Remove this Banner Ad

rolling01

Team Captain
Oct 23, 2016
Perth
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Help!!!
Trying to get our two membership tickets with our reserved seats for the Sydney game. It tells me that my membership number on the bag of our membership cards will be accepted but no, they say it’s not valid.

I tried the numbers I got for the Melbourne game, not valid either.
Tics for that game are not avail for 5 more days. Tics not available until 72 hrs before games start.

Golden_6

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 15, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Asking for someone else. If this person is using someone else's reserved seat, how do you send the barcode/ticket across? I know you can add the ticket to your apple wallet but how do you transfer it to someone else's phone as the actual member won't be attending?

rolling01

Team Captain
Oct 23, 2016
Perth
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Asking for someone else. If this person is using someone else's reserved seat, how do you send the barcode/ticket across? I know you can add the ticket to your apple wallet but how do you transfer it to someone else's phone as the actual member won't be attending?
On the bulldog app where the ticket is you can forward it to another person.

Iamspock

Club Legend
Jun 17, 2007
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Is it just reserved seats you can forward? I noticed on my own GA ticket on the app that the forward button is greyed out.
Well, I'm glad I'm not the only one, where the forward button is greyed out. I thought I was doing something wrong. Did anyone have the forward option for the practice match?

fred cook

Premiership Player
Jan 14, 2005
brunswick
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
nnn
This system getting tickets to the Bulldog is ****ed its okay if you only have one membership but trying being a gold member and getting tickets you have purchased off the APP to forward to family members I have worked in IT for 22 years imagine the struggle for nontechnical people and the older generation getting this task complete

Nov 29, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Memphis Grizzlies
Enjoying being in a Doggies membership area surrounded by Blues supporters

On SM-G996B using BigFooty.com mobile app

It was ridiculous tonight. Got there and there were people in our seats, and the seats of some of my family in the row behind, but there were enough seats in the row ahead for us to sit together so we went there. But so many Carlton supporters around us. Nobody checked our membership after the gate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah I did. I think the ‘problem’ is I don’t have an away membership. I’ve just completely forgotten how I used to buy tickets for away games.
You go on ticketek for MCG games and ticketmaster for Marvel games.

When you find the Richmond v Bulldogs game, choose club members and public reserve, but you don't have to put in any barcodes, just click on Find Tickets

I haven’t been to any games this season but I’m dreading the prospect of trying to do so.

If this thread is any guide there are heaps of confused and bewildered members and followers out there every single week. If that’s really the case (is it??) then it’s an indictment that going to a game seems to be 1000% harder than it was 30 years ago when you just walked in with your membership card or if not a member you just walked up to a ticket window, paid your money and went into the ground.

The AFL or the club should build a simple front end that asks about three basic questions and links you to the appropriate site/page such as TM or Ticketek without having to scratch your head figuring out which service to log onto, what your logon details are for each one, what your relevant membership codes are, whether you got an email some time in the last month explaining the 37 steps needed to secure a ticket, whether you should be standing on your left leg or your right leg at the time, blah blah blah.

I hope all AFL attendances are down 30% this year so they wake up to themselves and realise that first and last it’s the fans who make the game what it is. Not the players, not the coaches, not the AFL board and not the narcissists in the media.

The fans.

[/rant]

May 27, 2002
Torquay
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Bulldogs
I went, was great to see all my old mates in aisle "34" members wing again.

What was not so great was opposition supporters sneaking in as no-one was checking. They check a card, yet don't want to check phones?

We pay for the privilege to sit with our own supporters and not put up with gloating and baiting from the odd smart a*se opposition supporter. I had to ask a lady if she wanted me to step in as a teen keep getting in her face after goals.

footscray1973

Premiership Player
May 17, 2004
Pepperland
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
I haven’t been to any games this season but I’m dreading the prospect of trying to do so.

If this thread is any guide there are heaps of confused and bewildered members and followers out there every single week. If that’s really the case (is it??) then it’s an indictment that going to a game seems to be 1000% harder than it was 30 years ago when you just walked in with your membership card or if not a member you just walked up to a ticket window, paid your money and went into the ground.

