HELLSBELLS

Club Legend
Jun 18, 2007
VIC
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Bayern Munich
Yeh the clubs apparel problem is unavoidable. Nothing is coming out of china atm, work warehouse is empty and so is Mrs HB where she works, cant get anything with China in lockdown.

The membership problem with no kids packs i have harped on about before. Its disgusting, I don't care for you hats or scarves but at least give the kids something. Membership department is much, much worse than the on field department atm and has been for a long while.

What the club needs to do is not a stupid online survey, Its get 10-20 members actually in the doors to sit with the club and whoever runs the show and get actual face to face imput.
That way they can get told what they need to try and do and why in detail.
Not just how is the club doing 1 for bad 10 for excellent.
Those types of surveys are to pretend to care horsesh!t.

Where is Sonja at ?

Jul 18, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I once participated in a focus group at the club. It was so long ago that it was held in the old building on Fogarty St. We hadn't reverted back to officially be called North Melbourne at that stage and were still parading as Kangaroos. So the study was specifically about identity and with a view to changing the logo. In the group I was in, we had a bunch of meek people who wouldn't speak up except for one woman who somehow made it into this research study for North Melbourne despite being a Collingwood supporter. I spent most of the meeting arguing with her about what it meant to be a North Melbourne supporter. So my take on small focus groups instead of wider surveys is that they can too easily be manipulated by one loud-mouthed ******* overwhelming a bunch of introverts.

Orange Peanut

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 6, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I once participated in a focus group at the club. It was so long ago that it was held in the old building on Fogarty St. We hadn't reverted back to officially be called North Melbourne at that stage and were still parading as Kangaroos. So the study was specifically about identity and with a view to changing the logo. In the group I was in, we had a bunch of meek people who wouldn't speak up except for one woman who somehow made it into this research study for North Melbourne despite being a Collingwood supporter. I spent most of the meeting arguing with her about what it meant to be a North Melbourne supporter. So my take on small focus groups instead of wider surveys is that they can too easily be manipulated by one loud-mouthed ******* overwhelming a bunch of introverts.
I might have been there too. Were there players and club directors among the focus groups?

HELLSBELLS

Club Legend
Jun 18, 2007
VIC
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Bayern Munich

Sounds like they s**t the bed getting that group together.
Collingwood supporter there not the best start.

I'm sure you could find 20 off this board that would speak up and it could work, Again just got to get it right. Doesnt sound like they did.

Jul 18, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Sounds like they s**t the bed getting that group together.
Collingwood supporter there not the best start.

I'm sure you could find 20 off this board that would speak up and it could work, Again just got to get it right. Doesnt sound like they did.

I get what you're saying but imagine trying to moderate a conversation between 20 people off this board and aiming to get a consensus. I mean, there are people here who actually think orange on supporter gear is a good idea!!!

Orange Peanut

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 6, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Yes I think they had different groups and we were a members group. Again, not sure how the Collingwood nuffy made it through the vetting.
Ours was a bit different, each group had a couple of players, some admin staff and 5 or 6 fans. Then members of the board would travel from group to group discussing things. Fulvio Inserra's first instruction was "I don't want to read any of this on Bigfooty tomorrow". Daniel Harris immediately turned into the 😡 emoji, shook his head and muttered "bigfooty" a couple of times then stopped participating for about 10 minutes while he calmed down.

marklovesbeer

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 8, 2010
South Adelaide
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
South Adelaide Panthers
Yeh the clubs apparel problem is unavoidable. Nothing is coming out of china atm, work warehouse is empty and so is Mrs HB where she works, cant get anything with China in lockdown.

The membership problem with no kids packs i have harped on about before. Its disgusting, I don't care for you hats or scarves but at least give the kids something. Membership department is much, much worse than the on field department atm and has been for a long while.

What the club needs to do is not a stupid online survey, Its get 10-20 members actually in the doors to sit with the club and whoever runs the show and get actual face to face imput.
That way they can get told what they need to try and do and why in detail.
Not just how is the club doing 1 for bad 10 for excellent.
Those types of surveys are to pretend to care horsesh!t.

Where is Sonja at ?
Couldn't respectfully disagree more.
You’re angry at that style of survey because you think that there’s been no changes, or perhaps changes you don’t agree with.
The club getting responses from, say, 5,000 people is going to be more aligned with what everyone wants than having a face to face with twenty random supporters.

