Competitions 2022 GWS Knock Out Goalkicking Competition: We have a winner!

Remove this Banner Ad

Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
GWS
OK GWS posters, we'll run the usual knockout goalkicking competition again this year, similar to the last three years. The reward will be bragging rights on this board, and a shiny badge for your profile.

In short, the aim is for posters to nominate GWS players they think will kick goals in games, and if they do, you pass that round and move to the following week. If your nominated players don't kick a goal that round, unfortunately you're out of the comp. It's a bit of fun with (minor) bragging rights and a forum badge under your name to the winner.

Playing conditions:

1. If you want to play, you need to post in this thread before the first bounce of our first game (5.10 pm 19 March) with your nominated players.

2. Nominate a primary (P), secondary (S) and reserve (R) player. e.g. P - Hogan; S - Coniglio; R - Lloyd.

3. This board uses more than the usual one player because with our relatively small number of participants, I don't want to finish too early in the season! (Which we have done most years when we've had a game with really low scores - hopefully this year is different!)

4. If you don't specifically annotate P, S & R, I'll assign those designations in the order you name your players.

5. You may change your nominated players each week, or irregularly throughout the season - as you like. Provided any changes are before first bounce for the week's GWS game, your amended players will be used.

6. For each week, I'll use the last nominated primary and secondary player - provided one of those kicks a goal in that round, you'll pass the round.

7. If one or both of your primary or secondary players is/are not playing, then I'll substitute the reserve player as an active player. (If both primary & secondary players are out, then the reserve player becomes your only lifeline. If all 3 players aren't playing, then sorry, you're going to be eliminated - unless you've nominated new player(s) before the start of the Giants game that round.)

8. These rules allow those away or lazy to not be too disadvantaged, but keeping an eye on the selected players each week is a good idea. You may choose to renominate players each week, or simply keep your initially selected players all the way through (which is what most do).

9. If we retain most participants deep into the competition, then I'll narrow requirements (e.g. the primary player needing to kick a goal or both primary and secondary players to kick a goal to win that week) before the game starts.

10. I reserve the right to cause posters to change their selected players at some future point, if required to achieve a result (e.g. if 2 posters have exactly the same nominated players). I'll aim to make it fair on all participants.

11. For the fun of it, I'll participate, but won't be eligible to win & my entry will be ignored in determining the winner.

12. The winner is the last remaining poster who has a nominated player who has kicked a goal. If unbelievably too many people stay in until the end, I'll use a countback system - around your primary player's goal-scoring. I doubt that will be the case though, given our past performance!

13. If in a single round, multiple players are knocked out such that no-one remains, there will be a tie-breaker process to choose a winner. Alternatively, I may choose to ignore the results of the week that knocked the remaining players out and reinstate all or some of the knocked-out players to continue on to achieve a clear winner.

14. Competition is open to all GWS-badged posters, and regular dual citizen posters (e.g. dlanod, Pres, kulak, Drummond). If you'd like to play and you're not sure, just ask. I do need you to have some GWS affiliation though.

15. Winner gets a badge awarded by BigFooty.

So, any questions, drop a post in here or PM me. Remember, you need to nominate by first bounce on 19th March - we need at least 10 participants to make it worthwhile but love to see lots of interest (it's pretty easy after all!).

Good luck!

P: Hogan
S: Himmelberg
R: Kelly

P: Riccardi
2nd: Hogan
Reserve: Himmelberg
Gents - as per the rules, no worries for you to leave your selections as such; with Hogan out, your reserve players come straight in for this game.

However, you can swap out Hogan for someone else before hand if you prefer and put him back in future when he's named.

Gents - as per the rules, no worries for you to leave your selections as such; with Hogan out, your reserve players come straight in for this game.

However, you can swap out Hogan for someone else before hand if you prefer and put him back in future when he's named.
I'm happy to bring Himmelberg in but I'll make Taranto my reserve if we lose one

OK, summary of last week's game:

GOALS - Greater Western Sydney: Himmelberg 3, Green 2, Hill 2, Lloyd 2, Brander, Coniglio, Taranto, Ward

Giant Strides: Riccardi & Taranto::thumbsdown: :thumbsu: = :thumbsu:

Gigantic: Himmelberg, Taranto: :thumbsu::thumbsu: = :thumbsu:

dlanod: Hogan, Himmelberg, Kelly: :thumbsu::thumbsdown: = :thumbsu:

General Giant: :thumbsu::thumbsu: = :thumbsu:

GWS Goose: Riccardi, Hogan, Himmelberg: :thumbsdown: :thumbsu: = :thumbsu:

Determinant: Hill Taranto - :thumbsu::thumbsu: = :thumbsu:

Clockwork Orange: Riccardi, Brander: :thumbsdown::thumbsu: = :thumbsu:

Callums Guns: Himmelberg, Riccardi: :thumbsu::thumbsdown: = :thumbsu:

Everyone's through to round 2; Hogan is back in for those who kept him as primary or secondary.

