2023/2024 Gold Coast Draft & Trade periods

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to intrude, however, I am invested in the Suns rise up the ladder as they are my second team and I am a huge fan of Qld footy being a Queenslander and AFL fanatic. I have seen a lot of comparisons between the Lions rise and the Suns young talent trying to emulate that(Touk Miller mentioned the Lions rise as a blueprint). A big part of our rise in addition to all the young talent we drafted was the recruitment of stars like Neale, Cameron and Daniher. I definitely think the Suns should be aiming to add a gun this off season. If you win 10+ games and look like you're on the cusp of becoming a top 4 team by seasons end I think GC would be a very appealing option for OOC stars. Darcy Moore as you mentioned would be the perfect target in my opinion. A gun key defender in his prime who would be lethal in tandem with Sam Collins with Collins doing the elite shut down role and Moore intercepting at will.

I think the young talent the Suns have acquired is just as good if not superior to the Lions mix of Hipwood, Andrews, McClugagge, Bailey, Rayner, Starecvich ect. with King, Lukoisus, Rankine, Rowell, Anderson, Powell, Hollands and Andrew an insane collection of young talent. You have also recruited some shrewd trade/FA additions e.g. Ellis, Markov and Chol to compliment the 22 which the Lions did with guys like McCarthy, Cockatoo and Adams to name a few. I think if you can add a star or two of the next couple off seasons the Suns will be a perennial top 8 side for many years to come if not top 4.

P.S. I hope you flog the Eagles Sunday night!
Thanks!
I love no-one ever mentions Chucky Ballard
That's just fine by us;)

The mid season draft is coming up isn’t it?
Do we have any list spots?

Ned Moyle proved such a great pick up for us last year.

Was having a look at the VFL and a few young players.
Max Pescud has had a great start to the year.

Maybe many chance he, or others could be in the mix?

54AC9D4F-DA72-4FE1-8A62-A4ECF4049C0E.jpeg

The mid season draft is coming up isn’t it?
Do we have any list spots?

Ned Moyle proved such a great pick up for us last year.

Was having a look at the VFL and a few young players.
Max Pescud has had a great start to the year.

Maybe many chance he, or others could be in the mix?
The mid season draft last year was a bit of an anomaly, due to all the limited games draftees had played due to Covid the year before. I wonder if this year will be the same, with so many games cancelled last year. Could be a few gems.

Hopefully we won’t get a good, top-pick player though, as that will mean we’re higher up the order due to us having a decent season!

Bailey smith out of contract I don’t care, ask him the question. $$$

I think he’s a mummy’s boy. Wasn’t he one of those players who warned interstate clubs against drafting him.

Yeah he also never drank alcohol.

He’s changed man now, holiday’d on the Gold Coast after the grand final loss.

Might like being away from the bubble with his mental health claims.

Touk Anderson Rowell smith all 2 way gut runners I can only dream

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mostly another mid (though I would much rather trade for a decent one instead for a quick fix solution :))

Drafting another forward will take too long to develop, but could be something we look for regardless. Mac Andrew could be that forward I guess. Just try and trade for a serviceable tall in the meantime.

Ask the question to any of
Josh Kelly, Tim taranto or Stephen Coniglio

GWS need to let one of them go to balance their books and midfield out

It’ll be interesting to see what hawthorn do with
Scrimshaw
Jiath
Bramble
Day

All rebounding half backs.

Wonder if Lachie bramble could play midfield and could be an under the radar get. Showed he could play last year.

Bailey Laurie for Melbourne sounds like a jack Higgins type.
Playing alright in the VFL - could be a target poaching reserves players who can’t break into the team.
Would add something to our list for sure.

I was just naming players who can play forward/kick goals.

But I’ll be very happy with hopper. We made a bid for him so I’m sure we’ll be keeping a close eye.

They would have to start prioritising Tom Green, Taranto, Bruhn & Callaghan soon so surely some have to leave

It’ll be interesting to see what hawthorn do with
Scrimshaw
Jiath
Bramble
Day

All rebounding half backs.

Wonder if Lachie bramble could play midfield and could be an under the radar get. Showed he could play last year.

Day onto the wing, and I’m sure Bramble is pushing the wing too. They are pretty stacked, would argue Sicily is their best ball user too.

Which I’ll happily take if that gives hawks round 1 compo. He would be our Luko down back again

I was just naming players who can play forward/kick goals.

But I’ll be very happy with hopper. We made a bid for him so I’m sure we’ll be keeping a close eye.

They would have to start prioritising Tom Green, Taranto, Bruhn & Callaghan soon so surely some have to leave
Heading to Suns or Victoria teams? Pretty easy decision.

Heading to Suns or Victoria teams? Pretty easy decision.

Depends who wants to pay up. We’re starting to turn the corner.

Who would of thought joe Daniher would go to Brisbane?

Our time is coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back