Player Watch Josh Rachele - Re-Signed to End of 2029

Remove this Banner Ad

Think he’s done the opposite

He’s shown the value of high draft picks

Yeah.

This logic has never made sense. "The best player doesnt always go one"- yes, but they were always available. Your job is to pick the best one.

Rachele has also shown just how terrible our drafting has been. Imagine if we had 3 or 4 other guys of his calibre running around in our side right now.
We only had picks <= 6 on 2 other occasions and we selected Thilthorpe and McAsey so our success rate is 66%. Not bad compared to other teams. Look at Port Power with Harlett at 4, Boak at 5 and Wingard at 6 so the same 66% success rate but arguably it's 33%.

I just posted you the facts to back my opinion. How are we 25-50% when we only had 3 picks<=6?????
I was talking about the players as compared to Rachelle, ie McHenry only has about 25% of Rachelles ability and that’s being generous. I can’t help it if your basic knowledge can’t keep up

Damo's take...seems the media are taking note of just how talented this kid is

IF ...​

Ben Hart was 17 at the start of his debut season in 1992 and made that season's All-Australian team (and then equally extraordinarily retained his position the following season) ...

THEN ...​

why can't another Crow crack it in a debut AFL season? Josh Rachele making all the right moves right now.

Damo's take...seems the media are taking note of just how talented this kid is

IF ...​

Ben Hart was 17 at the start of his debut season in 1992 and made that season's All-Australian team (and then equally extraordinarily retained his position the following season) ...

THEN ...​

why can't another Crow crack it in a debut AFL season? Josh Rachele making all the right moves right now.
Imagine if he played for a Vic club, he would have a statue at the MCG already

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's almost underrated how good he's been. Check him out compared to the debut season from Rozee that had us all shitting ourselves that they'd found a gem.

I think when it comes down to it, why I love Rachele isn’t just the goal kicking talents. It’s more the fact I get excited whenever he gets near the ball. He’s one of those special players where he often makes thing happen to the team’s advantage - footy smarts - a la D. Jarman and Betts. The kind of presence that brings crowds to footy games.

He looks like one of those rare players who just has time to chose best option, like the game is in slow motion around him. Super exciting talent
Time to choose and skills to execute. Those passes to Gollant and Tex in the last couple of weeks have me more excited than his forward 50 work.

Today proves he’s only human 😞
Missed a set shot directly in front when the breeze got hold of it, didn't take the shot on the run when inside 50, dropped a chest mark very close to goal, hit the post with a 45m set shot on the boundary with a tricky breeze and took mark 35m in front of goal when the umpire called a push out by another player which wasn't even there. Not a quiet game as most thought.

Missed a set shot directly in front when the breeze got hold of it, didn't take the shot on the run when inside 50, dropped a chest mark very close to goal, hit the post with a 45m set shot on the boundary with a tricky breeze and took mark 35m in front of goal when the umpire called a push out by another player which wasn't even there. Not a quiet game as most thought.
Could've had 3 or 4 easily. Dropped a soda from a pass from Cook.

Seems to be dropping his head in game the last couple of weeks. Not a dig at him, I'm sure it's just that he wants to snag another big haul of goals (or even just a couple) but I really hope he is ok above the shoulders. Someone get the word to the Texan to feed him a few.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back