Discussion State League Guernseys

Remove this Banner Ad

890FD729-7E28-4FA7-A90E-CAB41B50C1E8.jpeg
Cats VFL side wore this pretty hideous clash jumper against Southport tonight. Hopefully not a design that ever gets a run in the AFL. It does look like they’re actually just wearing a training jumper - which is pretty disappointing in itself. No attempt to cover the AFL logo with a VFL logo which i know isn’t a big deal but to me comes across pretty amateurish and disrespectful to the vfl as a competition

View attachment 1373114
Cats VFL side wore this pretty hideous clash jumper against Southport tonight. Hopefully not a design that ever gets a run in the AFL. It does look like they’re actually just wearing a training jumper - which is pretty disappointing in itself. No attempt to cover the AFL logo with a VFL logo which i know isn’t a big deal but to me comes across pretty amateurish and disrespectful to the vfl as a competition
Makes you wonder if they forgot to take the VFL kits up and used training kits instead since its the AFL teams training jumper.
trainingguernsey1__98705.1641422805.jpg

That said, do Geelong VFL even have anything that would work as a clash? Southport wore this:
K85_3067DN-1-300x300.jpg

Geelongs only VFL kit as far as I am aware is the hoops. No alternative.

Last edited:
Makes you wonder if they forgot to take the VFL kits up and used training kits instead since its the AFL teams training jumper.

That said, do Geelong VFL even have anything that would work as a clash? Southport wore this:
K85_3067DN-1-300x300.jpg

Southport don't have a clash kit too

K85_3067DN-1-300x300.jpg

In saying that, Southport has one of the best kits

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I really like Southports jumper and wish Gold Coast had stolen the design and changed the colours.

But then by wanting a more prominent blue in their jumper it looks more like Port than Southport.
6d6krc.jpg
yellow Chevron with blue stroke. boom

I thought about that too, but I swapped the yellow and blue around so its all good :tearsofjoy:

Alternatively I liked the idea of a team having a jumper in the AFL with 2 stripes that run down the middle as I can't seem to remember any team in the AFL doing that.
6dfskf.jpg

Then they have the option for matches that clash to have the colours swapped i.e predominantly blue with a red and yellow stripe V Sydney.

Probably never needed one
Not until they entered the QAFL in 1983 when they clashed with Sherwood, now known as Western Magpies.

Came down to a toss of the coin, Southport lost, so they adopted the black chevron design. The pic above shows a heritage jumper they wore in the old GCAFL, now AFLQ South East QLD division I think.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back