The Chelsea roller-coaster

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
Not actually them but their father Joe who is a bit of a typical white American racist(anti-islamic).

Thankfully he's not part of the consortium which is his son Tom and his children(who are very progressive). This consortium is being bankrolled by Ken Griffin who apparently is 3 times as wealthy as Roman(though I doubt he'd be as generous).

The Ricketts aren't seen as great owners by a lot Cubs fans so it's a bit of a worry.

The Ricketts family came in and helped the Cubs to a first World Series in 108 so yay Ricketts.

But right now they are running the Cubs like a small market team and have totally stopped spending money. Most of the World Series winning team have been traded away to start a rebuild. Now the team is s**t and that’s on them. If they come into Chelsea and become the same owners they are right now with the Cubs, expect to be disappointed.

Oct 5, 2007
Yorta Yorta country
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
BlueCo
The Ricketts family came in and helped the Cubs to a first World Series in 108 so yay Ricketts.

But right now they are running the Cubs like a small market team and have totally stopped spending money. Most of the World Series winning team have been traded away to start a rebuild. Now the team is s**t and that’s on them. If they come into Chelsea and become the same owners they are right now with the Cubs, expect to be disappointed.
With the Ricketts atm they are only the face of the bid, apparently Ken Griffin and Dan Gilbert will be the major investors in that consortium(thats where the money is coming from). I guess no matter who buys us it won't be a single owner like Roman and they won't be running the club the same way. We are going to be disappointed no matter who we end up with.

I look forward to going to the Quicken Loans Chelsea arena.
I wanted to go there Miley style.

Miley Cyrus Rotum GIF

Bulldoze the dump ;)

I would have thought you'd want to drive the crane not ride the ball, but each to their own haha.
Not enough of a thrill.

Was thinking trebuchet aimed at the atlantic to fling trophies.

Oct 5, 2007
Yorta Yorta country
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
BlueCo
Yeah because they cant own two teams in the same league. I thought you said Joe Lewis couldn't afford Chelsea?
He couldn't by himself. He'd need to make a consortium like everyone else and he wouldn't be a major stakeholder.

I'm just mucking around with hawkman

It's either Boehly or Ricketts lead consortium.

Sep 5, 2014
Hertford
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Manchester United, Stevenage FC
He couldn't by himself. He'd need to make a consortium like everyone else and he wouldn't be a major stakeholder.

I'm just mucking around with hawkman

It's either Boehly or Ricketts lead consortium.
Lewis runs Tavistock and Tavistock could comfortably purchase Chelsea if they wanted to.

Back