HB: Caleb Daniel, Tim O’Brien, Bailey Dale
C: Jack Macrae, Josh Dunkley, Lachie Hunter
HF: Cody Weightman, Jamarra Ugle-Hagan, Bailey Smith
F: Mitch Hannan, Aaron Naughton, Laitham Vandermeer
R: Tim English, Adam Treloar, Marcus Bontempelli
Int: Louis Butler, Tom Liberatore, Bailey Williams, Anthony Scott
Emer: Jordon Sweet, Buku Khamis, Mitch Wallis, Lachlan McNeil

In: Tim O’Brien, Bailey Williams, Louis Butler
Out: Alex Keath (hamstring), Zaine Cordy (concussion), Roarke Smith (omitted), Mitch Wallis (medi-sub)

Last week’s sub: M. Wallis (replaced Z. Cordy)

Yeah luckily but we didn’t know that and we’ve named a side with Timmy/Hannan against an expected Nank/Soldo when we need to not just win but dominate the middle… 🙄
Funny thing is they probably worried about giving up too much mobility playing 2 rucks vs Timmy.

My god that defence looks s**t. The worst part is that is literally our best defence and we’re only missing one single player.

I’m 100% now concerned about Keath. That’s at least 3-4 hamstring issues in the past 6 months. He can’t afford to not fully fit playing on monster key forwards.

Been saying Butler in for Roarke for a while now. No brainer for me. Younger, works equally as hard to get in the right spots, but brings additional skills and footy nous when compared to Roarke. No knock on Roarke, he works hard, but sometimes skills or lack of can be your undoing.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Schache can’t have been that bad in the 2’s? I cannot believe we are going into a game with only 4 KPP. O’Brien isn’t a genuine KPP. Astounding.
Bevo just continuing to see how few he can have in a team. Every time he gets one out he can add another flanker.

Schache can’t have been that bad in the 2’s? I cannot believe we are going into a game with only 4 KPP. O’Brien isn’t a genuine KPP. Astounding.
And Jamarras hardly a KPP or shouldn’t really be playing as a KPP at this stage of his career. Mind blowing stuff, fingers crossed we don’t lose one of the 3 mid game 😅

From what I saw of him last week, he was bad enough that he must the furthest away from getting a call up out of the whole list.

From what I saw of him last week, he was bad enough that he must the furthest away from getting a call up out of the whole list.
We’re ruining any chance he had of making it just like we did with Lewis Young. It takes a very rare and talented specimen to be a genuine swingman in the AFL. There’s really not many good ones in the AFL.

Schache & Young are clearly confidence players that need to be settled in one role. They simply don’t have the mindset or ability to play multiple roles at once. It’s not hard to determine which position suits them best and allow them to hone their craft at one spot. They might not be good enough but at least allow them to try.

If Young actually becomes a solid key defender at Carlton then it will be an absolute indictment on our development coaching.

And Jamarras hardly a KPP or shouldn’t really be playing as a KPP at this stage of his career. Mind blowing stuff, fingers crossed we don’t lose one of the 3 mid game 😅

If a player is KP, they play KP. Jamarra is a KPP and so he‘s playing in that role.

What other role do you suggest he should be playing? Considering he currently lacks pace, cardio and a fair amount of agility.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our backline is thin for potentially Lynch, Bolter and Reiwoldt.

Would have like Schache in or Sweet to enable some coverage down back. Sweet would enable English to drop back also if required.

Can see backline KPD been an issue

Balta will probably have to go to Naughton I reckon. Tarrant will get smashed.

Typical Bevo. God only knows why he does not comprehend a team needs structure, Key position players above 196cm and ruckman. He definitely suffers from small man syndrome. With Keith and Cordy out Schache has to come in and play 2nd ruck or key defender But let’s reward 4 possession Hannan who can’t win a hit out lays only 1 tackle. Our midfield should obliterate them so i can‘t see us losing. We should win by 10 goals. Also butler gets a game ahead of McNeil and west who keep playing well but rarely given a chance because Bevo holds grudges

Shame to lose Keath but otherwise a decent team.

Prefer a two KPD setup which we've got with gards and TOB. Cordy played for yonks as the 2nd KPD in our system so I've got no issue with TOB in that role as he's much better overhead than Cordy.

English will be fine against the much heralded Richmond ruck combo... One of which was dropped. Ironically because Timmy would likely run him off his legs. Our team is dictating oppo selection, exactly as you'd want.

Shame McNeil wasn't rewarded but it will hardly affect the result.

As usual (seen repeatedly this year and last), if our mids show up we'll win comfortably.

10+ goal win.

In his career to date, Louis Butler has played 3 games over 2 years; 2 in the Carrara bubble in 2020 and 1 game in front of 0 crowd in 2021.

So in his 3rd season playing an AFL game, he gets his first chance to play in front of friends and family and a crowd measured in tens of thousands rather than hundreds.

Big deal for him. Hope he kills it

Agree regarding Schache. I know he was horrible Round 1, but he showed more than others when playing down back last year.
If this week goes pear shaped and he performs alright in the VFL then he may earn a recall. We are definitely short a defensive tall

Been saying Butler in for Roarke for a while now. No brainer for me. Younger, works equally as hard to get in the right spots, but brings additional skills and footy nous when compared to Roarke. No knock on Roarke, he works hard, but sometimes skills or lack of can be your undoing.

If Roarke is a tub of vanilla, Butler is soy vanilla. Another mid-size player with few tricks and minimal athletic ability.

If a player is KP, they play KP. Jamarra is a KPP and so he‘s playing in that role.

What other role do you suggest he should be playing? Considering he currently lacks pace, cardio and a fair amount of agility.
Him lacking pace and agility is definitely news to me…

I just feel it’d be better for his development and for the team to ease him in as a third tall rather than taking the 2nd best defender at this stage of his career.

He could easily offer triple what Hannan is bringing in his role

If Roarke is a tub of vanilla, Butler is soy vanilla. Another mid-size player with few tricks and minimal athletic ability.

In my view they are the same player, except Butler can kick and looks to have a natural understanding of the game, thus Butler > Smith. Not saying he’s going to be an all Australian player, but if that’s the sort that Bevo wants to fill that role, he is a better option than Roarke. Also has more scope to improve too.

Him lacking pace and agility is definitely news to me…

I just feel it’d be better for his development and for the team to ease him in as a third tall rather than taking the 2nd best defender at this stage of his career.

He could easily offer triple what Hannan is bringing in his role

Most KPP’s lack speed and agility. Marra is certainly no exception (Naughts one of the exceptions).

How does he play the 3rd tall role when we lack any depth in the KPF department.
What does that look like?

Plus, the opposition decide who Jamarra plays on, not our coaches. If we’re lacking talls, he gets a KPD.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back