Game Day Round 3: Melbourne vs Essington Bombres, MCG, 7:20pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Melbourne vs Essendon games have a tendency to throw up some weird results, but in reality we should have them covered across the park, even with our makeshift defense.

That being said, expect Essendon to lead by at least 20 points at some stage in the second.

max-gawn_1sragzl8dhdgnz1sadq3dz5h8.jpg

Oh my old avatar, treasured memories.

mrmonkey

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 3, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
I haven't been to an essendon game since that 2012 unexpected win. This is due to the fact that most our games against essendon are away games and only once a year. Anyway I'm not sure if I will be use to the sulking which was unbelievable last time I went. Mind you I will be amongst dee supporters this time so it won't matter.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Essendon to be 20 up at the 11 minute mark of the second, Hunt to have 5 disposals and be called best on by Tulip before Trac turns the game in the 3rd.
We win 72-59.

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Essendon to be 20 up at the 11 minute mark of the second, Hunt to have 5 disposals and be called best on by Tulip before Trac turns the game in the 3rd.
We win 72-59.
I like that Tulip becomes part of your fantasy here.

I think we will be 25 down half time and suffering 3 board meltdowns about Max tap work, Hunt getting nowhere near it and Tommy concrete hands. The board will get even worse once A11 starts to pretend he predicted it and finds the capitulation quite funny. We stage a 11 in a row comeback, triggered by one decent run and goal by Hunt. Tulip posts a version of I told you so. Every other post is basically something like “WTF?” or “Holy s**t” while everyone nervously waits for you to show up with details about your date

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets

I think we will be 25 down half time and suffering 3 board meltdowns about Max tap work, Hunt getting nowhere near it and Tommy concrete hands. The board will get even worse once A11 starts to pretend he predicted it and finds the capitulation quite funny. We stage a 11 in a row comeback, triggered by one decent run and goal by Hunt. Tulip posts a version of I told you so. Every other post is basically something like “WTF?” or “Holy s**t” while everyone nervously waits for you to show up with details about your date

I had to sensor so so many quality jokes out of this

View attachment 1360105

Oh my old avatar, treasured memories.
Love that this bloke was on the run from the cops and decided to go to the footy and scream from the front row right in the face of the opposition's captain. Truly a special soul.

Our games against this mob are always a bloody mess. Basically never go how they're expected. Last year we could not have played worse but managed to scratch out the win.

In the midst of a heavy pre finals training load from God High performance manager Burgo.

Meanwhile Selwyn got us in a heavy pre round 5 injury load. Absolute scum.

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Love that this bloke was on the run from the cops and decided to go to the footy and scream from the front row right in the face of the opposition's captain. Truly a special soul.
I loved it when Max brought this up in his podcast and said “my life was in danger!”

Sounds reasonable.

netslave

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 6, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
Jake Stringer to be held scoreless and Dees by 37 pts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

May 27, 2006
This is the location section. 🤗
AFL Club
Melbourne
Could be without Ben Brown, apparently.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back