Traded Griffin Logue [Traded with Darcy Tucker, F3 to North for F2 PP, F3 PP and F4]

Out of contract this year, Griffin Logue is attracting interest from a few Victorian Clubs

Freoboy in Melbs

Team Captain
Apr 7, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Reckon the only way Logue would be going anywhere is if he gets pushed out of best 22, and has limited opportunity at Freo for the long term.

But I dont think that will happen. He's just had a couple of weeks off and Logue knows what he has to do to break back in permanently. I think he's got some 'x' and he'll be up for the challenge.

I reckon he stays.

Reckon the only way Logue would be going anywhere is if he gets pushed out of best 22, and has limited opportunity at Freo for the long term.

But I dont think that will happen. He's just had a couple of weeks off and Logue knows what he has to do to break back in permanently. I think he's got some 'x' and he'll be up for the challenge.

I reckon he stays.
WA boy which always means it's that tiny bit harder to get him out of one of the WA clubs.
There's a bit of chatter about Freo having a surplus of tall backmen, we definitely need one and at a guess Hamling would be more gettable for us.

WA boy which always means it's that tiny bit harder to get him out of one of the WA clubs.
There's a bit of chatter about Freo having a surplus of tall backmen, we definitely need one and at a guess Hamling would be more gettable for us.
I'll be very interested to see what Hamling does in this offseason.

We have a weird situation where we have KPD depth, but the lot of them always seem to be injured so we'd obviously love to keep Hamling and Logue if we can but couldnt begrudge Hamling in particular if he wanted to leave.

I think Logue we'd stump up whats required to keep because we couldnt afford to lose him at his age.

Think he'll sign a 2 year contract and see what his playing time looks like at the end of that

Virgin Dog

Cancelled
Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

I reckon he stays.
Assuming Pearce and Cox are your mainstays, and with Chapman and Young improving by the week, is there room for Logue in a fully fit team? I know there's always going to be that concern for Pearce's fitness, but I can see why Logue wouldn't be satisfied with being injury cover

Assuming Pearce and Cox are your mainstays, and with Chapman and Young improving by the week, is there room for Logue in a fully fit team? I know there's always going to be that concern for Pearce's fitness, but I can see why Logue wouldn't be satisfied with being injury cover

Depends if they play others up the field if they put chapman and young (or chapman and clark) as the two wingers then they have room for logue or hamling in the back 6 but yeah they cant fit them all in the back 6.

s_wd6

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 27, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
Earlier in the year we were playing 3 talls down back and logue was a lock. After the stk loss they decided it was too top heavy and replaced logue with walker. JL seems pretty content on keeping that 2 talls structure so unless there's injuries to Pearce and Cox I don't see him coming back in. Cox and pearce have a history of injury, so I'd prefer re-signing him for when one of the two inevitably gets injured.

Logue has a couple options at this point. He can either:
a. Sign with another club where he's gauranteed a walk up start or,
b. Work on becoming a more versatile defender so that he can play on smalls and provide the transition from half back, while staying at home surrounded by friends and family.

Last edited:
Reading this thread it's apparent that it's a good time to be an OOC key defender. Half the clubs in the league need them.
Aiden Corr got $600k and he's "ok"
KPDs are the new ruckmen.

Gussman

All Australian
Oct 14, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
I know he's often talked about as a key defender but he's really more of a medium defender. Plays his best when playing as a third tall on medium/small forwards or resting mids. Play's his worst when put on a 200cm+ key forward. If you have KPD issues he probably won't solve it. Kinda like how McCarthy was technically a Key Forward, but wasn't really. Hamling would be better suited and probably cost less.

Sep 9, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Cox should not be considered a mainstay, he’s more a decent depth option.

Young isn’t a key defender.

Virgin Dog

Cancelled
Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

Cox has been really good so far this year, to the point he's been selected ahead of Logue and Hamling.

I know Young isn't a key defender, but he's a medium and provides drive out of defence with his unmatched kicking ability. He's another player who could arguably keep Logue out of the side given his attributes

Jul 26, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast

Until the hard surface at Optus is sorted there are no 'mainstay' kp backs or forwards. Just look at how many games the talls play each year and how many weeks they are rehabing from ankle and leg injuries.

Wont be surprised if players took elsewhere just to play on a decent surface that isnt ruining their careers.

Freo should cash in provided Pearce and Ryan stay fit. You have a guy in year 6 at this level who plays well when he's in the team but has been dropped twice because there's so much depth. Could turn him into a top 15 pick which in turn helps you lure Jackson or Brayshaw or a good key forward.

Dockeroo

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 1, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Freo should cash in provided Pearce and Ryan stay fit. You have a guy in year 6 at this level who plays well when he's in the team but has been dropped twice because there's so much depth. Could turn him into a top 15 pick which in turn helps you lure Jackson or Brayshaw or a good key forward.
Maybe jackson but we won’t be paying any draft capital for Brayshaw as he’s a FA

Jun 19, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Logue is a third tall at his best? He seems to play small for his height where a Josh Battle type plays taller?

Back