Kennett the Fashionista

SuperMal

Club Legend
Jul 28, 2021
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
LEEDS F’jh#$@G UNITED
Seems like you might have all night there Champ, you've also had all week after you were 'done' and appeared to mic drop and wave goodbye.

Now if you could actually stick your word and wave goodbye, we'd all be very appreciative. Bye bye campaigner.
Joined in any muggings or stonings lately? You seem to be an expert at coming in late and bleating.

Still...if you have anything to contribute...outside of your pathetic posturing....chime in! 👍

brmi

Club Legend
Aug 16, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Joined in any muggings or stonings lately? You seem to be an expert at coming in late and bleating.

Still...if you have anything to contribute...outside of your pathetic posturing....chime in! 👍
I've made my opinions on the topic clear several times in this thread, if you'd bothered to read and listen to others you would be well aware of that.

I've also just made it clear that you are a complete campaigner, and the sooner you * right off the better we will all be. Now stick to your word from 4 nights ago after you mic dropped and waved goodbye, and do so.

SuperMal

Club Legend
Jul 28, 2021
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
LEEDS F’jh#$@G UNITED
I've made my opinions on the topic clear several times in this thread, if you'd bothered to read and listen to others you would be well aware of that.

I've also just made it clear that you are a complete campaigner, and the sooner you fu** right off the better we will all be. Now stick to your word from 4 nights ago after you mic dropped and waved goodbye, and do so.

Tissue?

..or a soapbox?

....or a turntable for your broken record?

SuperMal

Club Legend
Jul 28, 2021
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
LEEDS F’jh#$@G UNITED

I've also just made it clear that you are a complete campaigner, and the sooner you fu** right off the better we will all be. Now stick to your word from 4 nights ago after you mic dropped and waved goodbye, and do so.

And yes....I’m a campaigner. Can you think of a better qualification to deal with clown acts on forums?

So I agree.....but I also know those who don’t keep going...usually fail.

Now lets discuss how much you guys paid the Umps...😍

Brett C

Club Legend
Oct 11, 2014
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Manchester United
A couple of members seem to be really struggling with the concept that an indigenous woman could find Jeff’s gag ‘culturally insensitive.

Try this - The Riolis are in an acute minority in that-

They are indigenous
They are presumedly financially secure
They are living in a predominantly white, male dominated social and work environment

So they already feel less comfortable in this role than most white fellas in the same situation.

Then the personification of power, authority, wealth and education at the club comes along...and belittles the woman over her dress standard.

A white woman from a ‘privileged’ background might well have taken him to task. Insulted him back or thrown a drink on him....or laughed it off....because she would feel comfortable knowing she has support, family, education and probably some money to shrug off the dickheads.

However Shannyn is not culturally ‘tuned’ to being laughed AT, (coming from a minority background) nor would she have the confidence of knowing all the WAGs would automatically support her...against the Power Symbol.

Now you understand how insecure the Riolis would have felt- how can you not see that it ties back to their circumstance, position in society and a general lack of cultural understanding?

Ive posted this to try and help people get the gist of the issue...not to ‘attack’ anyone on here. 😎
So you’re saying that minorities don’t understand sarcasm or have a sense of humour. That’s some groundbreaking info right there.

Bravo for setting us all straight with your insight.

It’s been funny to see the giant leaps taken by those wanting to find racism where there isn’t and to back the overblown claims from someone trying to seek relevance now that the glow of Cyril has departed.

kriles76

Club Legend
Jul 16, 2003
37° 44′ 00″ S, 144° 51′ 59″ E
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Keilor Bowls Club
Very revealing article by Mark Robinson in the HS interviewing Cyril’s uncle, Michael Long.

https://www.codesports.com.au/afl/a...d/news-story/62d182ad929cd47ac1c92cd5de26b5f0

Michael says Cyril has become estranged from his family and closest team mates to the point where Cyril ignores their efforts of contact and he hasn’t spoken to family members for years.

Cyril has become a lost soul and needs help.

Regarding racism at Hawthorn, Long states:

Long said he was saddened when he read last week’s article, but not for the reason that saddened mostly everyone else.

“That article I read … that’s not Cyril, that’s not his go,” Uncle Michael said.

“He’s been four or five years out of the game … and for that article to come out that way it did … I was saddened to read how it came across about Jeff Kennett and the Hawthorn Football Club.

‘THERE WAS GOOD LEADERSHIP’

“There were a lot of Indigenous players at the club at the time — Shaun Burgoyne was there, Lance (Franklin) was there and before that Chance (Bateman) … there’s good leadership there.