The AFL or the club should build a simple front end that asks about three basic questions and links you to the appropriate site/page such as TM or Ticketek without having to scratch your head figuring out which service to log onto, what your logon details are for each one, what your relevant membership codes are, whether you got an email some time in the last month explaining the 37 steps needed to secure a ticket, whether you should be standing on your left leg or your right leg at the time, blah blah blah.

I hope all AFL attendances are down 30% this year so they wake up to themselves and realise that first and last it’s the fans who make the game what it is. Not the players, not the coaches, not the AFL board and not the narcissists in the media.

The fans.

[/rant]
You don't rant often, but I like it when you do. :)

I'm reasonably tech-savvy, but I'm also (these days) a grumpy old man - if an app or website, etc, doesn't do what I expect it to do simply and in seconds, I quickly lose interest. There is no excuse for any app or website to not be simple and accessible.

As you say, 2-3 quick questions as filters then take you to your required/desired landing page, where you enter your barcode which the system already knows about anyway.

Are you a home member for this game?

Do you have a reserved seat?

Are you securing multiple seats?

Yes/No to each should take you straight to the relevant page to make your purchase/secure your seats.

It's basic development - sadly, the AFL are not alone in failing to grasp this concept. Usability is the key - make it simple and fool-proof.

The fans.

[/rant]

Yeah. Isnt' technology great? It's made life so much easier and cheaper.

I also think this thinking by AFL is very discriminatory to those who may not be able to access this technology - the elderly, some with disabilities etc particularly at a local level where you now can't even walk up to the WO and watch a reserves game without booking online AND paying a booking fee - grrr.

Mantis Toboggan

Premiership Player
Mar 24, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Anyone know if there are any bars around Level 2 Aisle 31 that do the fantastic roast beef rolls? We couldn’t find much besides hot box crap last week. Not sure if I’m allowed to venture into Level 1 for a look around.

PuzzledfromParkville

Team Captain
Oct 5, 2004
Seddon
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Top Dogs room this year is terrible for the money asked. No may the club pays as much rent for the room. Communication of the downgraded room is terrible

Yeah. Isnt' technology great? It's made life so much easier and cheaper.

I also think this thinking by AFL is very discriminatory to those who may not be able to access this technology - the elderly, some with disabilities etc particularly at a local level where you now can't even walk up to the WO and watch a reserves game without booking online AND paying a booking fee - grrr.
I realise they have mostly died out 🦖 but what if someone was not into/capable of using computers and mobile phones, therefore didn’t have email etc., how would they become a member and attend games? Oh, and also didn’t have a credit card.

I realise they have mostly died out 🦖 but what if someone was not into/capable of using computers and mobile phones, therefore didn’t have email etc., how would they become a member and attend games? Oh, and also didn’t have a credit card.

There are people like this. A sister of mine is one of them. She's now in a nursing home, but still gets out & about on her own. She no longer goes to the footy (gave up after we left WO - can't remember if she went to PP). Anyway, she still uses cash and cheques. Goes into the bank, never used ATM and uses cheques still. Has never used a computer and only has a mobile phone for incoming & outgoing calls. Doesn't even use voicemail.

I think society also assume that people like this have people to help them everywhere they go and this is not the case.

Mantis Toboggan

Premiership Player
Mar 24, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
There are people like this. A sister of mine is one of them. She's now in a nursing home, but still gets out & about on her own. She no longer goes to the footy (gave up after we left WO - can't remember if she went to PP). Anyway, she still uses cash and cheques. Goes into the bank, never used ATM and uses cheques still. Has never used a computer and only has a mobile phone for incoming & outgoing calls. Doesn't even use voicemail.

I think society also assume that people like this have people to help them everywhere they go and this is not the case.
Those without a credit/debit card in 2022 should be rounded up and shot.

Credit/debit cards were introduced in Australia 40 years ago. It’s not some new fangled technology that has popped up overnight.

I get the odd person at work who will only pay in cash because they don’t have a card. These people are not 120 years old. They are 85 tops which puts them in their 40’s when this technology was introduced. If you can’t learn new stuff at that age then there’s no hope for you.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back