UEFA Europa League 2021/22 (Winners: Eintracht Frankfurt)

Braga down to 9 men, what an idiot yelling at the ref like that.
I think they’re frustrated because Roofe should have got a second yellow just before he scored go ahead goal

FQVdtW4WQAgvRuw

Xavi said it’s no excuse that the tens of thousands of Frankfurt fans somehow got tickets but then seems to launch into long excuse!

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham
Thought so. So stupid. What’s the point of home and away then? Just want more revenue I’m guessing ? Silly

On average, there's an advantage to playing at home - so two legs offers more fairness. And gives a chance for fans to watch their team at home when it could be an expensive schlep across Europe otherwise.

It's not practical to have home and away in all cup competitions. So, for example, in most rounds the FA Cup has a random draw for who plays at home. There are generous allocations of tickets for away fans, then replays are switched to the other team's ground. The semis and final are played at neutral venues.

Thought so. So stupid. What’s the point of home and away then? Just want more revenue I’m guessing ? Silly

Not quite sure what you mean. Home and away is to give each set of supporters a home game to watch the tie, and teams tend to perform better at home?

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg
Athletico & Villereal both parked the bus during this round so I’m not sure it makes a huge difference.
I liked it but yeh don’t think it matters too much.

It should have encouraged AM to have more of a go at home without fear of an away goal leaving them needing 3 to qualify.

Athletico & Villereal both parked the bus during this round so I’m not sure it makes a huge difference.
I liked it but yeh don’t think it matters too much.

They did what they needed to try to qualify against vastly superior teams. It worked for one of them. As Zidane says, it should have encouraged Atletico to chase the game more at home though.

Back