Preview Changes vs Tigers (Round 4)

Remove this Banner Ad

Bevo just continuing to see how few he can have in a team. Every time he gets one out he can add another flanker.
If there was any week to go with more runners, I would think this is the week.

Richmond struggle to run out 4 quarters. If were even close at 3/4 time we should run over the top of them. Harsh on Roarke but Butler has been playing a pure wing role at VFL level and my faith in Hunter is shaky so we just have to give VFL performers their opportunity.
I would have tried to get McNeill into the side though - yeah he kicked 5 goals, but 9(!) tackles is outstanding for a mid, let alone a forward.

Williams only played half a game last week so should be fresh too. Riewoldt is possibly underdone and is slowing down - good opportunity to run off him at every opportunity.
Balta is the concern. Gardner has to go to Lynch who is a monster, so we've got a debuting O'Brien on perhaps the best pure athlete in the competition. O'Brien is a much better player when he doesn't have to fill in as a pure KPD.

Schache can’t have been that bad in the 2’s? I cannot believe we are going into a game with only 4 KPP. O’Brien isn’t a genuine KPP. Astounding.
Schache just doesn't have the competitive gene to be a KPP. He's a flanker in a tall's body.

If Roarke is a tub of vanilla, Butler is soy vanilla. Another mid-size player with few tricks and minimal athletic ability.

One of the better kicks on our list, composed with the footy and has a big tank. Think he has enough tricks to be a decent wingman.

Not sure why we didn't bring in McSteal. A guaranteed extra five goals would be more than handy. If we lose by less than thirty points I will be very annoyed. Besides, it has been so long since we have seen one of his fabled handball intercepts. For me there's nothing more enjoyable in footy.

Been saying Butler in for Roarke for a while now. No brainer for me. Younger, works equally as hard to get in the right spots, but brings additional skills and footy nous when compared to Roarke. No knock on Roarke, he works hard, but sometimes skills or lack of can be your undoing.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

What role is roarke/butler playing? Wing, but hard knocking up touches.

Hope we don't let that campaigner Nankervis rag doll our guys like he usually does. Will always go in for the extra hit when their is a pile up on the ball. Hope Timmy runs him ragged.

Not sure why we didn't bring in McSteal. A guaranteed extra five goals would be more than handy. If we lose by less than thirty points I will be very annoyed. Besides, it has been so long since we have seen one of his fabled handball intercepts. For me there's nothing more enjoyable in footy.
Realistically with the quality of our AFL midfield he is statistically more likely to kick 11 goals and intercept three handballs.

Richmond are sure to expose us not having his dynamite 178cm frame prowling the forward line. Sack Bev.

I love a good selection melt and as a board this week's performance has been pretty solid, but I don't really get the oft repeated view that we've substantially changed our structure this week.

We've made 3 changes to our 22.

The 1 unforced change was dropping a defensive winger, Roarke,r and replacing him with the most obvious Footscray player for the role, Butler

Then we made 2 forced changes;

- A KPD ,Keath, for a guy who has been playing KPD at the club we recruited him from, presumably to play the same role.

At 193 some say he's not a genuine KPD, but he's strong enough to play Ruck minutes, so he seems as equipped as any of the options I can see available to us this week

- Then a 3rd tall/hybrid type defender in Cordy for whom we chose Williams as the replacement.

Now maybe we could've selected slightly differently, maybe Khamis fitted the role slightly better, but Keath and Cordy are both experienced options and TOB and Williams are similarly experienced.

Cordy v Williams is not that major a change for mine.

I just don't get why people see these particular changes as being some kind of major change to our structures.

Last edited:
I love a good selection melt and as a board this week's performance has been pretty solid, but I don't really get the oft repeated view that we've substantially changed our structure this week.

The 1 unforced change was dropping a defensive winger, Roarke,r and replacing him with the most obvious Footscray player for the role, Butler

- A KPD ,Keath, for a guy who has been playing KPD at the club we recruited him from, presumably to play the same role.

At 193 some say he's not a genuine KPD, but he's strong enough to play Ruck minutes, so he seems as equipped as any of the options I can see available to us this week

- Then a 3rd tall/hybrid type defender in Cordy for whom we chose Williams as the replacement.

Now maybe we could've selected slightly differently, maybe Khamis fitted the role slightly better, but Keath and Cordy are both experienced options and Keath and Williams are similarly experienced.

I just don't get why people see these particular changes as being some kind of major change to our structures.
i love this take

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As always will be won and lost in the middle. Last year Lynch and Riewoldt only got off the chain when we were being dominated out of the centre.

Now maybe we could've selected slightly differently, maybe Khamis fitted the role slightly better, but Keath and Cordy are both experienced options and TOB and Williams are similarly experienced.

Mods, can we pin this post at the top of every weekly team selection thread.

It can act as garlic/religious cross for all those that don’t use basic critical thinking when coming in here to discuss team selection.

Mods, can we pin this post at the top of every weekly team selection thread.

It can act as garlic/religious cross for all those that don’t use basic critical thinking when coming in here to discuss team selection.
I honestly think that if buku or sweet are the medi subs we are a good chance, I also don't hate this backline Obviously Keith would be the preferred in over the likes of Williams or another medium defender, but I reckon if that whole team defence stands up like it did last week we are going to be more than okay.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back