Covid-19 Wuhan Coronavirus (COVID-19) - Part 5 - Get vaccinated.

Remove this Banner Ad

https://www.health.nsw.gov.au/Infec...d-19-vaccination-case-surveillance-051121.pdf

In the peak fortnight of the outbreak to date (25 August to 7 September), the COVID-19 case rate among 2-dose vaccinated people was 49.5 per 100,000 while in unvaccinated people it was 561 per 100,000, a more than 10-fold difference. The rates of COVID-19 ICU admissions or deaths peaked in the fortnight 8 September to 21 September at 0.9 per 100,000 in 2-dose vaccinated people compared to 15.6 per 100,000 in unvaccinated people, a greater than 16-fold difference.

Last edited:
NT corona law has nothing to do with me boss.

Why can anti vaxxers buy coffee but not wine? What an incredibly stupid law

Just a guess, but people act differently when pissed, and social distancing practices go out the door.

Not sure why you're concerned though, we are pretty much let it rip and have been for months. Be happy.

NT corona law has nothing to do with me boss.

Why can anti vaxxers buy coffee but not wine? What an incredibly stupid law
The justification would be that pubs and clubs are much higher risk areas. In a coffee shop, people sit in one spot and generally talk only to the people they came with. In a bar, a lot of people cover the whole area, moving about and talking to a larger range of people - in clubs with music, they do so from extremely close range in order to be heard. It's basically just much higher risk and it's too hard to differentiate between different licensed premises, so they all get blocked. I'm not saying I agree with the laws - but there is justification and it's not incredibly stupid. With most laws, rules and decisions there is some justification - if you think they're non-sensical, it's usually just that you don't understand or can't see the reason.

The justification would be that pubs and clubs are much higher risk areas. In a coffee shop, people sit in one spot and generally talk only to the people they came with. In a bar, a lot of people cover the whole area, moving about and talking to a larger range of people - in clubs with music, they do so from extremely close range in order to be heard. It's basically just much higher risk and it's too hard to differentiate between different licensed premises, so they all get blocked. I'm not saying I agree with the laws - but there is justification and it's not incredibly stupid.

But they are in the same location - watching a rugby game.

The vaxxed can drink beer others cannot if I am understanding it correctly. Insane

The vaxxed can drink beer others cannot if I am understanding it correctly. Insane
I'm not sure on rules, but I'm assuming that it's a blanket ban regarding alcohol licenced venues. It's not practical to visit every licensed premises and then decide that some are OK and some aren't. It sounds to me that they've made an exemption for sports field and are allowing entry to the premises, but not access to the liquor licence - sounds like a good compromise to me.

Have you been to a league game?

Not many sober people in the crowds ;)

Largest controlled trial of Ivermectin shows no benefit in treatment of Covid 19 https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2115869 Stick that up your ar*e Craig Kelly and all the other shills who promoted it.

"Treatment with ivermectin did not result in a lower incidence of medical admission to a hospital due to progression of Covid-19 or of prolonged emergency department observation among outpatients with an early diagnosis of Covid-19."

'There were no significant differences between the ivermectin group and the placebo group with regard to viral clearance at day 7 (relative risk, 1.00; 95% Bayesian credible interval, 0.68 to 1.46) (Fig. S3). The 14-day restricted mean survival time difference17 was 0.11 days (95% Bayesian credible interval, −0.23 to 0.48). There were no significant between-group differences with regard to the risk of hospitalization for any cause (relative risk, 0.83; 95% Bayesian credible interval, 0.63 to 1.10), the time to hospitalization (hazard ratio, 0.83; 95% Bayesian credible interval, 0.61 to 1.13) (Fig. S1), and the number of days in the hospital (mean difference of the log-transformed values, 1.00 days; 95% Bayesian credible interval, 0.80 to 1.25).

