Covid-19 Wuhan Coronavirus (COVID-19) - Part 5 - Get vaccinated.

https://www.health.nsw.gov.au/Infec...d-19-vaccination-case-surveillance-051121.pdf

In the peak fortnight of the outbreak to date (25 August to 7 September), the COVID-19 case rate among 2-dose vaccinated people was 49.5 per 100,000 while in unvaccinated people it was 561 per 100,000, a more than 10-fold difference. The rates of COVID-19 ICU admissions or deaths peaked in the fortnight 8 September to 21 September at 0.9 per 100,000 in 2-dose vaccinated people compared to 15.6 per 100,000 in unvaccinated people, a greater than 16-fold difference.

Last edited:

deck

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 7, 2004
Melburn
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Liverpool, SF 49ers, FSU
It seems to be only Victoria going on with this nonsense. (Don’t know about WA, camps are probably banned fullstop.) The AFL (or clubs) is lobbying the government to scrap the close contact rule, which is forcing healthy players out of the game if they live with a positive person.
No the whole country still has a 7 day isolation for close contact with household members.

Sep 20, 2005
Hell
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
I warned about vax problems for athletes months ago

See vid of the Sunday footy show

afl-sunday-footy-show-discussing-about-sport-athletes-having-heart-issues-and-other-health-problems

and around the world

c0ffddc1-b069-4ae0-acf7-1c5bd3b5e0cb
Oh YOU warned.
Sorry i wasn't listening to YOU , such an eminent expert.

Any thoughts on Dylan Roberton?

One thing i know , ( and i don't intend to smear either of the above , i don't believe either of them are applicable ) is that i'm routinely told that the "nose beers" are common now days, as if i'm old fashioned and everyone is doing it.
If you want to avoid heart issues , avoid that crap. There are far more tangible links than there are to covid vaccines.

Off topic, i love the way they use the term "due diligence" without having a clue what it means.

( seriously why are you and so many others so invested in finding issues with Covid vaccines or are you simply as gullible as Mathew Lloyd ).

From Ollie Wines who, like most Australians, is probably smarter than those on your footy show:

The Port star also said there were no concerns his health scare was related to his Covid vaccination and myocarditis.
“It’s nothing to do with that. It’s completely unrelated,” Wines said.
“It’s more a heart rhythm issue that is pretty common in elderly people and elite athletes.
“Once it was explained to me it was very reassuring and there’s not too many long-term effects.

“The prognosis is really positive. I’ve got a few more tests to come and to see the cardiologist again but at this stage it’s not a big issue.”

Jan 14, 2002
AFL Club
Richmond
Holy moly, I'm 48 hours into my dose of omicron and feel like total gobshyte. Had my Moderna booster vax just before Christmas (after the two AZ's across 2021), and can only sympathise now with all those few million poor feckas who died of this thing. I mean, don't start digging a hole for me just yet, but surely things start getting a bit more tolerable after the 3rd or 4th day?

Come on someone, tell me what I want to hear. Urggh!

Holy moly, I'm 48 hours into my dose of omicron and feel like total gobshyte. Had my Moderna booster vax just before Christmas (after the two AZ's across 2021), and can only sympathise now with all those few million poor feckas who died of this thing. I mean, don't start digging a hole for me just yet, but surely things start getting a bit more tolerable after the 3rd or 4th day?

You'll be better than ever by tomorrow morning.

(Not a guarantee of any kind.)

Feb 21, 2002
Hawaii
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

These vaccines are terrific at preventing transmission and infection.

Apr 23, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
I think most think that vaccines will help stop you getting whatever disease/virus it's designed for, that might be where the confusion lies.

Most people would be wrong then. They also misunderstand the meaning of the word immunity in a medical setting.

It's not an invulnerability shield like in a video game. It's all about inducing an immune response from your body.

That's why a number of official sources have been updated since the pandemic begun, not because it's some kind of conspiracy (we already had multi-dose vaccines, we already had vaccines that didn't provide complete protection from ever getting sick) but because people misunderstood what vaccines were intended to achieve.

The vaccines all induce an effective immune response, and also pretty much stopped the OG strain of COVID-19 from spreading, it's since mutated so they don't achieve that, but they do still achieve their primary goal which is to induce an immune response from your body such that if you're exposed to the virus you have a significantly reduced chance of severe illness or death.

Immunisation works by triggering the immune system to fight against certain diseases. If a vaccinated person comes in contact with these diseases, their immune system is able to respond more effectively. This either prevents the disease from developing or reduces the severity.

The vaccine is therefore a safe and clever way to produce an immune response in the body, without causing illness.

Vaccines greatly reduce the risk of infection by working with the body’s natural defenses to safely develop immunity to disease.

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2002
AFL Club
Richmond
Well i knew this guy who got hit by a car and died , and he was immunised ( like nearly everyone ) so clearly the Injection makes you get hit by cars.

is kind of the dumb reaction we see.
You see, I know a guy who was taking Ivermectin, and as far as I know he didn't get hit by any cars. Makes ya think, doesn't it.

You see, I know a guy who was taking Ivermectin, and as far as I know he didn't get hit by any cars. Makes ya think, doesn't it.

What happens if you take Ivermectin AND get vaccinated? Has anyone done it or is it only people who have an illogical stand against vaccines who take Ivermectin? Surely someone with worms has. ( A family member actually got a worm infestation, i was kind of disappointed when the doctor didn't prescribe Ivermectin ).

Most people would be wrong then. They also misunderstanding the meaning of the word immunity in a medical setting.

It's not an invulnerability shield like in a video game. It's all about inducing an immune response from your body.

That's why a number of official sources have been updated since the pandemic begun, not because it's some kind of conspiracy (we already had multi-dose vaccines, we already had vaccines that didn't provide complete protection from ever getting sick) but because people misunderstood what vaccines were intended to achieve.

The vaccines all induce an effective immune response, and also pretty much stopped the OG strain of COVID-19 from spreading, it's since mutated so they don't achieve that, but they do still achieve their primary goal which is to induce an immune response from your body such that if you're exposed to the virus you have a significantly reduced chance of severe illness or death.

To be fair regarding the wrongness of most people, there's been a definitional alteration and blurring of viruses and their corresponding disease.

Back