Prediction 2022 Best 22 Teams and discussion

oldgoat

All Australian
May 22, 2017
fremantle
AFL Club
Fremantle
Really do believe the team below can play finals.

Young. Pearce. Ryan
Clark. Cox. Chapman
Freddy. Fyfe. Aish.
Walters. Lobb. Sturt
Switta Tabs. Shultz

Darcy. Brayshaw serong.

Walker Mundy Erasmus O Driscoll.

Treacy to swap with Sturt if he does not perform. Meek, Brodie and Colyer desperately unlucky. Walters hopefully to retain form..
They can, but...they wont all be available.
Treacy, Meek, Brodie, Colyer and others will have their chances .
Ohhh ,dont just get carried away with the quality, feel the depth!

Last edited:

gungho

Club Legend
Dec 31, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
No Clark or Walker, who’s providing the run off half back?
Chappy provides run and the thing I love is that both Chappy and young look for the corridor option. Line ball on the bench between colyer and walker (definitely a good argument for walker taking that spot).
I actually don’t think Clarke has had a very good year and can’t find a spot for him.

Chappy provides run and the thing I love is that both Chappy and young look for the corridor option. Line ball on the bench between colyer and walker (definitely a good argument for walker taking that spot).
I actually don’t think Clarke has had a very good year and can’t find a spot for him.
200.gif

It's non-negotiable that one of Clark or Walker has to play IMO, despite some other faults, their speed is a big reason for us torching teams on the rebound (as well as Chappy's and Young's footskills)

gungho

Club Legend
Dec 31, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
It's non-negotiable that one of Clark or Walker has to play IMO, despite some other faults, their speed is a big reason for us torching teams on the rebound (as well as Chappy's and Young's footskills)
Has Clark (e) provided run though?
He seems to be more keen on the easy chip kick possession in defensive 50 to rack up stats rather than breaking the lines. I actually reckon Wilson was better

He seems to be more keen on the easy chip kick possession in defensive 50 to rack up stats rather than breaking the lines. I actually reckon Wilson was better
Yes, Clark has provided run and provided run within our gameplan. We try to avoid the Willo run 30m and kick long to a contest thing these days. I will strongly disagree with you on Wilson being better.

Do we not see the opposition attention Jordan Clark gets?

There's a reason very few players are seen breaking the lines through the corridor to deliver long.

Confucius

Senior List
Jan 7, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle

I reckon he provides plenty of run. Statistically, Clark gains more metres than any of our other defenders except Luke Ryan who's stats would be inflated by taking the kick ins.

Tbonefreo

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 13, 2013
Wagga
AFL Club
Fremantle
I really was not interested in getting clark. But I feel he has proved me wrong and is a big part of our early season form. Has a bit of anger in him as well. Love to see the kids with a competitive edge

Should be AA in a couple of seasons

theGav56

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 11, 2004
Bali
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
I really was not interested in getting clark. But I feel he has proved me wrong and is a big part of our early season form. Has a bit of anger in him as well. Love to see the kids with a competitive edge

Should be AA in a couple of seasons
AA is an ambitious prediction, especially for a HBF. They often shoehorn a midfielder into that position. But if he gets there, happy days.

Wilksyy

Tab on a 🦀
Aug 26, 2018
Fremantle
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Freo, Leeds Utd

If you disagree with the above sentiment please watch the St Kilda vs Freo game.

Should we drop Freddy as well because he
only got 2 possessions?

Speed is (one of) Freo’s MOs now.

freo1

Club Legend
Jul 19, 2006
perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Wholeheartedly agree. Been thinking about this since reading an Interesting article by Hodge a few weeks ago suggesting that moving to the wing or half back is a great way to extend your career and Clarko suggested it to him when his body was getting banged up in the midfield.
Fyfe could be amazing on the wing taking the down the line contested mark when other options are closed and then have the speed demons run past for the handball and link up thru the guts.