There were also no significant between-group differences in the time to clinical recovery (Fig. S2) (hazard ratio, 1.05; 95% Bayesian credible interval, 0.88 to 1.24), the risk of death (relative risk, 0.88; 95% Bayesian credible interval, 0.49 to 1.55), the time to death (hazard ratio, 0.88; 95% Bayesian credible interval, 0.47 to 1.67), or the number of days with mechanical ventilation (mean difference, 1.06 days; 95% Bayesian credible interval, 0.63 to 1.75). There was no evidence of between-group differences in the PROMIS Global-10 physical-component score as measured on day 28 (mean difference, −0.4 points; 95% Bayesian credible interval, −1.4 to 0.6) or mental-component score (mean difference of the squared values, 6.1 points; 95% Bayesian credible interval, −104.1 to 116.7). With regard to adverse events, there were no important between-group differences in the incidence of adverse events during the treatment period.'

The best you can say it's a safer drug than HCQ if you wish to use an ineffective treatment (and you won't have worms)

Largest controlled trial of Ivermectin shows no benefit in treatment of Covid 19 Effect of Early Treatment with Ivermectin among Patients with Covid-19 | NEJM Stick that up your ar*e Craig Kelly and all the other shills who promoted it.

"Treatment with ivermectin did not result in a lower incidence of medical admission to a hospital due to progression of Covid-19 or of prolonged emergency department observation among outpatients with an early diagnosis of Covid-19."

'There were no significant differences between the ivermectin group and the placebo group with regard to viral clearance at day 7 (relative risk, 1.00; 95% Bayesian credible interval, 0.68 to 1.46) (Fig. S3). The 14-day restricted mean survival time difference17 was 0.11 days (95% Bayesian credible interval, −0.23 to 0.48). There were no significant between-group differences with regard to the risk of hospitalization for any cause (relative risk, 0.83; 95% Bayesian credible interval, 0.63 to 1.10), the time to hospitalization (hazard ratio, 0.83; 95% Bayesian credible interval, 0.61 to 1.13) (Fig. S1), and the number of days in the hospital (mean difference of the log-transformed values, 1.00 days; 95% Bayesian credible interval, 0.80 to 1.25).

There were also no significant between-group differences in the time to clinical recovery (Fig. S2) (hazard ratio, 1.05; 95% Bayesian credible interval, 0.88 to 1.24), the risk of death (relative risk, 0.88; 95% Bayesian credible interval, 0.49 to 1.55), the time to death (hazard ratio, 0.88; 95% Bayesian credible interval, 0.47 to 1.67), or the number of days with mechanical ventilation (mean difference, 1.06 days; 95% Bayesian credible interval, 0.63 to 1.75). There was no evidence of between-group differences in the PROMIS Global-10 physical-component score as measured on day 28 (mean difference, −0.4 points; 95% Bayesian credible interval, −1.4 to 0.6) or mental-component score (mean difference of the squared values, 6.1 points; 95% Bayesian credible interval, −104.1 to 116.7). With regard to adverse events, there were no important between-group differences in the incidence of adverse events during the treatment period.'

The best you can say it's a safer drug than HCQ if you wish to use an ineffective treatment (and you won't have worms)
But all these people took it when they had covid and it eventually went away :think:

Very specific whinge.

Schools are back to running camps this year. Great.

But they're 5 day camps with testing before the child goes and then at the end of the 3rd day. If child is positive on 3rd day, the parent has to drop everything (work responsibilities, care for other children or parents etc.) and drive up to 400 km in some instances to pick up their child.

Nobody thought "perhaps this year we just go for 3 day camps"?

Very specific whinge.

But they're 5 day camps with testing before the child goes and then at the end of the 3rd day. If child is positive on 3rd day, the parent has to drop everything (work responsibilities, care for other children or parents etc.) and drive up to 400 km in some instances to pick up their child.

It seems to be only Victoria going on with this nonsense. (Don’t know about WA, camps are probably banned fullstop.) The AFL (or clubs) is lobbying the government to scrap the close contact rule, which is forcing healthy players out of the game if they live with a positive person.

