Opposition Supporters say the darndest things.

Remove this Banner Ad

Summary of calls hurting each team:
Q1
Dogs - 3
Swans - 2

Q2
Dogs - 3
Swans - 5

Q3
Dogs - 1
Swans - 4

Q4
Dogs - 1
Swans - 3

TOTAL:
Dogs were hurt by 8 bad calls.
Swans were hurt by 14 bad calls.

We won by 4 goals. So unless someone wants to claim that a bad umpiring call is worth at least 4 points, it's pretty clear umpiring had nothing to do with the result. Sydney fans are hilariously bad losers.

Summary of calls hurting each team:
Q1
Dogs - 3
Swans - 2

Q2
Dogs - 3
Swans - 5

Q3
Dogs - 1
Swans - 4

Q4
Dogs - 1
Swans - 3

TOTAL:
Dogs were hurt by 8 bad calls.
Swans were hurt by 14 bad calls.

We won by 4 goals. So unless someone wants to claim that a bad umpiring call is worth at least 4 points, it's pretty clear umpiring had nothing to do with the result. Sydney fans are hilariously bad losers.
And each time you go back and fix one of the bad calls, the game resets and what follows changes. Like if you drive one way home and get there without incident, you go on with normal life; or you go another way and are in an accident and are paralysed for life, everything changes.

Fixing the first bad call, would set up another chain of different plays. You just can't go down that rabbit hole, you never get out.

I’ve had enough, I reckon it’s time swans go postal on this.

1. We should start a go fund me page for Horse to give a 15 minute Bevo style spray on the umpires. What could the AFL do about it ? Hefty fine, so what.

2. Hire a leading Sydney silk to serve the AFL integrity commission with an official please explain on systemic umpiring bias since Demtriou called us ugly in 2005, culminating in last night’s fiasco. We should allege they are putting the game in disrepute, which judging by the neutrals’ reactions they absolutely are .

3. If it ever gets like that again last night, simply refuse to take the field.

4. Lobby to introduce a captains challenge on calls like in cricket.

How else do we stamp this BS out of the game, 2005-2022 is long enough.

I must be missing something. Surely he doesn't get an offer elsewhere.
He is a witches hat at best and will be a dog for life.

I just cannot see his value.

Known witches hat, Caleb Daniel.

I don’t frequent other boards, so I don’t have much to compare it with, but I’ve never seen anything like what’s going on over at the Swans. They genuinely believe they are being cheated by the umpires, while we get favoured. I’d like to hear from some neutrals for an unbiased opinion on this game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don’t frequent other boards, so I don’t have much to compare it with, but I’ve never seen anything like what’s going on over at the Swans. They genuinely believe they are being cheated by the umpires, while we get favoured. I’d like to hear from some neutrals for an unbiased opinion on this game.
The Swans have been bleeting this story for so long, others trot out the same line until they are challenged then they fade away.

You know, it is, ultimately, somewhat liberating to concede that Melbourne were the best team last year and that we simply weren’t good enough. It seems that the Swans will forever deny themselves this type of catharsis, and will still be on the psychiatrists couch in 50 years time screaming blue murder over their 2016 defeat. They are only making themselves miserable, indefinitely. Move on, and give yourselves a chance to heal.

I'm obviously not neutral...

But simply from memory I was only bemused twice.
They got a deliberate oob free kick that was laughable, but it definitely seems to be a trend, so I can accept that's just how it is.

The other (and I'd say only genuinely bad decision) was Ed Richards getting a holding the ball free kick, that definitely seemed at odds with the rest of the game/s.

You know, it is, ultimately, somewhat liberating to concede that Melbourne were the best team last year and that we simply weren’t good enough. It seems that the Swans will forever deny themselves this type of catharsis, and will still be on the psychiatrists couch in 50 years time screaming blue murder over their 2016 defeat. They are only making themselves miserable, indefinitely. Move on, and give yourselves a chance to heal.
We were definitely robbed by the umps in 1961.
It was a VFL conspiracy to get Hawthorn their first flag. :moustache:

With the Swans, I remember going on to their board after we won the preliminary final, they were so up themselves and acting like the Bulldogs were just nothing, it really annoyed me. When we won, I went back on their board and got banned 😂

I think the problem with the Swans they looked down on us, and it annoyed them so much to be beaten by a nothing team.

If you look at their pre game thread they have a link to a really nasty article someone wrote about the Bulldogs, it reeks of classicism going back to our entry into the VFL.

It’s amusing really when you think South Melbourne died without a whimper and no can rattled by anyone who cared for that club, what a pitiful history, in contrast to the thousands who rallied and gave to save ours.

With the Swans, I remember going on to their board after we won the preliminary final, they were so up themselves and acting like the Bulldogs were just nothing, it really annoyed me. When we won, I went back on their board and got banned 😂

I think the problem with the Swans they looked down on us, and it annoyed them so much to be beaten by a nothing team.

If you look at their pre game thread they have a link to a really nasty article someone wrote about the Bulldogs, it reeks of classicism going back to our entry into the VFL.

It’s amusing really when you think South Melbourne died without a whimper and no can rattled by anyone who cared for that club, what a pitiful history, in contrast to the thousands who rallied and gave to save ours.

Even their players did in the season, I remember when we beat them after the siren and Kennedy came out saying “we are a better team than this and we need to beat teams at this level if we are to be successful this year” 😂😂

There is a Twitter account called 'has the umpire made a bad decision' which is apparently a former AFL umpire who comments on controversial decisions and occasionally will review a whole game if umpiring seems lopsided.
He did the game against Sydney and outside of a few dissent frees which he said should have been paid against us I think we had about 3 more bad decisions go our way.

Hey all, I love a pile on to Swines supporters and their 2016 hang ups as much as anyone, but maybe time to give it a break on here too? We're starting to look as obsessed about them being obsessed with us, as they are about us in the first place.
2016 - we won, they lost, history books won't change.

Hey all, I love a pile on to Swines supporters and their 2016 hang ups as much as anyone, but maybe time to give it a break on here too? We're starting to look as obsessed about them being obsessed with us, as they are about us in the first place.
Couldn’t agree more

+1000 to this.

Different teams, different era, if they want to cry about 5 years ago, let them, lets focus on our club and issues instead of oppo's crying about something that's out of our control to begin with.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back