Best on ground

Remove this Banner Ad

100%. To me this screams footy show replacement, which means it should go Thursday night at 8.30pm or 9.30pm. Have guest players on. edit: HugeJohnson your suggestions for cast members are spot on.

Would love if Fox put on a proper 1-2 hour preview show from 7.30pm to 8.30/9.30pm on Thursday nights too, going through each game in depth about tactics and strategies.

Yeah, they are good suggestions. Dyl Buckley is reasonably funny and good when he isn't doing the haha I sucked at footy thing.

Kill it now Fox.
They couldn't have picked a cast of more self interested flogs if they tried.
We just want to watch the post game on a saturday night.
eagles have a gritty win over pies
kangas nearly topple swans
tigers maul inaccurate dogs

and we get

brown sculling milk
nickR pretending he's jealous
kate fluttering her eyelids
howie banging on about robbo's boring band of musos
bucks trying to look relaxed but coming accross as a bad pr0n actor from the 80s

Starting a lighthearted post footy comedy banter program, who should we get?

I know, how about the two least funny footballers, the least funny ex coach and a try hard unfunny radio broadcaster? Throw in a decent host and she can destroy any memory of the good work she did on Saturday Stretch.

Great idea.

Saturday Stretch was fine. I would have replaced Bounce with a Sunday Stretch.

No need for this light entertainment / forced comedy crap with a studio audience, when they should be doing a proper analysis and recap of the day's matches - obviously with a naturally relaxed feel like Saturday Stretch, which is fine.

Watching Bucks try to do a segment is horrific.

Howie is absolutely on coke. Has he managed to get anything of fact out?

Browny trying to deliver a speech is awful. He is a situational comedian and best suited to radio.

Riewoldt is just that guy that annoys the * out of you.

Oh and they have a band. With a former footy player in it. But why is it still there after the first night?

Who told Russell Robertson that he could sing? He’s actually horrible.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have a theory.
The tighter the shirts on the presenters (male only) then the worse the show will be.
The Bounce for me has some funny stuff from time to time but only from the cast without the shirts so tight that if a button was to come Undone then it would remove someone’s eye- see Bernie Vince.
Unfortunately Best on ground has three flogs with the tightest shirts in tv history.

We've had five games of football today, including two that have just concluded, and they're talking about footy from the 90s, along with a whole heap of other random rubbish, generally involving forced humour and playing up to the crowd.

Makes me realise how much I enjoyed Saturday Stretch.

Nathan Buckley is wasted on this program.

The Bogan factor in this show stems from that dreadful band.

Brown doesn’t help....but I mean seriously...that intro song is a banal as cream toilet paper....and the deficit of songwriting talent is magnified by the..’Yokel Vocals’...Breretons appearance actually IMPROVED the standard!

And I AM qualified to judge...I sang and played guitar in an Adelaide band inthe early 80s ....we supported the Clash, Flowers, Church, Sunnyboys, Divinyls and others.

You don’t got those gigs playing other peoples songs.;)

The Bogan factor in this show stems from that dreadful band.

Brown doesn’t help....but I mean seriously...that intro song is a banal as cream toilet paper....and the deficit of songwriting talent is magnified by the..’Yokel Vocals’...Breretons appearance actually IMPROVED the standard!

And I AM qualified to judge...I sang and played guitar in an Adelaide band inthe early 80s ....we supported the Clash, Flowers, Church, Sunnyboys, Divinyls and others.

You don’t got those gigs playing other peoples songs.;)

The Dagoes, The Lizard Train, Primevils?

The biggest issue with this show is the timeslot. It's wasted on a Saturday night. Would be better suited to a Thursday Night.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back