It seems to be only Victoria going on with this nonsense. (Don’t know about WA, camps are probably banned fullstop.) The AFL (or clubs) is lobbying the government to scrap the close contact rule, which is forcing healthy players out of the game if they live with a positive person.

Yeah Sydney Stack didn't play in the VFL on the weekend because of this. Shame for him given the way we collapsed on the weekend he might have been a chance for a game.

The chief health officer has revoked the vaccine passport requirement for people going to sporting events as long as people are not drinking, which allows un-vaccinted people to go the Parramatta Eels versus North Queensland Cowboys game next month.

No official announcement has been made by the government, but the deputy chief health officer Dr Charles Pain signed the new direction on Wednesday morning which allows un-vaccinted people to “observe” sport if they are not buying alcohol.

It states people will be “requested’ to show their vaccination certificate at the bar in the stadium to buy an alcoholic drink, or to enter a sporting club and eat a meal at the club.

what is the logic or science behind this? Just random discrimination?

The unvaxxed are allowed to drink orange juice but not beer
You bitch about this but handwave putins invasion of Ukraine as a response to NATO expansion?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very specific whinge.

Lost a medical staff member who had to leave shift to collect child (at least school brought child back to school so didn’t have to drive all the way)

If you put yourself in Russia shoes are they really going to be cool with ukraine joining nato or their pm talking about getting nukes?
I'm not cool with most of the s**t you go on with, but do I invade your house and shoot your family?

I'm not cool with most of the s**t you go on with, but do I invade your house and shoot your family?

You might if you had the chance idk.

You certainly ban me from most the discussions.

I have not consistently expanded towards your boarder almost every year either.

nOt OnE INCh EaSTWard

If you put yourself in Russia shoes are they really going to be cool with ukraine joining nato or their pm talking about getting nukes?
Given Ukraine agreed to dump their nukes in exchange for protection from both Russia and the west then Russia invaded crimea exactly wtf should Russia expect?
Putin is egocentric s**t who still needs to blowjob a loaded gun

Given Ukraine agreed to dump their nukes in exchange for protection from both Russia and the west then Russia invaded crimea exactly wtf should Russia expect?
Putin is egocentric s**t who still needs to blowjob a loaded gun
This is something most Putin apologists ignore.

Agreements not to attack or encroach on Ukraine... Ukraine makes noises about being more integrated with Europe... Russia takes land. Ukraine did not sign anything. Made no agreements that I'm aware of.

Putin just needs a nationalistic purpose and wants Ukraine's resources.

And he is prepared to shoot civilians in the streets to do it.

So, Marcel Proust , you've already been kicked out of other threads for your disingenuous, grotesque statements and inability to contribute meaningfully. Across a range of topics.

You're off topic here because you can't accept that.

Now you've been kicked out of this thread. Get help to deprogram yourself.

This is something most Putin apologists ignore.

Agreements not to attack or encroach on Ukraine... Ukraine makes noises about being more integrated with Europe... Russia takes land. Ukraine did not sign anything. Made no agreements that I'm aware of.

Putin just needs a nationalistic purpose and wants Ukraine's resources.

And he is prepared to shoot civilians in the streets to do it.

So, Marcel Proust , you've already been kicked out of other threads for your disingenuous, grotesque statements and inability to contribute meaningfully. Across a range of topics.

You're off topic here because you can't accept that.

Now you've been kicked out of this thread. Get help to deprogram yourself.
Tbf I was the one who took him off topic (made a crack about him hand waving Putin but upset by rugby restrictions on alcohol for unvaccinated) so I should shoulde blame too.

Tbf I was the one who took him off topic (made a crack about him hand waving Putin but upset by rugby restrictions on alcohol for unvaccinated) so I should shoulde blame too.
You know what he's like.

I am wagging my finger at you from beyond the screen.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back