Teams Wests Tigers

What shits me the most is that we should have 3 wins despite how dog s**t we have been. We should have won tonight, last week even without the complete bullshit, and the Storm game.

Sep 7, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
I reckon you just need a new coach, new ideas, strategies, leadership skill from a coach. I always reckon a team in the doldrums like this can quickly be rejuvenated by a new spark from a coach.
Normally I'd agree but this club is rotten from the top.

My best mate was media manager there until last week (just joined Penrith) and some of the stories he told...

Big Unit 30

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🐅⏰
May 3, 2015
Playboy Mansion
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Cubs Blackhawks Fulham Ivanhoe FC
247950DD-815E-498D-932C-5599E9EABEAD.jpeg
247950DD-815E-498D-932C-5599E9EABEAD.jpeg

Sep 7, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
What kind of stories? Don't mention names or specifics, but general gist. I imagine dysfunction galore. Or worse? Culture, as they say?
A lot of dysfunction. Having Sheens back has apparently helped a bit.

The decision was made to sack Madge at the end of last season (all agreed upon) only for their to be a change of heart at the very last moment.

It's just a club that isn't set up to succeed with the current people in charge. A giant broom needs to go through the place from top to bottom.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
A lot of dysfunction. Having Sheens back has apparently helped a bit.

The decision was made to sack Madge at the end of last season (all agreed upon) only for their to be a change of heart at the very last moment.

It's just a club that isn't set up to succeed with the current people in charge. A giant broom needs to go through the place from top to bottom.
Id imagine the very nature of a merger, two bull-headed boards from Wests and Balmain, at loggerheads, would be catalyst for all that

St George and Illawarra seem to be more aligned and working in a unified vision, however, i think we too have the same dysfunction and lack of singularity is the reason.

Both clubs resemble each other and on the field too due to up above.

Big Unit 30

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🐅⏰
May 3, 2015
Playboy Mansion
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Cubs Blackhawks Fulham Ivanhoe FC
Id imagine the very nature of a merger, two bull-headed boards from Wests and Balmain, at loggerheads, would be catalyst for all that

St George and Illawarra seem to be more aligned and working in a unified vision, however, i think we too have the same dysfunction and lack of singularity is the reason.

Didn’t realize you were one of us GG.exe

Your forgiven for not adopting the Bears 🐻 in the NFL now 😏

It was a 3 headed bull for a long time.
The main problem lies with the fact that the leagues at Ashfield and Campbelltown aren’t in agreement. Balmain no longer has a leagues club as Ashfield took over all assets.
Campbelltown don’t want the club there besides all the reports wanting the club to move full time down there.
M

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
It was a 3 headed bull for a long time.
The main problem lies with the fact that the leagues at Ashfield and Campbelltown aren’t in agreement. Balmain no longer has a leagues club as Ashfield took over all assets.
Campbelltown don’t want the club there besides all the reports wanting the club to move full time down there.
M
The post-game panel even harped on about moving the club full time to Campbelltown, a burgeoning region for youth sports, but that the people there also need to turn up for Tigers games to show they're able to support them, keep the club afloat.

Surprised both Ashfield and Campbelltown are clashing too. Ashfield is dead for RL. Sooner Campbelltown buys out Ashfield rhe better then for the Tigers.

So what remains of the Balmain side of the merger if the leagues club is gone? Whats at Concord?

The post-game panel even harped on about moving the club full time to Campbelltown, a burgeoning region for youth sports, but that the people there also need to turn up for Tigers games to show they're able to support them, keep the club afloat.

Surprised both Ashfield and Campbelltown are clashing too. Ashfield is dead for RL. Sooner Campbelltown buys out Ashfield rhe better then for the Tigers.