For me, I'll reset to:

P - Hogan; S - Taranto; R - Coniglio

Any other changes just need to be posted before first bounce.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Round 2

GOALS - Greater Western Sydney: Coniglio 2, Himmelberg 2, Taranto 2, Kelly 2, Brander, Bruhn

Giant Strides: Hogan, Taranto: :thumbsdown::thumbsu: = :thumbsu:

dlanod: Hogan, Himmelberg: :thumbsdown::thumbsu: = :thumbsu:

General Giant: Himmelberg, Taranto: :thumbsu::thumbsu: = :thumbsu:

GWS Goose: Himmelberg, Hogan: :thumbsu::thumbsdown: = :thumbsu:

Determinant: Hill, Taranto: :thumbsdown::thumbsu: = :thumbsu:

Clockwork Orange: Himmelberg, Hogan: :thumbsu::thumbsdown: = :thumbsu:

Callums Guns: Himmelberg, Riccardi: :thumbsu::thumbsdown: = :thumbsu:

OK, again (thanks to secondary kickers for half the participants) everyone gets through to round 3.

Any changes of mind for this week's game?

Callums_Guns - with Riccardi not selected Hill comes in as your secondary player, unless you wish to choose differently.
That's fine if he doesn't kick a goal this afternoon he can get dropped 😂

OK, review from yesterday's game:

GOALS - Greater Western Sydney: Himmelberg 3, Green 2, Hogan 2, de Boer, Hill, Keeffe, O'Halloran, Taranto

Giant Strides: Hogan, Taranto: :thumbsu::thumbsu: = :thumbsu:

dlanod: Hogan, Himmelberg: :thumbsu::thumbsu: = :thumbsu:

GWS Goose: Himmelberg, Hogan: :thumbsu::thumbsu: = :thumbsu:

Determinant: Hill, Taranto: :thumbsu::thumbsu: = :thumbsu:

Clockwork Orange: Himmelberg, Hogan: :thumbsu::thumbsu: = :thumbsu:

Callums Guns: Himmelberg, Riccardi, Hill: :thumbsu::thumbsu: = :thumbsu:

Performances pretty much as Giants would have hoped, with all expected goalkickers getting in on the act. Everyone's through with a perfect round!

OK, review from yesterday's game:

GOALS - Greater Western Sydney: Himmelberg 3, Green 2, Hogan 2, de Boer, Hill, Keeffe, O'Halloran, Taranto

Giant Strides: Hogan, Taranto: :thumbsu::thumbsu: = :thumbsu:

Determinant: Hill, Taranto: :thumbsu::thumbsu: = :thumbsu:

Callums Guns: Himmelberg, Riccardi, Hill: :thumbsu::thumbsu: = :thumbsu:

Performances pretty much as Giants would have hoped, with all expected goalkickers getting in on the act. Everyone's through with a perfect round!
Next round

P. Himmelberg
S. Hill
R. Green

Thank you !!

Outcome from tonight's game:

GOALS - GWS: Hogan 2, Himmelberg 2, Green 2, Kelly, De Boer

Giant Strides: Hogan, Taranto: :thumbsu::thumbsdown: = :thumbsu:

Gigantic: Himmelberg, Taranto: :thumbsu::thumbsdown: = :thumbsu:

General Giant: Himmelberg, Taranto: :thumbsu::thumbsdown: = :thumbsu:

Determinant: Hill, Taranto: :thumbsdown::thumbsdown: = :thumbsdown:

Callums Guns: Himmelberg, Hill: :thumbsu::thumbsdown: = :thumbsu:

So, sorry Determinant, you're the first to fall. Costly behinds from Hill & Taranto tonight.

Round 5 round up:

GOALS - Greater Western Sydney: Hill 2, Callaghan, Coniglio, Flynn, Himmelberg, Hogan

Giant Strides: Hogan, Taranto: :thumbsu: :thumbsdown: = :thumbsu:

Gigantic: Himmelberg, Taranto: :thumbsu: :thumbsdown: = :thumbsu:

dlanod: Hogan, Himmelberg: :thumbsu: :thumbsu: = :thumbsu:

General Giant: Himmelberg, Taranto: :thumbsu: :thumbsdown: = :thumbsu:

GWS Goose: Himmelberg, Hogan: :thumbsu: :thumbsu: = :thumbsu:

Clockwork Orange: Himmelberg, Hogan: :thumbsu: :thumbsu: = :thumbsu:

Callums Guns: Himmelberg, Hill: :thumbsu: :thumbsu: = :thumbsu:

Determinant: Hill, Taranto out in round 4

Reckon we're coming up to a game where HH or Hogan won't kick a goal ...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back