List Mgmt. 2022 Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Two simple rules for our recruiter to write down, keep in his top pocket and refer to frequently on draft night

1. No more half back flankers

2. No more little guys.

I can make an exception for number 2 if the little guy is a very quick crumbing forward.

Quite a few top-end talls.

Harry Barnett
22/01/2004 | 202cm | Ruck/Forward
West Adelaide/South Australia

It is the land of the giants over at West Adelaide in 2022, and Barnett is one of many viable tall forward options at the Bloods’ disposal. For a player who measures up at 202cm, the Westies bigman moves incredibly well and can carry the ball forward, while also posing an obvious aerial threat.

Jackson Broadbent
02/12/2004 | 202cm | Ruck
Peel Thunder/Western Australia

One of the rare under-agers to have already experienced senior football, Broadbent is a ruck whose upside was unearthed across the course of the season. He managed three-consecutive League digs but looked most effective at Colts level, before also cracking Western Australia’s Under 19s.

Jedd Busslinger
11/03/2004 | 195cm | Key Defender
East Perth/Western Australia

A more unassuming player than others on this list, Busslinger strung together a terrifically consistent season which ended with a state Under 19s berth. The tall defender positions well to intercept and is rarely beaten both in the air and at ground level, while also distributing with composure.

Will Elliott
11/06/2004 | 200cm | Ruck/Forward
Oakleigh Chargers/Vic Metro

Elliott is the son of former Australian cricketer, Matthew. He provides great versatility and upside at 200cm, able to play on each line but looking most comfortable as a ruck/forward. He’ll be among Oakleigh’s very promising tall fleet in 2022 and could improve rapidly as he continues to fill out.

Isaac Keeler
23/04/2004 | 197cm | Key Forward
North Adelaide/South Australia

A product of Adelaide’s NGA, Keeler will unlikely end up there under the new bidding rules. Nonetheless, he looms as an exciting tall prospect with terrific athletic upside and great potential, having shown his wares for a couple of Under 18s seasons now. He’s effective both aerially and at ground level, with potential to pinch-hit in the ruck.

Isaac Keeler
23/04/2004 | 197cm | Key Forward
North Adelaide/South Australia

A product of Adelaide’s NGA, Keeler will unlikely end up there under the new bidding rules. Nonetheless, he looms as an exciting tall prospect with terrific athletic upside and great potential, having shown his wares for a couple of Under 18s seasons now. He’s effective both aerially and at ground level, with potential to pinch-hit in the ruck.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who is our head recruiter now? The Nick guy has moved on I think but I don’t know the name of the new guy.
Who decides who we take at each pick on the night? Is it Bev, Chris Grant or New Guy? Does anyone on here know the facts of the decision making? Are all three in a huddle and make a snap decision? This is not not a criticism I genuinely don’t know the actual process.

Who is our head recruiter now? The Nick guy has moved on I think but I don’t know the name of the new guy.
Who decides who we take at each pick on the night? Is it Bev, Chris Grant or New Guy? Does anyone on here know the facts of the decision making? Are all three in a huddle and make a snap decision? This is not not a criticism I genuinely don’t know the actual process.
Dom Milesi is our national recruiting manager since the start of 2020 (was previously a recruiter with Collingwood and Hawks for 15 years total)

I can't speak for our actual process, but my understanding is they'd take a consensus approach given that Bevo has an idea of gameplan, Power has an idea of list needs, and Milesi would be best informed on where each draftee should be ranked. I know other clubs take this approach (footage of draft night released by Carlton + Melbourne showed them basically working this way)

… given that Bevo has an idea of gameplan, Power has an idea of list needs, and Milesi would be best informed on where each draftee should be ranked.
These “ideas” are under intense scrutiny since the season began.

Not saying you’re wrong but plenty here are questioning how effectively these “ideas” are combining to deliver us a side capable of finishing top 4.

These “ideas” are under intense scrutiny since the season began.

Not saying you’re wrong but plenty here are questioning how effectively these “ideas” are combining to deliver us a side capable of finishing top 4.
Hey now, all I said was "idea", I didn't say they were good ones ;)

Tom Scully has been kicking bags of goals for West Adelaide u18. 22.5 goals in 4 games so far, running at 81% scoring accuracy.

IMG_2317.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Last edited:
Tom Scully has been kicking bags of goals for West Adelaide u18. 22.5 goals in 4 games so far, running at 81% scoring accuracy.

View attachment 1373407

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
22.5! Can't see us recruiting anyone with that sort of accuracy.

Unless of course we made him into a KPD or ruckman.

22.5! Can't see us recruiting anyone with that sort of accuracy.

Unless of course we made him into a KPD or ruckman.
If him and Sam Darcy split for KPF/Ruck role we can finally get English out onto the wing.

In all seriousness the bloke is 204cm playing U18 football. He’s probably taking half his shots from the goal square.

If him and Sam Darcy split for KPF/Ruck role we can finally get English out onto the wing.

In all seriousness the bloke is 204cm playing U18 football. He’s probably taking half his shots from the goal square.
Yes beware the Tom Boyd scenario. Unstoppable as a 200cm monster against kids but a lot more difficult against hardened, fully developed players in their late 20s.

Wouldnt mind having a look at the Green brothers
Tom Green would be the libba replacement and Josh Green is developing nicely as KF/Mid in the vfl

Tom Green would be the libba replacement and Josh Green is developing nicely as KF/Mid in the vfl
ScragCity likes this idea. He already has a wardrobe full of t-shirts plugging these boys.

Doesn't Tom have some close Richmond connection? Think I heard an interview with him stating he loved player movements (a la the NBA) and loved the build up/mystique/angst of it and liked the idea he might be part of that. Richmond was referred to in much the same breath. I think that move is actually pretty done and dusted 4 years out. Sorry, not sorry, GWS fans :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back