“I don’t think any of those players spoke out about racial issues and I’ve never heard anything, and his mum has never said anything to me about this.

“I don’t know where it’s coming from.”

Last edited:
The implication has been made quite a few times now that the funding received for our Indigenous liaison officer didn’t all go to him, as he only worked 1 day a week.

Egan’s thoughts seem to back up Rioli’s in that we needed to do better.

Pretty worried about Cyril right now though, because he’s having all sorts of people now question his feelings.

Tim Evans Beard

Cancelled
East Side Hawks - Sweet F.A. Chess Club Member
Apr 9, 2016
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
What are the chances this thread can be merged with the ‘bigfooty is a haven for racist trolls’ thread?

ElectricG

Premiership Player
Feb 18, 2019
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
What are the chances this thread can be merged with the ‘bigfooty is a haven for racist trolls’ thread?
Perhaps they can have a discussion about the highly educated users and mods here who suggest that aboriginals can’t be trusted to converse and behave normally among white people, or even employ basic hygiene.

ElectricG

Premiership Player
Feb 18, 2019
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
What does this mean?
I know what you’re trying to lure me into saying, and that’s not it at all. I’m talking about the interpersonal behaviours that exist across all cultures on earth including indigenous ones. I mean acting with the presumption that others have good intentions, ability to stomach extremely benign jokes at your expense, tolerance of the foibles of others especially after they apologise multiple times and half a decade has elapsed. The opposite of Cyril’s Wife - that’s what I mean by normal behaviour; the kind of thing you would normally call “Karen” behaviour but is apparently laden with sociological baggage when a WAG who happens to be indigenous does it.

SuperMal

Club Legend
Jul 28, 2021
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
LEEDS F’jh#$@G UNITED
So you’re saying that minorities don’t understand sarcasm or have a sense of humour. That’s some groundbreaking info right there. NO. thats your limited comprehension of what I’m saying

Bravo for setting us all straight with your insight. - Most haven’t struggled with it....perhaps the issue is closer to your home.

It’s been funny to see the giant leaps taken by those wanting to find racism where there isn’t and to back the overblown claims from someone trying to seek relevance now that the glow of Cyril has departed.- Ive agreed several times that it wasn’t direct racism....more an example of cultural and gender insensitivity - perhaps if you learned to read you’d spare us all from your bile horsh1t ramblings...🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦

SuperMal

Club Legend
Jul 28, 2021
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
LEEDS F’jh#$@G UNITED
I know what you’re trying to lure me into saying, and that’s not it at all. I’m talking about the interpersonal behaviours that exist across all cultures on earth including indigenous ones. I mean acting with the presumption that others have good intentions, ability to stomach extremely benign jokes at your expense, tolerance of the foibles of others especially after they apologise multiple times and half a decade has elapsed. The opposite of Cyril’s Wife - that’s what I mean by normal behaviour; the kind of thing you would normally call “Karen” behaviour but is apparently laden with sociological baggage when a WAG who happens to be indigenous does it.

Still bullsh1tting yourself silly I see.

We’ll need wings to stay above it.

Can only hope you’ll run out of snakes to glue legs on soon....

mcnulty

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 18, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Well Caro’s article seems to have aged about as well as a Will Smith slap- from standing ovation to wtf in a microsecond. But for some tremendous entertainment, head over to the Hawks board. They’ve gone past the hair shirt, the cilice belt even, and have been flogging themselves over the shoulder with the birch branch to within an inch of their lives.

Its surreal.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
I can't stand this kind of extreme relativism.
'If it causes offence it must be offensive'

We simply must have an agreed, objective standard of what is racist behaviour. It can't be anything you like on the day.

if we can swap genders over a cup of tea, I'm share we can be trusted to decide for ourselves whats racist to us. I saw a white person with a white dog. You can't tell me that's not making a racist statement. I called them out over it though, they got theirs.

Tim Evans Beard

Cancelled
East Side Hawks - Sweet F.A. Chess Club Member
Apr 9, 2016
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
So, you’ve written something without considering that it may be offensive to other people and upon reflection can see how your intention is based from your unique position and my understanding of what you have written is based on my position.

An analogous situation to Kennett and Rioli and a classic tenet of phenomenology.

The above demonstrates you get this and are being intentionally obtuse.

killtaker1993

Club Legend
Sep 17, 2021
AFL Club
Adelaide
Designer ripped jeans just scream poser. Like when see certain people wearing Nirvana shirts and you know damn well they can't name five of their songs

Designer ripped jeans just scream poser. Like when see certain people wearing Nirvana shirts and you know damn well they can't name five of their songs

yeah it's totally like that

Name five Nirvana songs

Back