Discussion Jumpers That Never Were

Remove this Banner Ad

West Coast with a Fosters badge overtop of something which may or may not be SGIO, 1990.

View attachment 1360554
We played an exhibition game in the US in 1990. That would tally with the artificial turf and why Foster's was involved (and why SGIO wouldn't care if they were covered up).

We played an exhibition game in the US in 1990. That would tally with the artificial turf and why Foster's was involved (and why SGIO wouldn't care if they were covered up).

I was just about to ask when this was taken as the jumpers have the AFL logo (so must've been at least 1990) but Mick Malthouse isn't there and he became coach in 1990.

1645071246356-png.1329308

officially in this category as of today:
1649483757115.png

In this video there are a few rejected Indigenous jerseys for St George that can be seen including one that got to the stage that sponsors are seen on it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reminder that the club chose the “Murder of Crows” monstrosity over this one.
Jesus like we need reminding.

I wonder how many prototypes were made from that rigged poll a few years ago?

Given the votes were clearly being stacked towards a particular design, one must wonder if the club had a whole set made.

Thank f*** the likes of X-Blades, Puma, Majestic and Asics stepped up to the plate when they did.
I actually didn't mind the Majestic kits themselves, had a bit of personality. For the Lions they added a bit more gold around the collar, looked a bit unique. The worst bit was the repeating monogram of the Lion on our kit (which is unfortunately still there, but less so).
Also they did introduce the gold clash kit, which was probably the best Bears-inspired regular season kits we have seen.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back