It’s Flea time - Cody Weightman appreciation thread

Virgin Dog

Cancelled
Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Why did this end up in court? I thought you just pay the fine and move on with life.
Also why the charity donation at the end? Like fair play if he wishes to do so, but a red light is a pretty standard offence. I ran one a couple years back and copped a few demerits and $300 fine, and that was it. No court, no donations, nothing but a letter in the mail.

So, a fine, a good behaviour bond, and a charity donation. Is this normal? Plus the magistrate implying Cody was trying to dodge it because he didn’t remember something that happened momentarily ten months ago. London to a brick the magistrate is an Essendon supporter.

So, a fine, a good behaviour bond, and a charity donation. Is this normal? Plus the magistrate implying Cody was trying to dodge it because he didn’t remember something that happened momentarily ten months ago. London to a brick the magistrate is an Essendon supporter.
I assume Cody is on p plates so would only have 5 demerit points to play with. I think a red light offence is at least 3 points so he may have been trying to fight it for that reason

Virgin Dog

Cancelled
Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I assume Cody is on p plates so would only have 5 demerit points to play with. I think a red light offence is at least 3 points so he may have been trying to fight it for that reason
Article says he pleaded guilty at the earliest opportunity. It's just weird that something so minor ended up in court

Sep 22, 2008
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Possibly his best game last night for the club, he’s a bloody gun - true heart & soul too. Still very up or down in that it’s either usually a bag or quiet but once he starts padding out those quieter games he’ll be looking at some big hauls for the season IMO. Possibly our most likely after Naughty for a 50 goal year going forward (unless Bruce finds his best again)

Sep 22, 2008
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Geez not great news with Cody - either 3 months if they put him in for surgery or he just plays on with it but it’ll give him trouble and limited movement. I’m assuming also comes with the risk of further injury playing on with it? Especially the way he plays - and also assuming he’ll still need surgery at the end of the season which ruins his preseason (for the 2nd year in a row) going to be an interesting decision - especially if our season fizzles out

The Inbetweener

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 25, 2011
Footscray
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Geez not great news with Cody - either 3 months if they put him in for surgery or he just plays on with it but it’ll give him trouble and limited movement. I’m assuming also comes with the risk of further injury playing on with it? Especially the way he plays - and also assuming he’ll still need surgery at the end of the season which ruins his preseason (for the 2nd year in a row) going to be an interesting decision - especially if our season fizzles out
Where is that reported?

Golden_6

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 15, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
If he gets surgery at the end of the season it won’t affect his pre-season much at all. If it’s a three month recovery time he might not be in full contact training until the new year but I imagine he’d be right to run at day one of training.

Unless there’s a high chance of worsening the injury, I imagine he’s just going to try and play through it and reassess how it’s feeling in a few weeks.

Bulldogs85

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 25, 2016
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
NBA- Houston Rockets
1669755404640.png

Back