Unsolved The vanishing of businesswoman Melissa Caddick - NSW

Remove this Banner Ad

The podcast is quite good, if anybody is interested there's a voicemail message in there that Melissa left for someone she was about to fleece for millions. I might be affected in knowing what she did but even taking that into consideration, the voicemail I think would have turned me off. She sounds like a con. 6:22.

She destroyed a lot of lives.

The money trail report will be interesting.
Here is a Fed Court document from June 2021:

The podcast took notice of Anthony kolletti saying weird stuff. he was about to say Melissa "was" but backtracked having realized he almost said it.
looking forward to the next episodes...

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I also think Melissa was far too vain to disfigure herself.

However in the unlikely scenario that she was to remove an appendage, I don't believe it would be a foot. Aside from the whole stopping the blood thing, it makes it very hard to move around with a foot missing. She's gonna be stuck in one place for awhile.

And aside from all that, this was a woman obsessed with shoes who loved to run. She ain't chopping off her own foot.

Personally, I think she is - or at least was for some time after she went missing - alive.

It's strange that the foot washed up in that location where she used to holiday as a child - I think it was meant as a message of some sort. I think it was planted there to be found at that exact time. If my memory serves me correct, it was around that time that talk of the made-for-TV series was gaining traction.

The emergence of the body found at Bronte Beach could be Melissa - initial reports were that it was thought she was in her 20s or 30s, but how would they really know? If it is her, the timing is VERY coincidental indeed (being a few weeks after the made-for-TV series aired).

I do think there was a crime figure or two that cottoned on to what she was doing and wanted in. They were happy to go along for the ride until news hit that she was under investigation ... at which point they got her out of there "for her own good" (probably left in the back of a car boot), got their money back, kept her alive for a while in an effort to get as much (of other clients') money out of her, then killed her.

That missing artwork will turn up at some charity shop in a few years' time ... mark my words.

I also think Melissa was far too vain to disfigure herself.

However in the unlikely scenario that she was to remove an appendage, I don't believe it would be a foot. Aside from the whole stopping the blood thing, it makes it very hard to move around with a foot missing. She's gonna be stuck in one place for awhile.

And aside from all that, this was a woman obsessed with shoes who loved to run. She ain't chopping off her own foot.

Not when you could pay to disappear without cutting off your foot.

I don't discount that she could of have been murdered
Could have arranged to meet someone on the pretext of going for an early morning jog and they stuffed her in the boot of a car and...

Or she just thought "the jig's up, I'm not going to jail", ran to the cliffs and kept running.

She would have taken her phone and front door key if the former. She took nothing.

I think leaving the phone behind was deliberate ... everyone would be thinking "Oh, she'd never leave her phone and keys behind if she had taken off, so the only explanation is she must have jumped ..." (along with, "But she'd never walk out on her son!").

She likely had other phones that nobody knows about - and she would have used those to contact whomever picked her up on the day she went missing (strange that no neighbourhood cameras detected her movements).

I have unfortunately known a few narcissists in my time and ultimately they only ever care about themselves. She never planned to come back for her son and/or Anthony at any stage ... as soon as she realised she'd been caught, she switched to survival mode for herself only.

The suggestion of the "George" character in the made-for-TV series probably isn't too far off what really happened. The little house in the woods - with just the essentials to hide out for a while - probably isn't too far off either.

I was wondering the same thing after seeing the ad after the Nicola Gobbo special last night.

I’d love to see an underbelly on the Pettingill family- a real bunch of psycho hard nuts. Kath was the mother of the Allen’s and Victor Pierce.
Animal Kingdom was well done.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've sometimes gone for a walk without my phone or keys but not often.

I think it's possible she was murdered but more likely she suicided.

The fact her foot washed up on a beach from her childhood doesn't stand (?!) out to me. She grew up in NSW and undoubtedly went to lots of beaches in her lifetime. If her foot turned up on her childhood beach in WA I'd be questioning it.

Also if you wanted people to think you were dead that you went to the trouble of hacking off your foot, then why place it on your childhood beach?

