Kickstarters!

Remove this Banner Ad

I have quite a few coming this year (hopefully) so have been staying off KS and Gamefound over the holidays. Here's my list incoming:

1. Dog Park - wife wanted this, looks like PARKS
  2. Super Truffle Pigs - programming mechanic caught my eye
  3. Fighters of the Pacific - PvP aerial combat, scenario based, looked interesting.
  4. Transmissions - not too far away apparently, family weight game.
  5. Marvel United Xmen - way too many boxes but I love the game and need all the characters.
  6. Long Shot - roll and write horse racing, I think we'll all enjoy this. Grew up across from the racecourse and worked there during Cup Carnivals.
  7. Wutaki - excited for this worker placement game, could be a dud, dunno.
  8. Meeples and Monsters - AEG don't make bad games IMO. Can't wait.
  9. Tiny Turbo Cars - delayed. wife wanted this for the slide puzzle control.
  10. Mob - 2P pandemic purchase, delayed. Looks OK.
  11. Duffers - deck builder, keen. golf theme.
  12. Dungeon Fighter - Dice/fantasy party game. Odd production updates, delayed.
  13. After the Empire - tower defines, my favourite style of computer game in a worker placement puzzle system.
  14. Don’t Go In There - light Halloween themed game
  15. Phantom expansion - am a Phan.
  16. StarFighter: rapid fire - RTS Dice chucker
  17. Kingdom Rush - favourite app as a board game. Got the sequel as I assume they'll iron out issues from Rift in Time
  18. Knights Tales - 2 years delayed. Not so excited anymore.

I need to see 10 games before I can get anything else I think.

I have quite a few coming this year (hopefully) so have been staying off KS and Gamefound over the holidays. Here's my list incoming:

1. Dog Park - wife wanted this, looks like PARKS
  2. Super Truffle Pigs - programming mechanic caught my eye
  3. Fighters of the Pacific - PvP aerial combat, scenario based, looked interesting.
  4. Transmissions - not too far away apparently, family weight game.
  5. Marvel United Xmen - way too many boxes but I love the game and need all the characters.
  6. Long Shot - roll and write horse racing, I think we'll all enjoy this. Grew up across from the racecourse and worked there during Cup Carnivals.
  7. Wutaki - excited for this worker placement game, could be a dud, dunno.
  8. Meeples and Monsters - AEG don't make bad games IMO. Can't wait.
  9. Tiny Turbo Cars - delayed. wife wanted this for the slide puzzle control.
  10. Mob - 2P pandemic purchase, delayed. Looks OK.
  11. Duffers - deck builder, keen. golf theme.
  12. Dungeon Fighter - Dice/fantasy party game. Odd production updates, delayed.
  13. After the Empire - tower defines, my favourite style of computer game in a worker placement puzzle system.
  14. Don’t Go In There - light Halloween themed game
  15. Phantom expansion - am a Phan.
  16. StarFighter: rapid fire - RTS Dice chucker
  17. Kingdom Rush - favourite app as a board game. Got the sequel as I assume they'll iron out issues from Rift in Time
  18. Knights Tales - 2 years delayed. Not so excited anymore.

I need to see 10 games before I can get anything else I think.
Wife and mine list of games on Kickstarter and Gamefound that are active. Some just expansions.

Due in 2022 (I'm sure some will slip to 2023).

1. Gates of Gold and Keeper of Keys expansions for Viscounts of the West Kingdom
2. Spirits of the Forest base game and Moonlight expansion
3. The Shivers - Pop up book board game
4. Monsters on Board - Monster themed dice drafting game
5. Creature Comforts - Worker placement with cute critters
6. Mosaic - A story of Civilization - Civ game (shocking!)
7. The Isle of Cats - Don't forget the Kittens (all the expansions except 1 already have)
8. Villagers - Base game plus new Shifting Seasons expansion
9. Distilled - Run your brewery
10. Works of Wonder - Architects of the West Kingdom expansion
11. Garden Wars
12. Soul Raiders - Dungeon crawler
13. Skeptics - Paranormal investigation game
14. The Witcher: Old World - Set long before the books / games - pick your Witcher school. All in, including Kickstarter exclusive Ciri expansion.
15. My Father's Work - Be a mad scientist trying to do your experiments, whilst avoiding suspicion.
16. Newleaf and Mistwood expansions for Everdell, plus Collectors box.
17. Castles of Mad King Ludwig collectors edition - Updated version of the game, with all expansions and colossus version as well.
18. Spectre and Vox - 3d haunted escape house - large model one to explore, with app - One I'm most looking forward to
19. The Librarians : Adventure Card game - Card/deck game based on the TV show / movies
20. Frostpunk : The board game. It's in the name, board game of the Frostpunk video game. The 3d models of generator and buildings for your settlement got me in.
21. The Thing - The board game. Base game and expansion. Based on the awesome John Carpenter movie.
22. They Live : Assault on Cable 54. Continuing the John Carpenter theme. Based on the classic 80's They Live!
23. Frosthaven. Follow up to that small obscure and poorly rated game Gloomhaven. :drunk:
24. Return to Darktower. Loosely based on Dark Tower 80's electronic game. With modern electronics and app companion. Just awaiting them getting boats booked from China to anywhere, but US for it. Hopefully soon!
25. Dawn of Madness - Horror dungeon crawler / exploration game. Delayed significantly from Oct 2021 to supposedly Oct 2022. Won't surprise me if don't see until 2023.
26. Chronicles of Drunagor - Age of Darkness Apocalypse - Dungeon crawler (there's a theme with some of these :think: )

