NRL Cronulla Sharks

Remove this Banner Ad

Practice games hey. Last week we loose by plenty this week we win by plenty. Mind you there were some unfamiliar names among last week's line up. This week was a much stronger line up. Highlight for me was Nicho Hynes booting 5/5. Most were simple shots but geez he kicks them straight. Hynes is a good player and will add heaps to our side.

Wade Graham limped off again, these days the poor bastard does not seem to be able to play a game without getting hurt.

As for the opposition how does a player get himself on report twice in a pre season practice game? First Tevita Pangai jnr. had a go at Sione Katoa while the latter was on the ground then minutes later he liked Royce Hunt's jersey that much he decided to rip it off him.

Last edited:

I do not know what the close contact rules are in NSW or if there are any but in SA at least half of the squad would probably be deemed close contacts and have to isolate and test for 7 days. In SA the following is a close contact:
  • someone who has had close personal interaction with a person with COVID-19 during their infectious period:
  • for 15 minutes or more and
  • where masks are not worn by the person and the COVID-19 case and
  • in close physical proximity (within 1.5 metres) and
  • in an indoor setting
I reckon most players would fall into the above categories. In SA the infectious period is two days prior to a positive test and 10 days after but as I say other States may be different.

In Queensland Adam, Reynolds will miss the Broncos opening game as he tested positive and must isolate. The Sharks are playing in the ACT this week so they will be bound by the local COVID rules. Let us hope those rules are not as tight as those in SA.

Last edited:
Another week, another boneheaded, match swinging penalty by Jesse Ramien. Only to then miss the tackle to allow the match winning try by Hudson.

If Fitz is serious about standards, he has to be straight out for Tracey next week

Geez that officious toad Ben Cummins does not look any better with his head shaved. Cummins manged two penalties against us in the first 5 minutes and that gave Canberra the momentum.

Some good signs as we came back at them but our defence still needs work.

Yay, we win a close one. Good to see the boys fight back but we still had that s**t 20 minute period. This week it was 10 minutes either side of the break and we could not get hold of the football.

The Cronulla conversion curse struck again. I reckon if you go over the line 3 times you should expect to have more than 12 points on the board. Blocker Roach posed the question, 'Will this be another game where Cronulla scores more tries than the opposition but loses? At least Nicho kicked one when it mattered.

It's a worry in an otherwise bright display. The commentators were all praising him to the skies, and yes, he played well, but those missed kicks...

A lot to like about the Sharks, you guys looking better by the week. Great defence, and fast and dangerous in attack. I'm no Moylan fan, but to be fair, he and Hinds have been good lately. Strong all-round team display.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Talakai was a real force last night. Best game he has played for us. Scored a try and was unlucky not to get another, I have real trouble with some of these calls from the bunker. As Blocker Roach said there was no way the Newcastle player was going to get to Talakai to stop him going over.

The halves were good and Nicho Hynes has added flair to the halves and Moylan has turned the clock back. Kicking conditions were atrocious due to the cross wind and if it had been a still night Nicho would probably have added another 4-6 points.

Katoa scored a amazing try, with a leap like that this guy should be in the Olympic high jump.

Fitzgibbon has certainly tightened up our defence and it was great to see a clean sheet for a change.

Only Ben Cummins could give a bloke 10 minutes in the sin bin with 4 seconds left on the clock. Cummins report on Dale Finnucane also looked over the top. We have to assume that Dominic Young we be cited for his dangerous tackle on Mulitalo, Cummins did not signal a report for a tackle in which Mulitalo's head clearly impacts with the ground. Why is it Cronulla finish with this over officious Cummins so often?

West Tigers next week then we have the Storm, Panthers and Broncos.

I don't agree with what often seems to me excessive criticism of NRL refs, who are generally pretty good (I'd welcome any of them to SL with open arms!). but I think 'officious' is spot-on for Cummins. I imagine Young will be in front of the beak.

A scoreline of 30-4 looks pretty comprehensive but it is misleading. That was one of the sloppiest games I have seen from the Sharks. At half time the FOXTEL commentators had us making 12 errors and I reckon we had near as many in the second half. Dale Finucane dropped two passes when a tries looked a certainty. If we had made that many errors against a decent side we would have lost. Nicho Hynes again did well in field play but his conversion attempts were poor. 3/6 is disappointing and kept pushing the ball wide of the left upright. He didn't seem able to adjust.

On the credit side our right side was deadly with Sione Katoa on fire. Kennedy played well but appeared to jag his shoulder toward the end. Our defence held up pretty well and it was disappointing that we let a try over in the dying couple of minutes. It was pretty good effort as far as possession and endeavour went it is just a pity we made so many basic ball handling errors.

Not sure who the clown who invaded the pitch with a flare in the second half was but he deserves a life ban from all sport. The TV networks have a sensible policy of not giving these idiots publicity by focusing on them so it was hard to see if there was any point to this madness.

As it stands we are on top of the ladder with the Panthers yet to play. At worst we will be second after 5 rounds which is a better start than I thought possible.

Next week the Storm at AAMI.

Just watched the game. Pretty much that, plenty of classy touches from the Sharks but way too many errors.

Not sure who the clown who invaded the pitch with a flare in the second half was but he deserves a life ban from all sport. The TV networks have a sensible policy of not giving these idiots publicity by focusing on them so it was hard to see if there was any point to this madness.
Some climate change activist f.wit who is part of an organisation which is blocking Sydneys main roads and causing protests every week.

Thank christ they lock the w***er up for 3 months.

You can cop a harmless streaker if they are just there not going near the players.

But for some grub to walk out with a flare and coming in contact between players was a disgrace.

Some climate change activist f.wit who is part of an organisation which is blocking Sydneys main roads and causing protests every week.

Thank christ they lock the w***er up for 3 months.

You can cop a harmless streaker if they are just there not going near the players.

But for some grub to walk out with a flare and coming in contact between players was a disgrace.

Yeah, I saw some stupid bitch on Adelaide TV on Monday. She was also wearing a red cape and my mind immediately flashed back to the guy with the flare. Apparently this silly cow had glued her self to a light pole and been arrested. Looks like it is an Australia wide movement maybe Extinction Rebellion.

Geez it didn't take long to deal with this idiot. Three months jail. The sentence was for letting off a distress flare without cause.

Same story...

Competitive for 60 minutes but out muscled in the last 20 minutes. Storm are a powerful side and they are likely challengers to Penrith.

Not all doom and gloom as there were some good patches but Fitzgibbon has some work to do. Losing Dale Finucane 10 minutes in did not help our cause.

i hope we can bounce back next week

We have done so in great fashion. That was a great win considering we played with 12 men for over 60 minutes after William Kennedy was sent off for a high shot on Reece Walsh and for 10 minutes we were down to 11 men after Jesse Ramien was sent to the bin for 10 minutes. A team down to 12 men for over a half has not won a game since Manly did it in 2008.

A 29-10 result is truly amazing stuff from the Sharkies.

We have done so in great fashion. That was a great win considering we played with 12 men for over 60 minutes after William Kennedy was sent off for a high shot on Reece Walsh and for 10 minutes we were down to 11 men after Jesse Ramien was sent to the bin for 10 minutes. A team down to 12 men for over a half has not won a game since Manly did it in 2008.

A 29-10 result is truly amazing stuff from the Sharkies.
That was a very good second half. Almost undone by Ramien (again) but smart play when down to 11 kept them out. Hynes has definitely been a good get.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back