Kangaroos techno

Premiership Player
Feb 4, 2021
AFL Club
North Melbourne
At least the club can sit back and rest easy. Because whenever someone raises a concern regarding apparel or the membership department the big footy north board defensive team can jump in front and protect them. They butchered this s**t for years and they never have a decent back up plan.

This year the back up plan was to run across the road to playcorp and order a total of 10 minimalist hoodies and watch them sell out in 2 mins...phew, crisis averted. This is an AFL team...not a mum and pop store. Amateur hour.

Jul 18, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
At least the club can sit back and rest easy. Because whenever someone raises a concern regarding apparel or the membership department the big footy north board defensive team can jump in front and protect them. They butchered this s**t for years and they never have a decent back up plan.

This year the back up plan was to run across the road to playcorp and order a total of 10 minimalist hoodies and watch them sell out in 2 mins...phew, crisis averted. This is an AFL team...not a mum and pop store. Amateur hour.

As much as it's nice to have a bit of club merch to wear, if we're going to get critical, I'd rather the club focus on getting onfield matters sorted given how insignificant apparel is in the broad scheme of things.

Kangaroos techno

Premiership Player
Feb 4, 2021
AFL Club
North Melbourne
As much as it's nice to have a bit of club merch to wear, if we're going to get critical, I'd rather the club focus on getting onfield matters sorted given how insignificant apparel is in the broad scheme of things.
They aren't the same thing. It's not like the players are spending their time packing aus post satchels and working in the rooshop. Nor do the marketing department help with strength and conditioning of the players. How about working on as many cylinders as possible. Because merch sales = revenue = impact the running of our club.

Jul 18, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
They aren't the same thing. It's not like the players are spending their time packing aus post satchels and working in the rooshop. Nor do the marketing department help with strength and conditioning of the players. How about working on as many cylinders as possible. Because merch sales = revenue = impact the running of our club.

There are those who still believe that Christiano Ronaldo's shirt sales cover the cost of his transfer fees and there are those who realise that based on their margin, Man United would have to sell a shirt to every single person on the planet.

Profits from the Rooshop wouldn't be enough to pay for our urgently needed towels.

Kangaroos techno

Premiership Player
Feb 4, 2021
AFL Club
North Melbourne
There are those who still believe that Christiano Ronaldo's shirt sales cover the cost of his transfer fees and there are those who realise that based on their margin, Man United would have to sell a shirt to every single person on the planet.

Profits from the Rooshop wouldn't be enough to pay for our urgently needed towels.
That doesn't really apply here because we have a salary cap...

Also, it's not just the rooshop. It's merch at games, sports stores around australia and puma online.

Jul 18, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Also, it's not just the rooshop. It's merch at games, sports stores around australia and puma online.

That's my point though - the club gets bugger all from merchandise sales at sports stores and Puma online and you even have to take care who you are buying from at games. The reason the club tells you to buy from the Rooshop is that the retail margin is really the only revenue that the club ever sees from merchandise. There is a licensing fee paid by the apparel company but that is usually in the form of an upfront payment with very little coming from point of sale from each garment.

Jul 18, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Also, to clarify the point about Ronaldo, the salary cap is not relevant either way. When you buy a Ronaldo shirt from Rebel Sport at Highpoint, Man United doesn't get the profits and neither does Ronaldo. It's all swallowed up by Adidas as they try to recoup the annual fee they paid Man United to wrestle that opportunity away from Nike. If Adidas suffered a global supply chain issue and Rebel Sport in Highpoint didn't receive any stock, it wouldn't impact Man United or Ronaldo.

Jul 18, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Who needs Puma?

2022 Indigenous Hoodie
Screen Shot 2022-05-05 at 2.04.25 pm.png

Apr 12, 2009
Brisbane
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Celtic FC, Milwaukee Bucks
Long sleeve finally available

And shorts which I used my voucher with

Not puma related but if you’re thinking of buying this jumper the sizes are exact so I’m a S but stupid me thought it was gonna be oversized. So size up if you want a bit baggier
664F81A5-0BDB-4930-A06C-D2771E766482.jpeg

Back