I doubt they'd get it done over two considering they'd likely get hammered in San Jose.

Yes. Playing in an empty soulless stadium gives NZ a chance. If it was 2 legs CR would demolish them at home and NZ might hold them to a draw in NZ.

It'll never happen but I actually wish they could semi-rig the WC draw so that as many teams as possible from different seeds who have never played each other at the WC before are pitted against each other.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back