Player Watch 2022 AFL National Draft Discussion - read the pinned post

Who will you be happy with Hawthorn selecting with their first pick?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
National AFL draft Monday November 28(first round only).
All other selections to be held on Tuesday November 29.
The pre-season and rookie drafts will then take place at 3pm (AEST) on Wednesday November 30.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was going to bring him up. I like the look of him. Hopefully, we could get him at our second pick in the draft.
Brayden George I heard might go top 10 so our second round pick at 37 won’t get it done unfortunately…

Twomey has now made comparisons to Petracca.
If anything makes me iffy about draftees it's the Petracca/Martin comparisons, in a lot of cases that might just mean developmentally ahead of the rest.

I know he spent a year out with a knee injury, but Rayner is a great example of that. You're at a significant advantage in the U18 comps if you're bigger and stronger than the rest, and you immediately lose that advantage going into the AFL.

Edit: No offense to your cousin's lad of course... I just read the quote chain :$

If anything makes me iffy about draftees it's the Petracca/Martin comparisons, in a lot of cases that might just mean developmentally ahead of the rest.

I know he spent a year out with a knee injury, but Rayner is a great example of that. You're at a significant advantage in the U18 comps if you're bigger and stronger than the rest, and you immediately lose that advantage going into the AFL.

Edit: No offense to your cousin's lad of course... I just read the quote chain :$
This is the same reason I don't trust draftees with thick facial hair/Mo's. Physically developed ahead of the other kids, of course they'd dominate

Jai says hi! ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rayners problem has been his tank. I think he still becomes a match winner. Has been improving it each year. Petracca had the same issue. Could get the big frame around the field.

Sandringham Dragon Harry Sheezel kicked 6.2 yesterday and had 28 disposals. Crazy performance. One to consider as our top pick if he is on the board.
His teammate Charlie Clarke kicked 7.1 and had 23 disposals.
Please spare a thought for the opposition. Just joking 😂

WH.jpg

Please spare a thought for the opposition. Just joking 😂

View attachment 1382366
Northern Knights are terrible this year. Cooper Harvey is about the only one who looks like getting drafted and he's probably going to go outside the top 35. Shows how much of a difference Josh Ward and Ned Long make to a team.

Northern Knights are terrible this year. Cooper Harvey is about the only one who looks like getting drafted and he's probably going to go outside the top 35. Shows how much of a difference Josh Ward and Ned Long make to a team.
And wilmot

With the NAB league taking a break Brisbane are getting Will Ashcroft to train with the senior side and play with the VFL Brisbane side during the break for there father son. Does anyone know if Hawthorn is doing the same with Jerome Lawrence and he will be training with Hawthorn and playing with Box Hill in this Break.

With the NAB league taking a break Brisbane are getting Will Ashcroft to train with the senior side and play with the VFL Brisbane side during the break for there father son. Does anyone know if Hawthorn is doing the same with Jerome Lawrence and he will be training with Hawthorn and playing with Box Hill in this Break.
I think it is bit different as Will Ashcroft is the best kid in the draft and Lawrence is more looking like a rookie pick. I'd say training maybe? But would be extremely surprised if he were to play with Box Hill.

I like how you haven't mentioned Wardlaw. I am a big fan of making sweeping judgements of 18 years Olds based on next to no vision. There is nothing in that clip that suggests he is elite at the AFL.

I am on the athletic key forward train this year if the right one is available. Lemmey looks a great size, athletic enough, beautiful kick.

Do we take the key forward with Lemmy, Scully, Keeler to pair with Lewis for the next 10 years?

Or powerful mids Tsatas or Hewitt?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back