So what remains of the Balmain side of the merger if the leagues club is gone? Whats at Concord?
Concord is owned by the JV. Balmain never had anything to do with that.
Ashfield is actually putting money into the club. If Campbelltown took over, the place would be worse than it is now.
The outer southwest is a huge area but for over 25 years, the players all go elsewhere.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Concord is owned by the JV. Balmain never had anything to do with that.
Ashfield is actually putting money into the club. If Campbelltown took over, the place would be worse than it is now.
The outer southwest is a huge area but for over 25 years, the players all go elsewhere.
What an organizational mess that all is. You need a single region, single club, structure, etc. Mergers never work. I feel MY Dragons are similar really

May 3, 2003
Warriorville
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
NZ Warriors, Wallan FNC
Went back and forward between both games tonight. Sensational finish. Well done guys, really toughed it out against quality opposition.

Injury worries for both sides too maybe.

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
What an organizational mess that all is. You need a single region, single club, structure, etc. Mergers never work. I feel MY Dragons are similar.

Not really, StGeorge Illawarra was more a takeover. What Parrascum wanted to do to Balmain and the Dogs to Wests.

Balmain’s downfall began the moment they listened to Elias.
Sent the club broke with his development ideas. Until then Balmain and Ashfield were the stronger partners and Campbelltown seemed uninterested.
Ashfield really has carried the load since and is owed gratitude for their stance that the club is the Wests Tigers and wouldn’t go back to Magpies.

But the lack of support from Campbelltown, and the supporter base out there, makes you understand why the club has built its facilities at Concord.
Can see us leaving the Sth West as a whole and just staying in the inner west.
Dogs seem to be moving that direction anyway, have a ton of support down there.

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Not really, StGeorge Illawarra was more a takeover. What Parrascum wanted to do to Balmain and the Dogs to Wests.

Balmain’s downfall began the moment they listened to Elias.
Sent the club broke with his development ideas. Until then Balmain and Ashfield were the stronger partners and Campbelltown seemed uninterested.
Ashfield really has carried the load since and is owed gratitude for their stance that the club is the Wests Tigers and wouldn’t go back to Magpies.

But the lack of support from Campbelltown, and the supporter base out there, makes you understand why the club has built its facilities at Concord.
Can see us leaving the Sth West as a whole and just staying in the inner west.
Dogs seem to be moving that direction anyway, have a ton of support down there.
Can you explain what parra was attempting to do in greater detail? Or a link to an article?

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
Can you explain what parra was attempting to do in greater detail? Or a link to an article?
It’s enshrined in my memory. Was heartbroken. Old man had passed away just before it was announced.

Parramatta wanted the Tigers brand. Nothing more.
The colours were to stay Blue and Gold, all games at Parra, two representatives from the Balmain board(though not guaranteed) and they wanted no players.

1999 sucked.

Anyway it came down to a vote with the options being to fight, though we had been told by the NRL that we wouldn’t make the 14 (a lie as we actually were team number 14), to be taken over by Parra or a late offer of a 50/50 merger with Western Suburbs.

Laurie Nichols begged for the vote to fight, Pearce pretty much begged to merge with Wests and the NRL Parra and Dogs demanded that we(and wests) accept the take over bids.

As well all know the vote went to merge with wests and that was that.

It’s enshrined in my memory. Was heartbroken. Old man had passed away just before it was announced.

Parramatta wanted the Tigers brand. Nothing more.
The colours were to stay Blue and Gold, all games at Parra, two representatives from the Balmain board(though not guaranteed) and they wanted no players.

1999 sucked.

Anyway it came down to a vote with the options being to fight, though we had been told by the NRL that we wouldn’t make the 14 (a lie as we actually were team number 14), to be taken over by Parra or a late offer of a 50/50 merger with Western Suburbs.

Laurie Nichols begged for the vote to fight, Pearce pretty much begged to merge with Wests and the NRL Parra and Dogs demanded that we(and wests) accept the take over bids.

As well all know the vote went to merge with wests and that was that.
It was always said that it was merge that killed Laurie Nichols.
He had eventually and begrudgingly accepted but passed on before WT had played a game.

Back