JTCWBFC

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 27, 2009
Brisbane
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Liverpool, Knicks, Yankees
Reckon crazy selection Bev might bring Martin in for Cordy (even if no issues for English)

Sounds like McNeil played well - Vandameer was pretty good tonight except for that one contest. Coin toss between those 2 or maybe Scott.

JJ has proven he can come right in if fit previously so could add him in too.

DueWest

Team Captain
Jul 31, 2021
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
McNeil in to replace Hannan, a crumbing forward is something we need

Cordy out so maybe Schache back in or Martin if he is ready

Cordy will have to miss due to concussion protocols
It's 9 days before our next game. How long is the mandatory stand down period? I thought it was 8 days ... but maybe they changed it.

Scott did quite a bit early but was less influential later. I think he will keep his spot.

Vandermeer is similar. I thought this was a must-produce game for him. If he failed again he'd be in the VFL. I'm still not sure he did quite enough but he was much better than his first two games. McNeil has certainly put the pressure on him with 5 goals as a small forward.

Bevo is unlikely to drop Hannan. Perhaps the thing that could trigger it is JUH now finding his feet as the second tall target i50. It makes Hannan slightly more dispensable. The fact that Hannan can be thrown into the odd ruck contest will help his cause though.

If Cordy is cleared to play then I think he'll be selected. It depends on whether 9 days break is sufficient under the concussion protocols.
EDIT: Dogsman16 reports that it's 12 days off, so no Cordy.

Crozier should come in for Wallis.

The one that hardly anybody has mentioned is Martin. He was reportedly going to get a game this week but was ruled out due to Covid protocols. If he was only a close contact then he will probably get a game against Richmond. However if he actually contracted Covid it's too risky. We've seen how long it took JUH and Libba to get back to full energy and normal respiration (and they might still not be quite there).

So what happens if English is rubbed out? Martin is the obvious choice but if he has still not recovered then it might have to be Sweet ... who hardly starred in the early game. Or Schache as first ruck perhaps? That would be desperate times.

Of the VFL players I watched today I thought West, McNeil and Khamis were the only ones to really put their hands up. Any of them could fill a role as medi-sub but maybe Khamis would be the most versatile option because of his height. If a midfielder went down he could slot into half-back and someone like Richards or Daniel could move into the guts.

Let's hope there were no injuries other than Cordy. Naughton and Bont got crunched (as usual) and Treloar looked a bit proppy for a minute or two.

On the flip side, how far away is Johannisen? Is he a chance for the next game?

Golden_6

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 15, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Scott did quite a bit early but was less influential later. I think he will keep his spot.

Vandermeer is similar. I thought this was a must-produce game for him. If he failed again he'd be in the VFL. I'm still not sure he did quite enough but he was much better than his first two games. McNeil has certainly put the pressure on him with 5 goals as a small forward.

Bevo is unlikely to drop Hannan. Perhaps the thing that could trigger it is JUH now finding his feet as the second tall target i50. It makes Hannan slightly more dispensable. The fact that Hannan can be thrown into the odd ruck contest will help his cause though.

If Cordy is cleared to play then I think he'll be selected. It depends on whether 9 days break is sufficient under the concussion protocols.
EDIT: Dogsman16 reports that it's 12 days off, so no Cordy.

Crozier should come in for Wallis.

The one that hardly anybody has mentioned is Martin. He was reportedly going to get a game this week but was ruled out due to Covid protocols. If he was only a close contact then he will probably get a game against Richmond. However if he actually contracted Covid it's too risky. We've seen how long it took JUH and Libba to get back to full energy and normal respiration (and they might still not be quite there).

So what happens if English is rubbed out? Martin is the obvious choice but if he has still not recovered then it might have to be Sweet ... who hardly starred in the early game. Or Schache as first ruck perhaps? That would be desperate times.

Of the VFL players I watched today I thought West, McNeil and Khamis were the only ones to really put their hands up. Any of them could fill a role as medi-sub but maybe Khamis would be the most versatile option because of his height. If a midfielder went down he could slot into half-back and someone like Richards or Daniel could move into the guts.

Let's hope there were no injuries other than Cordy. Naughton and Bont got crunched (as usual) and Treloar looked a bit proppy for a minute or two.

On the flip side, how far away is Johannisen? Is he a chance for the next game?
JJ was 2-3 weeks away in this weeks medical report. I dare say he might come back through the VFL with managed minutes.

Foxman98

Norm Smith Medallist
May 25, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Out: Hannan Cordy Wallis Scott

IN: Sweet/Stef O'Brien McNeil West (Sub)

If we go 1 ruck we will be in trouble (Watch Richmond vs GWS)

Hannan does not impact games and his spectacular mark and goal last week taped over the cracks of another poor performance.

Wallis is just not up too it anymore

Scott a bit stiff but you can't not reward a 5 goal 21 disposal game.

Garcia Butler and West Putting pressure on Laith for the final spot

Extremely unpopular opinion here but Hannan offers way more than Wallis and Wallis is finished as an AFL footballer.
Conceptually do not disagree, however based on last nights game Hannan would go before Wallis though I would replace them both with McNeil and Garcia/West

On SM-G996B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Extremely unpopular opinion here but Hannan offers way more than Wallis and Wallis is finished as an AFL footballer.
I agree - Hannan is a spare parts man who just does what the coaches want. Throws himself in the ruck when asked, plays KPF when asked, sacrifices his game and blocks for Naughts when asks, sprints hard to keep the zone intact. Absolute team man.

The VFL report suggests Buks performed way better than TOB so if we do replace Cordy like for like, he's in.
Wally was ok but his lace of pace let the Swans walk it out of defence.
9 tackles and 5 goals from McSteal simply has to be rewarded.

I'll go with:
Out - Cordy, Wallis (sub)
In - Buks, McNeal
Anthony Scott played ok but needed to hold a couple of those marks. He can play anywhere so makes a good sub option.

Back