Roast St Kilda in no mans land

Atomboy

Premiership Player
Jan 22, 2007
Yes
AFL Club
St Kilda
Saints in the worst position not rebuilding or challenging arguably furthest position away from a flag

Their youth is max king and Clark cupboard is bare they struggle to develop their own so they overpay to get others like hill 900k and Hannebery on 700k

They topped up with Frawley and Ryder etc

Where to from here?

Is it called “No Man’s Land” because there is nobody else around when you are second on the ladder ?.

I like this “No Man’s Land” business.

Aug 25, 2005
Grogansville
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Getting back hopefully Ryder, Jones, Clark and Billings in the next 2-3 weeks ought to help considerably. They’ve played 2 of a possible 24 games for us this year.

Given how competitive we’ve generally been against the good teams in the last two seasons, I’m not concerned about not being able to beat anyone that isn’t called Melbourne, and I’m also very much looking forward to seeing how we go against them.

Especially as we seem to love playing at the MCG these days.
Who goes out for those guys though?

And how will that impact their current cohesion and On-Field culture?

Ryder is an easy one. Straight in.

Wood although not statistically impacting the game - he's having pretty significant impact defensively and physically. But if say, Billings was to replace him, how much physicality and pressure would be lost?

Wanganeen-Milera could/should step aside for Jones or Billings, but it'd be a hard sell to drop anyone. Particularly since their method of winning seems to be system, effort and intensity related, not skill.

I can't see Hunter Clark walking back in.

GeTrain

Team Captain
Aug 22, 2019
AFL Club
St Kilda
Wh

Ryder is an easy one.

Wood although not statistically impacting the game - but if say, Billings was to replace him, how much physicality and pressure would be lost?

Wanganeen-Milera could/should step aside for Jones or Billings, but it'd be a hard sell to drop anyone. Particularly since their method of winning seems to system, effort and intensity related, not skill.

Ryder coming in and then Jones for Windhager.

When it comes to the others, I have no idea.

Rickee

All Australian
May 23, 2016
Horsham, Victoria
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Port Melbourne; Kalkee; Horsham Demons
Not fast enough sadly. I think the Sainters will be calling Tassie home by 2025.
No. You should be more aware than anyone that a move like thsi would require AFL approval, State Government approval (not going to happen, AFL Tasmania want their own team, not a relocated Melbourne side), and agreement from St Kilda FC (given the money poured into Moorabbin alone, this isn't happening) and a majority member vote (never happening in a million years).

We're here to stay, whether you like it or not.

Atomboy

Premiership Player
Jan 22, 2007
Yes
AFL Club
St Kilda

Wood although not statistically impacting the game - he's having pretty significant impact defensively and physically. But if say, Billings was to replace him, how much physicality and pressure would be lost?

Wanganeen-Milera could/should step aside for Jones or Billings, but it'd be a hard sell to drop anyone. Particularly since their method of winning seems to be system, effort and intensity related, not skill.

God I hope we don’t drop WangaMill, he is absolute class.

Prefer him to Billings at the moment quite honestly.

No. You should be more aware than anyone that a move like thsi would require AFL approval, State Government approval (not going to happen, AFL Tasmania want their own team, not a relocated Melbourne side), and agreement from St Kilda FC (given the money poured into Moorabbin alone, this isn't happening) and a majority member vote (never happening in a million years).

We're here to stay, whether you like it or not.

Oh well, I guess some club has to be the perennial in no mans land.

I see the Saints have won five in a row. First time in eleven years. Yippee!

Jan 14, 2012
The River Murray
AFL Club
St Kilda

Clark will likely have a game or 2 in the VFL to get his fitness up but will 100% walk back into that side

Always hard to find someone to drop when you are winning but we aren't going to end up 21-1 unfortunately

NWM and Windhager have shown plenty for 2 18 year old kids but will likely struggle to keep their spot all year

Billings for Wood is a no brainer

Long has surprised everyone. Looked like nothing more than a fringe player but has stepped up this year.

You're trying too hard

Your Club is void of value. I am not talking about absence of flags. I am not talking about the many good individuals who have passed through and generally been damaged by the StKilda experience. I am talking about the rotten to the core culture that has cursed this Club.

The sooner it is eviscerated the better.

Romeoh1

Premiership Player
Apr 27, 2021
AFL Club
Geelong
Your Club is void of value. I am not talking about absence of flags. I am not talking about the many good individuals who have passed through and generally been damaged by the StKilda experience. I am talking about the rotten to the core culture that has cursed this Club.

The sooner it is eviscerated the better.
Lol- give it a spell.

g_TRAIN

Near a spoon
Jun 15, 2006
Sydney
AFL Club
St Kilda
I am serious.

I assume he will get better as he gets more experience and start hitting targets. But right now, there is absolutely zero way he is in the team for his foot disposal. Zero chance.

He is, he has stuffed a few kicks under pressure but he's also made some jaw-dropping passes in the last few games.

A few have been on saints' Instagram and Facebook highlights. Dermott Brereton was praising a number of his kicks the week before against Gold Coast.

If you have been watching selectively then I can understand your comment. Certainly last night he was untidy.

Is it called “No Man’s Land” because there is nobody else around when you are second on the ladder ?.

I like this “No Man’s Land” business.

How is there nobody else around?

Veer Right

Premium Platinum
May 11, 2019
AFL Club
St Kilda
Particularly since their method of winning seems to be system, effort and intensity related, not skill.

The ####? Mate that is Gold Coast to a tee. You have bare cupboard of stars and rely on extreme effort EVERY week to win games.

We have a number of guys who can turn a game. You have Miller.

/end

May 27, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
The ####? Mate that is Gold Coast to a tee. You have bare cupboard of stars and rely on extreme effort EVERY week to win games.

We have a number of guys who can turn a game. You have Miller.

/end

He doesn't support Gold Coast. If he did, he'd have seen those lovely NWM kicks last week and wouldn't be potting a player he's barely watched.

Back