VFL Game Day Round 6: Footscray vs Essendon, Whitten Oval, Sunday 01/05/2022 @ 11.35 AM

Remove this Banner Ad

Missing a few that could have stiffened it up a little today just with the shithouse nature of the fixture but I find it staggering that we’ve basically opted out of going out and getting VFL talent.

Seems like Jolley won’t actually be playing and Landt is a nice player, but apart from that there’s nothing there.

Would have thought we could have gone to the well of delisted players and picked a couple up that could help.
I note that Northern Blues / VFL Blues have picked up two guys I really liked in there draft years that are doing well this year in the VFL. Zavier Maher is averaging 18 touches a game and Trudgeon had his best game of the season yesterday.

We need a new VFL GM. Seriously. Gone are the days of recruiting guys like Polkinghorne, Coghlan, Younan, either former AFL listers who were fringe and very good at the lower level, legit local stars or established VFL stars. Fair enough we need to recruit some under 21's but there are guys out there that I really can't understand.

We need a new VFL GM. Seriously. Gone are the days of recruiting guys like Polkinghorne, Coghlan, Younan, either former AFL listers who were fringe and very good at the lower level, legit local stars or established VFL stars. Fair enough we need to recruit some under 21's but there are guys out there that I really can't understand.
Do we even have a GM for the VFL?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back