What is the appeal of Clive Palmer?

I've now seen a couple of Clive billboards saying 'Save your home: max home loan rate of 3% p.a.'

What's with that? According to its website, the party wants to cap home loan rates for five years. How could they force the banks to do that?

they cant - unless the govt decides to get into the job of retail banking once again

I've now seen a couple of Clive billboards saying 'Save your home: max home loan rate of 3% p.a.'

What's with that? According to its website, the party wants to cap home loan rates for five years. How could they force the banks to do that?
Only can happen if the government forces the cost of funds to remain at circa 1-1.5%. Wouldn't want to be a retiree under Clive.

Essentially it will have a significant negative effect on the superannuation funds.

Caesar

Ex-Huckleberry
Mar 3, 2005
Tombstone, AZ
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
It’s a protest vote for people who can’t stand the Greens

Put enough ads out there with broad slogans tapping into general discontent, and there’s a significant number of people who will vote for you purely on the basis of name recognition

All parties have a good chunk of unthinking voters, but Palmer’s the first I can think of who’s made them his core market

Last edited:

Empty promise as he knows he never has to keep it.

This from a billionaire who spend over three years dragging his feet on $50m of worker's entitlements. He's a snake who appeals only to the gullible.

Last edited:

E Shed

Fremantle Obsessive
Sep 10, 2006
Perth WA
AFL Club
Fremantle

This from a billionaire who spend over three years dragging his feet on $50m of worker's entitlements. He's a snake who appeals only to the gullible.

Like Trump who spent his whole career stiffing workers, not paying his bills, suing people, going bankrupt.
What sort of stupid do you have to be to believe grifters like this who have devoted their lives to greed & selfishness have gone into politics for altruistic reasons? That they care about you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

elon31

Rookie
Apr 18, 2022
AFL Club
Adelaide

Isn’t the the credentials of every politician. Endless empty promises

Isn’t the the credentials of every politician. Endless empty promises
So who is Clive Palmer BETTER than? More honest than? Less likely to withhold their own employee's entitlements while raking in multiples of the millions he owes?

Happy to wait for you to get that list together.

elon31

Rookie
Apr 18, 2022
AFL Club
Adelaide
So who is Clive Palmer BETTER than? More honest than? Less likely to withhold their own employee's entitlements while raking in multiples of the millions he owes?

Happy to wait for you to get that list together.
Most of the current politicians wouldn’t even get that’s far.
You have spuds like Albo, a life long politician who can’t answer questions during a press conference let alone creating a business and become a billionaire

Sep 16, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Melbourne
I've seen an ad where he talks about mortgage default rates at 60% over the next three years which is just scaremongering pure and simple.
80% once interest rates get to 6% according to their full page spread in the HUN on Sunday.

I also heard on ABC radio that he is in discussions to purchase a 15-30 minute "advertising" block on commercial television. You can only imagine what they'll come up with to fill that spot!

Marcel Proust

"Oohh WADA ooga booga" {Jul 11 2013}
Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond
I understand his ads are basically talking to people who feel they have been dudded in the management of Covid.

"Freedom!" Braveheart type stuff.

But I am asking sincerely for anyone thinking of voting for UAP, what do you think he will do for you?

I'm not really interested in people abusing him as, say, some fat f***er who would crawl over your dead body to take food from your child's mouth. That's not the point of the thread.

But what is it that appeals to you about voting for the UAP?

Save your home.

As a slogan will appeal to many

The fact that he's prepared to spend $150 million over 2 elections for no ideological purpose other than to help the LNP gives you some idea of the extent of direct and indirect LNP corruption at play in Australia

He looks like a Liberal party Trojan horse that can also go rogue without damaging their brand. He gets to deduct all his donations to his own party and gets to lobby direct.

Cyg1992

Team Captain
May 8, 2017
AFL Club
Sydney
As others have said he’s just a LNP Trojan horse, a fake protest vote against the major parties, with preferences in any important electorate going to the LNP.
That should surprise no one but the simpletons that will actually vote for Palmer thinking it's an actual protest vote.

He clearly admitted after the 2019 election that he only ran and spent all that money to ensure labor didn't get in. Just as he's doing again.

All those minor 'freedom' parties are just satellites to feed preferences to the LNP.
They serve no other purpose.

E Shed

Fremantle Obsessive
Sep 10, 2006
Perth WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Occasionally a Jabba Party ad or post appears in my socials and I actually find it quite sad reading the comments. All these barely literate & paranoid/delusional people who believe the crap he’s peddling.
What sort of (non) human can sleep at night knowing they’re selling false hope to the most vulnerable in society purely to make more money when you already have more than could be spent in 100 lifetimes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blue1980

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 9, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal
That should surprise no one but the simpletons that will actually vote for Palmer thinking it's an actual protest vote.

He clearly admitted after the 2019 election that he only ran and spent all that money to ensure labor didn't get in. Just as he's doing again.

All those minor 'freedom' parties are just satellites to feed preferences to the LNP.
They serve no other purpose.

He/LNP bank on enough idiots out there who are too dumb to notice

Cyg1992

Team Captain
May 8, 2017
AFL Club
Sydney
He/LNP bank on enough idiots out there who are too dumb to notice
There are a lot of them, and i fear it'll get the LNP over the line, once again.

I personally know 4 people who are genuinely going to vote for one nation, thinking it's a middle finger to the 2 major parties.
2 of those people are of Maronite Christian Lebanese heritage as well. Voting for one nation 🙃🙃🙃

Back