I worked in finance for years and it infuriates me that she got away with it for so long but also doesn't surprise me.

There are so many regulations and compliance requirements on companies that can be burdensome and expensive but it seems individuals - particularly accountants - fly under the radar.

I do feel a very tiny bit sorry for him ...

How's he meant to make money with his trade (hairdressing) when most people would loathe him for his connection to Melissa (and probably wonder how much he knew)? He might get the odd booking from rubberneckers hoping to squeeze information out of him.

I don't think he'd be in much demand on the DJing circuit either. Maybe the odd corporate booking by someone who wants to make fun of the situation he now finds himself in.

How about a tell-all? Done and done ... there's nothing new there.

So what's he meant to do?

Well Anthony (and we know he reads here), I would suggest you get off your bum and go and apply for a job stocking shelves at the supermarket, or cleaning - earn enough to live on, and get used to the fact that there won't be much left over for luxuries. Send your stepson to live with his dad (and pay for his keep), and get yourself a spot in a shared house / go flatting (whatever it's called in Australia).

I do feel a very tiny bit sorry for him ...

How's he meant to make money with his trade (hairdressing) when most people would loathe him for his connection to Melissa (and probably wonder how much he knew)? He might get the odd booking from rubberneckers hoping to squeeze information out of him.

I don't think he'd be in much demand on the DJing circuit either. Maybe the odd corporate booking by someone who wants to make fun of the situation he now finds himself in.

How about a tell-all? Done and done ... there's nothing new there.

So what's he meant to do?

Well Anthony (and we know he reads here), I would suggest you get off your bum and go and apply for a job stocking shelves at the supermarket, or cleaning - earn enough to live on, and get used to the fact that there won't be much left over for luxuries. Send your stepson to live with his dad (and pay for his keep), and get yourself a spot in a shared house / go flatting (whatever it's called in Australia).
How many people would genuinely recognise him at a hairdressers? I probably wouldn't and I have actually followed the case.

How many people would genuinely recognise him at a hairdressers? I probably wouldn't and I have actually followed the case.

Exactly. I follow the case and I'm not confident I'd recognise him. Every second male hair dresser is Tony/Anthony.

And even if I did know who he was if he cut good hair I couldn't careless.

Otherwise do what's been suggested: uber driver, supermarket, hospitality

I know that the new podcast is revealing a lot of previously unknown information, but I get the feeling that there have been some developments recently ... mostly because of all the new articles about her.

Maybe, just maybe, her conscience has got the better of her and she's been in touch with her folks, offering them a better life somewhere? I'm sure everyone to whom she was connected has their phones bugged, but you never know ... it'd be easy enough for her to set up a fake SM profile with a few clues and send them a friend request (assuming they had social media).

I know that the new podcast is revealing a lot of previously unknown information, but I get the feeling that there have been some developments recently ... mostly because of all the new articles about her.

Maybe, just maybe, her conscience has got the better of her and she's been in touch with her folks, offering them a better life somewhere? I'm sure everyone to whom she was connected has their phones bugged, but you never know ... it'd be easy enough for her to set up a fake SM profile with a few clues and send them a friend request (assuming they had social media).

Nah she's dead.

There's more articles about her because they are promoting the podcast and because her story gets the clicks.

No chance she is alive..
this talk about her having surgery on the foot is the stupidest thing I have ever heard.

you would think this woman does not have the criminal network mokbel did which would make it easier to get herself out of the country and exist off the record.

by all reports this woman was running a very unsophisticated scheme that was simply photo shopping commsec statements - she was even telling people which companies she had invested their money in.

i suspect she was not clever enough to plan her exit when this inevitably blew up - and covid made a simple run strategy even more difficult.

my strong suspicion is she will turn up dead rather than living it up in the bahamas with her clients’ money.

surprised this worked for as long as it did. but i suppose smsf is a perfect ground for scammers.
Surely they can asses the sneakered foot and decide how it was removed from her leg? i mean we can put a rocket into space and land a capsule on the Moon and we can't tell how she came to have a missing foot?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back