The race for Top 4

Remove this Banner Ad

You give us more praise than your mate haha.
Not buying anyone in Jan has done you in IMO.
I think the Auba situation really hurt us, though, he had lost his spark playing for us and looks a new player at Barca.

Arteta has definitely given the club an identity back to an extent (so far), but as I have said, his squad depth and management is what hurt him.

AMN should never have been let go, and like you said, we should have dipped into the window in Jan. I am sure there players playing for lesser clubs who we could have signed without issue.

United just lost to Everton then managed to be beating Norwich 2-0 only for the score to be 2-2 haha. I mean they suck, but amazingly they are sucking less than Arsenal.

Think they have us next which should be fun.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

premier-league-final-prediction-april-19-1024x658.jpg

4th spot will go to which team shits the bed the least. Arsenal have lost 3 on the bounce, Spurs go from very good to poor and United are United. Whilst it sounds obvious, it either of the above can win 2 or 3 in a row it will probably see them home.

4th spot will go to which team shits the bed the least. Arsenal have lost 3 on the bounce, Spurs go from very good to poor and United are United. Whilst it sounds obvious, it either of the above can win 2 or 3 in a row it will probably see them home.
0.4% chance of failing to hit Europa League is the more pleasing part. That conference league crap can go to hell. Was utter crap to play in, and with Marseille and Feyenoord guaranteed to fill one finals spot it doesn't even fulfil its perceived purpose of giving minnows from lesser nations a chance.

0.4% chance of failing to hit Europa League is the more pleasing part. That conference league crap can go to hell. Was utter crap to play in, and with Marseille and Feyenoord guaranteed to fill one finals spot it doesn't even fulfil its perceived purpose of giving minnows from lesser nations a chance.
I personally have loved the Conference League. But then it's more designed for my club than yours. Having European nights is fantastic.

We got Roma in the semi's, it's great being able to play quality sides we ordinarily wouldn't get to!

I personally have loved the Conference League. But then it's more designed for my club than yours. Having European nights is fantastic.

We got Roma in the semi's, it's great being able to play quality sides we ordinarily wouldn't get to!
This isn’t a dig at Leicester but it shouldn’t really be for a club like yours either. Based on size and historical European participation you’re right but not based on nationality.

English, Spanish and German teams seem to win the overwhelming majority of European titles of late. Creating another division for these nations to dominate isn’t really in line with why they brought it in. 3 of the 4 clubs left have long rich history’s of European Competition.

That a European Cup winner could be winning the inaugural trophy (50% chance), and that there is 2/4 teams left dropping from the Europa League sees the same problems persist.

This isn’t a dig at your club per se, more the system. Why should you be allowed to possibly win a European trophy this season when you’ve already failed in Europe this campaign?

This isn’t a dig at Leicester but it shouldn’t really be for a club like yours either. Based on size and historical European participation you’re right but not based on nationality.

English, Spanish and German teams seem to win the overwhelming majority of European titles of late. Creating another division for these nations to dominate isn’t really in line with why they brought it in. 3 of the 4 clubs left have long rich history’s of European Competition.

That a European Cup winner could be winning the inaugural trophy (50% chance), and that there is 2/4 teams left dropping from the Europa League sees the same problems persist.

This isn’t a dig at your club per se, more the system. Why should you be allowed to possibly win a European trophy this season when you’ve already failed in Europe this campaign?
That's a completely fair point. 100% on board with being out once eliminated.

I do think you still need English/Spanish and German teams in that comp though. It would lose a whole lot of interest otherwise. It's still great for smaller clubs to get the opportunity to play some of the 'bigger' clubs from those countries. That side that beat Roma at home in the last round? Absolutely awesome for them!

Conference league can go to hell. Did you just agree with me for the first time? Albeit 7 months after I said it

Remove this Banner Ad

Back