The Bulldogs and Umpires: Time for a Royal Commission?

Remove this Banner Ad

The second and third quarters were embarrassing to watch given the way the rub of the green went. I think at one stage it was 17-3 since quarter time. For the first portion of the last quarter it seemed like things were back to normal, but once it got close, luck seemed to go one way. Final count 31-14.

The Demons game 2 weeks ago was not a one off. It wasn't just the frees, it were the ones that changed the course of play in that game.

Take the umpire whinging here

Some people want to discuss the actual game
Well, I wasn't planning on whinging about the umpires, but if you insist...

Honest from everyone.

What’s tonight’s umpiring worth in terms of score for the WB?

I think at least 6 goals

From what I saw over 4 quarters, I believe the Dogs would have won regardless, but geez, they had a lot of luck again tonight.

Swans didn't really bother to play for 2 and half quarters though.

Umpires favored the Dogs mostly tonight, but doesn't excuse how poor the Swans were for 75% of the game

From what I saw over 4 quarters, I believe the Dogs would have won regardless, but geez, they had a lot of luck again tonight.

Umpires favored the Dogs mostly tonight, but doesn't excuse how poor the Swans were for 75% of the game
Good summary. Flicking over to the cricket and seeing how well Australia are doing though, I'm not too flat. Big week for the club, and 2-1 with the fixtures we've had is a good result.

I realise poor kicking isn’t solely luck but there’s an element of luck in kicking 9.17.

Regardless. Let’s assume there’s a conspiracy. One thing nobody has ever explained is why.

If it’s the club that draws free kicks, then why haven’t other clubs adopted it.

If it’s the AFL asking the umps to look after us, just simple. Why would they do that? What benefit is there?

Dogs are already +34 in FK diff this year. Yep. After 2 deplorable performances and beating a team that didn’t turn up they are that far ahead already. It’s a ******* disgrace.
Would you rather they be 3-0 with that free kick count? If they're getting more frees and still losing games, why would you complain about that?

Every Dogs game I watch they get all the 50/50s paid their way plus obvious against the oppo ignored and a nice bunch of non frees paid their way.

Throws are routinely ignored and I hate Weightman who is probably the worst cheating stager in the game

Not watching any more Dogs games, even as a neutral I get angry with the cheating umps.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can’t believe they paid a 50m against with a minute to go, to give the Swans a goal to get back within 5.

Cmon Umps, stick to the script/match fixing 🤣🤣

I mean.. huh? Coz that makes sense..

If it's clearly a systemic issue then why are they 1-2 and not 3-0 with their unbelievable +34FK. Have you ever thought that maybe free kick counts don't mean s**t?
The umpires can only do so much - the Bulldogs still have to be good enough to take advantage of the leg up they are getting.

:)

Every Dogs game I watch they get all the 50/50s paid their way plus obvious against the oppo ignored and a nice bunch of non frees paid their way.

Throws are routinely ignored and I hate Weightman who is probably the worst cheating stager in the game

Not watching any more Dogs games, even as a neutral I get angry with the cheating umps.
Willy Wonka Stop GIF

If it’s the club that draws free kicks, then why haven’t other clubs adopted it.

Integrity of the clubs, coaches and individuals. Now that you have the answer will you continually ask the question why nobody ever explains it or will you always bury your head in the sand to try to challenge the advantage.

The umpires can only do so much - the Bulldogs still have to be good enough to take advantage of the leg up they are getting.

:)
Ah right, so when the Umps paid the 50 against the dogs for running through protected zone which was line-ball for mine, to get the Swans within 5 points and a minute left to steal the game, and to then not pay a free to Jamara when his arm was held by Rampe with about 20 seconds to go, that was meant to help the dogs win was it? :drunk:

Ah right, so when the Umps paid the 50 against the dogs for running through protected zone which was line-ball for mine, to get the Swans within 5 points and a minute left to steal the game, and to then not pay a free to Jamara when his arm was held by Rampe with about 20 seconds to go, that was meant to help the dogs win was it? :drunk:

Soooo if they wanted us to win, wouldn’t they have just not paid that 50? 🤣🤣🤣

Integrity of the clubs, coaches and individuals. Now that you have the answer will you continually ask the question why nobody ever explains it or will you always bury your head in the sand to try to challenge the advantage.
So there's no reason.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back