Due in 2023
Ancient Blood - The Order of Vampire Hunters

Last edited:

I see Marvel Zombies is making a zillion dollars... I really don't understand how people enjoy those games, they are so utterly bereft of fun mechanics.

I see Marvel Zombies is making a zillion dollars... I really don't understand how people enjoy those games, they are so utterly bereft of fun mechanics.
I have a couple of Zombicides, but yeah after a couple of games it's pretty samey.

I don't mind an occasional game of Zombicide (I've seasons 1 and 2, both picked up second hand though, as they weren't worth it for me at full price), but only occasionally. From knowing some friends of friends who play it almost exclusively, for some it's board game for those that don't play board games.

I think minis can often make people lose their minds on Kickstarter. Over 400 USD for a gateway game like Zombicide is utter madness to me, yet it has the highest amount of backers.

I think minis can often make people lose their minds on Kickstarter. Over 400 USD for a gateway game like Zombicide is utter madness to me, yet it has the highest amount of backers.
That's nuts. I've backed a couple of Kickstarters (that had mini's) at around that price, but that's big games with multiple expansions, with way more content, both in quantity and variability, then Marvel Zombies is offering.

A couple of recent ones.

Yucatan - Aztec type theme of taking your prisoners and sacrifice them to the gods to gain glory. Went all in, including getting Kemet Blood & Sand, as hadn't got that previously, along with the crossover between the two.

d19e8a17b5b641d977e267bf25e80c03_original.jpg

On Gamefound Calico, Verdant and Cascadia as a bundle of the three games. Cascadia and Calico out already, but this gave the option to get Kickstarter versions of all three. For Verdant that's a KS mini expansion included.

There's a new solo game called Wreckland Run from the dev of Warps Edge due to hit kickstarter in a week or so, with a reprint of WE also available.

I've been getting into solo games a lot more since the beginning of the pandemic so keen to see what they've come up with.

The latest two backed are one each for the youngest and eldest. For the youngest - Iron Forest. From the makers of Ice Cool. It's another flicking / dexterity one, but layering a bit more complex gameplay on top of it, as well as two levels.

c91589dd5c4871f0c71ae08263e2c45e_original.gif

For the eldest - Evolution: New World. Already has Climate Evolution and wanted this one. The eldest will likely want to move out with friend not long after 18, so needs a few more games before then.

Ooh, realised I forgot to update backed The Thing. A fan of the movie, so couldn't pass this up (there needs to be a new Escape from New York board game IMO. There was a TSR one done in 1981, but what a board game was then, compared to what they can do now is worlds apart).
Yes! An Escape from New York board game coming later this year. The name's Plissken!

d2706c99-4f9c-8256-3007-32c286f167d4.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think I'd need to see some gameplay of this, first time dev and a card based Captain Sonar feels like it'd miss most of the magic of that game.
Usually a red flag for me, but supporting a local design team so was prepared to risk it. I think the game will play well at 4 players and the experience will outshine the mechanics, which seem pretty straight forward in terms of programming and card play. The engagement between players, with some hidden programming seems to be the driving force.

I have a package arriving from Aetherworks this week, and I have no idea what it is. I checked their list of Kickstarters currently being shipped, and I don't recognise any of the names.
Could be MOB from TGG Games, I have a mystery delivery too. It is either that or Paint The Roses, surely.

I almost picked up a copy of Hellboy today for 90 dollars. Is the game any good?

I don't actually have the boardgame yet. I'm told it's good, and I backed the big expansion for it on KS, expected arrival in July/August. I should probably pick up the base game at some point hey :D

This is the full contents of the RPG

IMG_20220326_181718.jpg

I love Mignola's art

Another on Gamefound, but stretching it to here. Sleeping Gods : Distant Skies, a stand alone sequel to Sleeping Gods (not that we’ve started it yet).

View attachment 1379964

Very close to pledging for this to get the original as well. Then I watched a 'how to play' of the original and it seems way beyond my level at the moment, as much as it looks really cool. Might still get it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back