Recommitted Darcy Moore [signs 6 year deal]

Remove this Banner Ad

No there is a significant difference and miles apart.

Melbourne were finals contending and played off in a prelim when they recruited May. In fact, May was offered more money by Collingwood but we were just lucky that we had been deep in discussion since middle of 2018.

Hawthorn are at least 5 years away from at least contending deep in September and if he wants more money then Collingwood will most likely have the cap to suit his needs even though I don't see him as someone that's driven by money.

Darcy Moore isn't waiting that for potential success.
I thought May’s first preference was for a trade to Collingwood, but Melbourne were able to offer GC far more.

Would be amazing if he went to the Dogs given Collingwood are paying them for Treloar.

I could see Sydney, Essendon & maybe Fremantle all having a crack with very good $$ and the promise of finals.

I think he stays at the Pies though. He will get good coin, a leadership role (if not captaincy) and is young enough to see the rebuild through and achieve success.
And his father was part of the group removing the President and installing his own. Peter Moore regrets he wasn’t a 1 club player. I’m sure he has some influence over his son.

In terms of $$. I doubt we make the same mistakes as we did over the past few years. We have G Wright now running the show. He will get good $$ which will reflect his value. Not outlandish though.

And his father was part of the group removing the President and installing his own. Peter Moore regrets he wasn’t a 1 club player. I’m sure he has some influence over his son.

In terms of $$. I doubt we make the same mistakes as we did over the past few years. We have G Wright now running the show. He will get good $$ which will reflect his value. Not outlandish though.
The new president is Peter Moore's ex-manager, the man who engineered the deal to get him to the Dees.

Would be hard to find a player who would fit into our team more seamlessly in terms of structure and need. Zero idea how we would get it done without losing one of the core out of contract players but.

Would be hard to find a player who would fit into our team more seamlessly in terms of structure and need. Zero idea how we would get it done without losing one of the core out of contract players but.

Dunkley as bait? Not sure if Pies would do it but we certainly would.

Six years on 900k will probably end up being worth it but that is an extraordinary amount of money over that many years given where the pies list is at.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Six years on 900k will probably end up being worth it but that is an extraordinary amount of money over that many years given where the pies list is at.
He's worth it when he's out there, but durability is questionable. Seven games in 2018, 15 in 2019 and 13 last year. Not great numbers.

I thought it would make sense given where the list is at. It's rebuilding and you lock in your 25 yr old CHB and probably next captain for a long term deal.

I daresay $900k in year 6 with potential TPP increases, etc probably in today's dollars doesn't look so big a number. There will be a fair few players on $900k + over the coming 5 years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back