Covid-19 Wuhan Coronavirus (COVID-19) - Part 5 - Get vaccinated.

Remove this Banner Ad

https://www.health.nsw.gov.au/Infec...d-19-vaccination-case-surveillance-051121.pdf

In the peak fortnight of the outbreak to date (25 August to 7 September), the COVID-19 case rate among 2-dose vaccinated people was 49.5 per 100,000 while in unvaccinated people it was 561 per 100,000, a more than 10-fold difference. The rates of COVID-19 ICU admissions or deaths peaked in the fortnight 8 September to 21 September at 0.9 per 100,000 in 2-dose vaccinated people compared to 15.6 per 100,000 in unvaccinated people, a greater than 16-fold difference.

Last edited:
Does anyone think that our high vaccination rate slowed the spread of Omicron? I can't see how it would have, it couldn't have spread any quicker could it?
I think there is plenty of information about transmission rates via vaccinated and unvaccinated people.

I’m talking specifically about Omicron, is there any data on that?

(FWIW I’m triple jabbed, asking questions like this seems controversial so thought I’d mention it)
First up on Googles:

Another:

The Omicron virus seems to infect most of those vaccinated once or twice, almost as if they were not previously vaccinated at all. Three doses provide some protection, but that protection wanes over four to six months to a very low level.

First up on Googles:

Another:

The Omicron virus seems to infect most of those vaccinated once or twice, almost as if they were not previously vaccinated at all. Three doses provide some protection, but that protection wanes over four to six months to a very low level.
Just had a trip to Victoria, flights full of the unvaccinated, many not masked, attended a couple of large social events, hugging strangers as well as friends and rellos, did a bit of shopping, returned home a week ago, still waiting for symptoms 😔

Does anyone think that our high vaccination rate slowed the spread of Omicron? I can't see how it would have, it couldn't have spread any quicker could it?
The first wave of Omicron hit when most were double but not triple dosed. Double dosed only reduces the likelihood of catching it a bit, it may reduce the likelihood of spreading it though as it made a lot more cases mild and thus less viral load.

The vaccines impact on the elderly and thus the hospital system has probably been massive though. If you look at Hong Kong, where only 30% of over 80s are vaxed. Their Omicron death rate has been really high. It's probably as deadly as the original Wuhan strain, except there is now enormous amounts of immunity in the community.

The first wave of Omicron hit when most were double but not triple dosed. Double dosed only reduces the likelihood of catching it a bit, it may reduce the likelihood of spreading it though as it made a lot more cases mild and thus less viral load.
Well, it wasn't a race so...

The vaccines impact on the elderly and thus the hospital system has probably been massive though. If you look at Hong Kong, where only 30% of over 80s are vaxed. Their Omicron death rate has been really high. It's probably as deadly as the original Wuhan strain, except there is now enormous amounts of immunity in the community.

Its kind of odd. I don't know too many cases. My dad , in his 80s caught it in hospital, he was double vaccinated and fine.
My daughter's boyfriend caught it , was pretty bad, my daughter lived with him until he found out he had it, she didn't catch it.

Just had a trip to Victoria, flights full of the unvaccinated, many not masked, attended a couple of large social events, hugging strangers as well as friends and rellos, did a bit of shopping, returned home a week ago, still waiting for symptoms 😔

Nearly everyone in Victoria is vaccinated apart from a few holed up at the stockade.

Nearly everyone in Victoria is vaccinated apart from a few holed up at the stockade.
But the vax doesn’t prevent the spread … so we’ve been told 🙂. I honestly believed I would catch it, probably on the planes or in the airports. And mixing with people from several states.

Its kind of odd. I don't know too many cases. My dad , in his 80s caught it in hospital, he was double vaccinated and fine.
My daughter's boyfriend caught it , was pretty bad, my daughter lived with him until he found out he had it, she didn't catch it.
It's not that odd. It just comes down to a combination of how much virus enters, and how well your immune system responds.

Chances are your daughter had small amounts of virus enter, but her immune system got rid of it before it replicated much. Others don't have that luck. In some it replicates enough to trigger a pcr positive result, but not much else. In others it replicates a lot more and they get really sick.

The vaccines just make your immune system more likely to respond more quickly and effectively.

Considering over 85% of Australians have at least one dose i'm guessing that statement is untrue :huh:

Yeah look I don't really know the specifics of how and why the vaccines work, you just look at how steep that peak of Omicron was and hard to imagine it being worse. But yeah of course if it's stopping people from getting really sick than that's a good enough reason to get jabbed.

Yeah look I don't really know the specifics of how and why the vaccines work, you just look at how steep that peak of Omicron was and hard to imagine it being worse. But yeah of course if it's stopping people from getting really sick than that's a good enough reason to get jabbed
Could have been slightly steeper and higher. It wasn't a huge percentage of the population who got it early.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah look I don't really know the specifics of how and why the vaccines work, you just look at how steep that peak of Omicron was and hard to imagine it being worse. But yeah of course if it's stopping people from getting really sick than that's a good enough reason to get jabbed.

If people weren’t vaccinated they may well have behaved a lot more cautiously.

People didn’t really have any limitations on their movements or activities and were gathering for Christmas and New Years

Considering over 85% of Australians have at least one dose i'm guessing that statement is untrue :huh:
As Virgin and Jetstar don’t require passengers to be vaccinated, how would we know? The two youngish men sitting in my row didn’t wear masks either. I guess I was lucky.

As Virgin and Jetstar don’t require passengers to be vaccinated, how would we know? The two youngish men sitting in my row didn’t wear masks either. I guess I was lucky.
The odds are minute that you'd catch covid by sitting next to two random unmasked passengers who likely don't have covid.

If over 85% of the population is vaccinated then the odds are fairly low to non existent that your plane was full of unvaccinated people. Yeah sure there were most likely unvaccinated people on the flight but they would've been a small percentage.

Insert Will Smith meme. Chris Rock labelled "Ivermectin", Will Smith labelled:

"CONCLUSIONS
Treatment with ivermectin did not result in a lower incidence of medical admission to a hospital due to progression of Covid-19 or of prolonged emergency department observation among outpatients with an early diagnosis of Covid-19. (Funded by FastGrants and the Rainwater Charitable Foundation; TOGETHER ClinicalTrials.gov number, NCT04727424. opens in new tab."

Honestly fu** them. I'm sick of wearing the bastards and not being able to see people's faces. Their purpose has been served.

You're telling Victorians how hard it was wearing a mask, as little as it was needed in SA?

You're telling Victorians how hard it was wearing a mask, as little as it was needed in SA?

You don't recall the South Australians complaining about how hard restrictions were when the only restriction was not being able to consume beers at the pub standing up?

You don't recall the South Australians complaining about how hard restrictions were when the only restriction was not being able to consume beers at the pub standing up?

No, but you did give me a laugh just now. Can't believe anyone even complained about that :D

The chief health officer has revoked the vaccine passport requirement for people going to sporting events as long as people are not drinking, which allows un-vaccinted people to go the Parramatta Eels versus North Queensland Cowboys game next month.

No official announcement has been made by the government, but the deputy chief health officer Dr Charles Pain signed the new direction on Wednesday morning which allows un-vaccinted people to “observe” sport if they are not buying alcohol.

It states people will be “requested’ to show their vaccination certificate at the bar in the stadium to buy an alcoholic drink, or to enter a sporting club and eat a meal at the club.

what is the logic or science behind this? Just random discrimination?

The unvaxxed are allowed to drink orange juice but not beer

Last edited:
what is the logic or science behind this?
You have shown time and again that you wouldn't accept it even if it was shown to you in a diagram.

What have you found out from your searches?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back