Players you are surprised are still on an AFL list

Remove this Banner Ad

It's a flaw in the offseason player movement system. Clearly the Saints needed a 3rd mature ruck. Couldn't get Xerri. So got Campbell as insurance, but they gave Hayes a chance over summer too.

Really Hayes should've got his chance to impress over summer before it was necessary to sign Campbell and then you'd use the list spot on depth in other areas.

Every club should stop signing guys like Campbell in October/November. Leave list spots to try out some younger options and if none present themselves by Feb then sign up Campbell.
We needed both really. There were multiple games last year where neither Ryder or Marshall played and if that happens again we’ll need both Campbell and Hayes in the team.

Hayes at 192cm is just too short for the no.1 ruck role.

Travis Colyer, but he's playing well.

I find it strange that both Rory Thompson and Sam Day are still on Gold Coast's list, I don't watch many of their games but I can't remember seeing either of them on the park for a long time.

Also Caleb Marchbank and Adam Kennedy are two more who don't seem to ever play but clubs persist with.

shaun higgins,isaac smith,rhys stanley,luke dalhaus,patrick dangerfield,joel selwood,gary rohan,gryan miers,are these guys still playing ?

dual premiership winning midfielder Marlion Pickett ? yeah its a suprise alrite
Please stop using premierships as a way to measure how good a player is. Using that logic then Jason Castagna would be considered better than Nat Fyfe

shaun higgins,isaac smith,rhys stanley,luke dalhaus,patrick dangerfield,joel selwood,gary rohan,gryan miers,are these guys still playing ?
You mean triple premiership winning midfielders Isaac Smith and Joel Selwood?

dual premiership winning midfielder Marlion Pickett ? yeah its a suprise alrite

Sam Reid, genuinely thought he had retired up until the other week 😂

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Please stop using premierships as a way to measure how good a player is. Using that logic then Jason Castagna would be considered better than Nat Fyfe
Nobody's saying he's better than Nate Fyfe, you're being ridiculous. Stop disrespecting premiership players who have stood up when ultimate footy pressure is on. Multiple times.

Sam Reid played 22, 10, 10 games the last 3 years. If someone asked me I would've guessed about 10 games total.

Have you been feeding your horses baked beans, again?
Tell you what SR , not me , but I was part owner in a race horse with mates. let’s just say the trainer changed up his diet with something like bake beans and pancetta and spinach ravioli. Not a pleasant odour my friend

Remove this Banner Ad

Back