Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goodness that's an awful theme song that I'm glad I don't hear often enough. "We are the ones in the red, gold and blue".

Don't see much of the blue these days.

Last edited:
Feel like just about every team has had THAT game against GC where all their hopes and dreams are dashed, we've had a couple I think.
r2 2019 was a shocker, losing by a kick (should have been more but they couldn't kick straight at goal) after the North demolishing was a rough afternoon

r2 2019 was a shocker, losing by a kick (should have been more but they couldn't kick straight at goal) after the North demolishing was a rough afternoon
That was the game i thought Ross tenure was almost done.

After scoring 140 the week before we dished up that defensive rubbish against a suns team on a dry afternoon on the GC and couldn't crack 60 points.

The issue Carlton have is they're currently one trick. They are best in the league at scoring from stoppages, but around worst in the league scoring from turnover. This is not the identity of a premiership side. Set up defensively at stoppages and kill them on the turnover. Losing Cripps is a massive blow to their strength and leaves them ripe for the picking in a fortnight.
Good analysis! I don't watch much of Carlton which is why my analysis of them is shallow. I just got spooked of the graph Tay posted where teams that finish 4-0 have a 50% chance if playing in the granny.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cerra is so meh compared with Brayshaw.
He’d look better in a better team whereas brayshaw plays like Selwood where his game style doesn’t rely on people farming the ball out to him.

Just another example of Carlton getting ahead of themselves getting cerra. He’s as soft as butter he needs some inside mids to do the tough stuff. Might mess up his hair otherwise.

Good analysis! I don't watch much of Carlton which is why my analysis of them is shallow. I just got spooked of the graph Tay posted where teams that finish 4-0 have a 50% chance if playing in the granny.
% is an amazing predictor of a quality team beyond wins and losses. That’s why going into the round Carlton was only at 113%.

My assessment of West Coast's rookie stocks. It's very grim reading and a timely reminder of why they should never have, under any circumstances, traded extremely valuable future trade capital for Tim Kelly!

Sam Petrevski-Seton = Potato 🥔
Luke Edwards = Who?
Campbell Chesser = Could be something...
Brady Hough = lol
Xavier O'Neill = See above
Luke Foley = Delisted at the end of the season
Patrick Naish = Who?
Zane Trew = A Sandover Medallist in waiting
Jack Williams = Who?
Bailey J Williams = Excellent potential
Connor West = Cool haircut dude! Delist
Greg Clark = Who?
Callum Jamieson = Ummm, no
Hugh Dixon = Where have I heard that name before? Ahh yes, of course! He was thrown on the Fremantle scrapheap!
Luke Meadows = Did not even know he existed!
Isiah Winder = I like the cut of his jive!
Oscar Allen = Possesses serious forward craft!

Wow, what a potato show! This crop could win agricultural awards the land over!!

Snuffaluphagus
Keep Snuffs name out yo *en mouth!

Will Smith Punch GIF by Xavier Degraux

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back