Preview Changes and pre-match discussion vs Dockers in WA

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marstermind

What is our biggest flogging ever?

What is our biggest flogging to Fremantle?

What is our biggest flogging of Fremantle?

What is a flog?
the simpsons paddle GIF
the simpsons paddle GIF

So TT with a lacerated liver and a tight hammy and his brain rattling around in his bonce after getting scrambled by Stocker. No genuine KPF and either a tiny forward line or bringing in a second gamer who's made of paper plates. Freo absolutely flying, coming off a great win over the Cats, playing on their home deck

North by 71

Oh and they get Fyfe back this week don't they

Pisser

We have a lot of North supporters in WA don't we? Surely one of them has COVID and is willing to cough and splutter there at around Freo training this week?
I blame you for the group of players we are about to lose to COVID this week...

My god the headaches we have.

Our list is just so s**t.
Injuries we have are Corr who won’t make it back in time, Hall whose a fortnight away, Charlie who pulled up with knee soreness after Thursday's session and was withdrawn as an emergency on Friday as a result and Tazz whose ribs/hammy are giving him grief but should play. Phillips should come in but club wasn’t happy with output along with Powell and Jed.

IN: McKay Comben Powell Phillips Anderson
OUT: Walker Larkey Mahony Bergman Young

B: Perez Bonar Scott
HB: Turner McKay McDonald
C: Stephenson LDU Taylor
HF: Thomas Comben JHF
F: Zurhaar CCJ Ziebell
R: Goldstein Simpkin Powell
I: Phillips Anderson Curtis Greenwood
S: Young

That’s what I’d like to see.
What Nobles will do is out Larkey, Bergman and in McKay and Atu. Watch. Lazzaro the sub

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Forward line is an interesting predicament.

Walker is another option (was drafted as a forward initially). Not ideal but can mark ball. Structurally, may be required down back for some reason I'm yet to see, that is.

Why not just completely change it up and play McKay as a forward?

Leave Walker and Corr as defenders which is more than what we had against Carlton?

Mckay would have taken Taberner who is out anyway, so just play him forward? We are looking at a flogging so might aswell throw the magnets around and see how we go? We know he can take a grab?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I have an odd feeling we may even look better with this setup. No key forward screaming to bomb it on his head with 3 blokes hanging off him and we might use it more sensibly.
You're asking the team to do something where 75% of the players have no concept of hitting up smaller leading targets and only know how to bomb it in long. We're going to get carved up in the air as poor Curtis gets crunched as the ball is kicked on his head by 2 blokes 10cms taller and 20kg heavier than him

Why not just completely change it up and play McKay as a forward?

Leave Walker and Corr as defenders which is more than what we had against Carlton?

Mckay would have taken Taberner who is out anyway, so just play him forward? We are looking at a flogging so might aswell throw the magnets around and see how we go? We know he can take a grab?

Because we really want to add to the conspiracy theory that Harry and Ben are the same person? Lol

Because we really want to add to the conspiracy theory that Harry and Ben are the same person? Lol

We can’t bring in a key forward in Comben as he was too sore to even play VFL last week, yet we can bring in Corr and McGuiness as defenders so the logical option is to trial a defender as a forward.

We have used Walker like this before but that ship has sailed, so why not give McKay a crack? I don’t think he will get out marked and let’s be honest, leading patterns are irrelevant as we don’t hit up anyway so he will basically just be defending the high ball that comes in which should be pretty natural?

We can’t bring in a key forward in Comben as he was too sore to even play VFL last week, yet we can bring in Corr and McGuiness as defenders so the logical option is to trial a defender as a forward.

We have used Walker like this before but that ship has sailed, so why not give McKay a crack? I don’t think he will get out marked and let’s be honest, leading patterns are irrelevant as we don’t hit up anyway so he will basically just be defending the high ball that comes in which should be pretty natural?

Walker as a forward is like playing Polec as a tagger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back