Kennett the Fashionista

Remove this Banner Ad

Nah.

Not offending people isn't hard.
Except you have zero idea if you will offend someone.
There’s enough in here saying this is just an old dad joke, who would be in the exact same boat as Jeff.
Are you saying nothing you’ve ever said or wrote couldn’t be misinterpreted as racist?

How would have Jeff’s comment offended a white person, who have also been told this plenty of times in the past?

To be fair, that jeans episode reads more like Kennett being a dickhead than Kennett being racist.
I read the article and thought "is that it?"

Kennett is an absolute scumbag but come on, being a bit precious I think. He wasn't being racist he was making a bad dad joke.

It's also that word that a senior player said in 2013. I seriously haven't heard that word spoken since the 90's. It's disgusting and I'm surprised that player didn't get his head filled in.
There wasn't many indigenous players on their list in 2013 (never has been anytime to be honest).
Buddy left that year, is there more to it or am I jumping to coconclusions
That was faaaaar worse, unacceptable

I don't understand this line of thinking. If someone said this joke to me and I felt it was racist towards me, would you be sympathetic towards me as a white man? I could say "what, just because I'm white you think I should be able to afford jeans without a rip in them?"
Some people just actively look to take offence at everything.

I'm not saying that's what's happened here, obviously that comment mentioned from the end of season trip about 'boongs' is absolutely horrendous and if that was a player from my club I'd want them sacked immediately.

But there is a difference between a racist joke and a lame dad-joke. And telling someone to fix the holes in their pants is in no way, shape or form a racist joke, so if that's what she took it as then in my opinion she's just taken a harmless joke the wrong way.
People still playing the ‘I’m a white guy and no-one gives a shiit about me!’

😂

I read the article and thought "is that it?"

Kennett is an absolute scumbag but come on, being a bit precious I think. He wasn't being racist he was making a bad dad joke.
Got the same feeling as when I read those stitch ups on Goodwin pre season...”is that all?” The media doing media things...

Except you have zero idea if you will offend someone.
There’s enough in here saying this is just an old dad joke, who would be in the exact same boat as Jeff.
Are you saying nothing you’ve ever said or wrote couldn’t be misinterpreted as racist?

How would have Jeff’s comment offended a white person, who have also been told this plenty of times in the past?

You (intentionally) ignore the obvious context and reason why the old dad joke might not be a good idea to this person.

Most people have a pretty good idea what will and won't offend people, it isn't that hard. If it is that hard, then yeah the modern world must be scary.

You (intentionally) ignore the obvious context and reason why the old dad joke might not be a good idea to this person.

Most people have a pretty good idea what will and won't offend people, it isn't that hard. If it is that hard, then yeah the modern world must be scary.
You mean an indigenous person couldn’t possibly take offence to an egotistical white man offering them money so they can repair their torn clothes because they can’t afford it?

I think Caroline Wilson on 3AW this morning said she is not naming the player because he was still playing at the club. In fact, both of them are.
There are only 3 left from 2013 plus Mitchell and Hale are coaches
If it is 2013 offseason that would add another 2

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Caroline Wilson on 3AW this morning said she is not naming the player because he was still playing at the club. In fact, both of them are.

I can think of a couple of ex. Hawthorn Aboriginal players from 2013 still playing but I’m drawing a complete blank on one that is still at the club?..

I don’t think anyone would argue it was a good idea. But that this pretty innocuous incident has led to an estrangement of a champion from his club is the real shame here. It’s obviously been handled very badly, in ways that we will probably never know- again the journalist in question never took the time seek comment from the other party.

Hopefully both sides can get together and work out some rapprochement.

I can think of a couple of ex. Hawthorn Aboriginal players from 2013 still playing but I’m drawing a complete blank on one that is still at the club?..
Only 3 players left who I would have thought would be the least likely
Gunston, Breust and Shiels

Sicily and McEvoy came at the end of 2013

No indigenous players left from that time period

Remove this Banner Ad

Back