2023/2024 Gold Coast Draft & Trade periods

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would be asking the question about liam stocker and paddy dow

Hi peeps long time, long time.

I’m curious about that stack of second round picks you currently hold.

Hypothetically (cause none of us are a list manager or head of football) would you consider trading your 3 second round picks for our first round pick and future second round pick?

Hi peeps long time, long time.

I’m curious about that stack of second round picks you currently hold.

Hypothetically (cause none of us are a list manager or head of football) would you consider trading your 3 second round picks for our first round pick and future second round pick?
Probably depends on what points are needed for academy players? Not sure what the current rules are for matching.

Suspect this will be an ongoing issue, so trading for future picks could be an option.

Brisbane short on points for your f/s players this year?

Probably depends on what points are needed for academy players? Not sure what the current rules are for matching.

Suspect this will be an ongoing issue, so trading for future picks could be an option.

Just a tad.

They would like Ashcroft without going into deficit I’d suspect.

The problem with trading current assets for future asserts means that other clubs are maximising what they’ve got in their club house now, whilst we’re miniMising what we’ve got in our club house now.

Melbourne have mastered this by continually trading future assets for a current round 1 pick for the last few drafts.

We would be doing the opposite. Trading stuff in 2021 for 2nd round picks in 2022
Then trading picks in 2022 for picks in 2023.

Ie. Brodie + pick 19 in 2021 for a lions second round in 2023.. do we really want to play into this.

Continually kicking assets down the road means less current assets within the club.

One more strong midfielder and another good key defender and that would put us very close to finals IMO.
Been some talk Griffin Logue may look for opportunity elsewhere currently stuck behind Pearce, Cox, Ryan and Chapman at the Dockers. I rate him highly and I remember the Suns were linked heavily to him with pick 6 in the 2016 draft where they ended up selecting Scrimshaw.

Been some talk Griffin Logue may look for opportunity elsewhere currently stuck behind Pearce, Cox, Ryan and Chapman at the Dockers. I rate him highly and I remember the Suns were linked heavily to him with pick 6 in the 2016 draft where they ended up selecting Scrimshaw.
Good match up for curnow, Fritsch, heeney up forward who are going to be amongst the top teams over next few years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Angus Brayshaw would be another ideal target for you guys. If the Suns added Logue and one of Dunkley or Brayshaw I’d have you a red hot top 4 chance next year with the return of King and inclusion of Hollands and Andrew.

If only it was that easy, the only hard part is getting players to actually come

Do we have a list spot in mid season draft?
With uwland and king LTI you would think so?

Mitch O’Neill - former 2 time u18 AA.
Delisted from WCE a few years ago after injuries++

Playing SANFL and absolutely killing it
33 possessions (75% efficiency), 6 marks, 6 clearances, 5 tackles, 0.7 goals a game. (After 3 games)

From Rookie Me (draft central) in his draft year.

STRENGTHS:

Outside run
Balanced ball-winner
Skilful
Athleticism
Decision-making
Vision

IMPROVEMENTS:

Durability
Size/strength
Scoreboard Impact

Been injury affected career to date.
21 years old. Now 178cm, 76kg.
Could be a good add to our midfield depth. Skillfull. Vision. Decision making. All much needed.

Do we consider a play at degoey the exact type of player we need but with a lot of off field baggage?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Do we consider a play at degoey the exact type of player we need but with a lot of off field baggage?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Just imo, but if there is enough salary spare to offer De Goey a big deal, I'd rather the club go for either Dunkley or Gus Brayshaw over him.

Both are good players and seem to have the type of character you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back