I just dont see Fyfe being quick enough to play on the wing. End of the day he's a contest player, not an outside runner. My main concern is that having both in team will slow us down, and speed has been critical to us lately. Also not sure about Fyfes field kicking to play outside.

I just dont see Fyfe being quick enough to play on the wing. End of the day he's a contest player, not an outside runner. My main concern is that having both in team will slow us down, and speed has been critical to us lately. Also not sure about Fyfes field kicking to play outside.
Fyfes field kicking has improved out of sight to where I think it’s an under rated part of his game now, goal kicking last year is a different matter. His field kicking is better than our current two wings IMO.

Your right about playing Fyfe and Mundy though, with Mundy unable to spread defensively any more, Brodie, him and Fyfe need to be managed carefully. I think there are still lots of combinations that work but it will need finessing

sherrif

Premiership Player
Dec 7, 2012
AFL Club
Fremantle
Fyfes field kicking has improved out of sight to where I think it’s an under rated part of his game now, goal kicking last year is a different matter. His field kicking is better than our current two wings IMO.

Your right about playing Fyfe and Mundy though, with Mundy unable to spread defensively any more, Brodie, him and Fyfe need to be managed carefully. I think there are still lots of combinations that work but it will need finessing
Fyfe's miles off being slow when fit. In fact his speed out of contests over short distance has really good except when he's been banged up by injury. It does depend on his conditioning but his running over distance has always been first class. He looks a bit leaner since his injury from what I can tell. Yep he wasn't great at spreading from contests last year but he was carrying injuries for most of the season. A fully fit and slightly less muscled Fyfe could be our secret weapon hopefully spending time between onball and wing. While Mundy might have reduced game time or even spend time forward or back.

Fyfe's miles off being slow when fit. In fact his speed out of contests over short distance has really good except when he's been banged up by injury. It does depend on his conditioning but his running over distance has always been first class. He looks a bit leaner since his injury from what I can tell. Yep he wasn't great at spreading from contests last year but he was carrying injuries for most of the season. A fully fit and slightly less muscled Fyfe could be our secret weapon hopefully spending time between onball and wing. While Mundy might have reduced game time or even spend time forward or back.
Yeah not slow but while he seems to try defensively, he'd be the worst defensive midfielder at of our mids behind Mundy (and that's fine because he's an offensive juggernaught). Just saying I wouldnt want say all of Brodie, Mundy and Fyfe in the middle.

Troy Cooked It

Senior List
Jul 3, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
Yeah not slow but while he seems to try defensively, he'd be the worst defensive midfielder at of our mids behind Mundy (and that's fine because he's an offensive juggernaught). Just saying I wouldnt want say all of Brodie, Mundy and Fyfe in the middle.
Would get seriously torched out the front of stoppage if it didn't land into Freo hands. I think a lot of us here might be dancing around the fact (with good reason as it feels blasphemous) that Mundy is the likely one dropping out from the middle rotation when Fyfe comes back. Not completely mind you but I would imagine Mundy will start playing only ~65% tog and might even get a sub vest once or twice, which in the long run will hopefully keep him fresh to make it to #mundy4hundy.

Fyfe and Brodie are likely the ones to go deep forward to rest out of the rotation instead of Mundy. I don't think Serong or Brayshaw's time in the guts should be touched at all.

theGav56

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 11, 2004
Bali
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
Can't recall which Footy show but they spoke about the swans who used Kennedy as their sub and he came on and had an impact in the 30-35 mins he played.

That may be a potential use for Mundy for a handful of games when Fyfe is back
So who's going off injured, and with what "awareness" are they injured with?

Docker79

All Australian
Jan 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
So who's going off injured, and with what "awareness" are they injured with?
No idea lol

Just pointing out what the swans did.

It's clear some clubs have used the sub as a tactic from its intended purpose and may help keep Mundy fresh given his tenure, for what will hopefully be a finals push

Back