The off topic thread 5.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh that's interesting. I've always wondered about that with the Paralympics. I guess it won't ever be completely fair as every competitor's disability is at a different level.

I am curious though, isn't the category just wheelchair tennis? I wouldn't have thought you'd need to have a certain level of disability to play.

No it's quad, you're meant to not have mobility in your arms either but he does.

There you go, never knew that.

How on earth has that been missed his whole career? That's crazy!

He had an arm injury that meant he qualified on a technicality but I think he ended up with a lot more movement than the others. So he's basically taken advantage of the field to win a bunch of trophies then quit when they were about to tighten up the rules.

He had an arm injury that meant he qualified on a technicality but I think he ended up with a lot more movement than the others. So he's basically taken advantage of the field to win a bunch of trophies then quit when they were about to tighten up the rules.
That's all fairly dodgy haha. Not his fault I guess but I don't know how you feel good about beating opponents when you have a clear physical advantage like that.

How can you not have mobility in your arms and swing a tennis racquet? Im confused.

Think they tie the rackets to their arm or something. I think it's something about the way they grip the racket rather than not being able to move your arm. I probably worded it poorly.

Looking into it it's three out of the four limbs are damaged so I guess they use the fourth?

Also, high recommend Anatomy of a Scandal on Netflix. Excellent political courtroom thriller/drama. Outstanding.
Absolutely s**t show. Watched the entire thing, it's a cluster* of random scenes and weird camera angles, as well as being poorly written. No surprise it's done by the creator of Ally McBeal.

Absolutely s**t show. Watched the entire thing, it's a clusterfu** of random scenes and weird camera angles, as well as being poorly written. No surprise it's done by the creator of Ally McBeal.
Fair enough.

I am enjoying it a lot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ve been re-watching “Justified” recently. A bit slow in the beginning but from what I remember it gets incredible fast.

I remember some on here have watched it from the last time I watched it, which was 3-4 years ago.
I watched it recently, loved it.

I also think Cobb Vanth needs his own spin off, Justified Tatooine style.

I watched it recently, loved it.

It’s starting to pick up on my re-watch. I think that Season 3 and later was the best seasons.

Walton Goggins is amazing, in whatever he’s in tbh.

I also think Cobb Vanth needs his own spin off, Justified Tatooine style.

I had to do some Googling. Never seen The Mandalorian. Tim Olyphant is fantastic in anything he’s in, so can imagine he’s fantastic in that too.

theres also this to look forward too RPCB

Holy crap. Great time to do a re-watch then.

Wow. That’s amazing if true.

Last edited:
Mrs moomba hired out a canal boat as a birthday gift last month. Its on today, and we're just finishing up a pub lunch before heading back.

Thoroughly recommend it for anyone over here, great way to see the English countryside.

Mrs moomba hired out a canal boat as a birthday gift last month. Its on today, and we're just finishing up a pub lunch before heading back.

Thoroughly recommend it for anyone over here, great way to see the English countryside.
You need good weather for it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back