Universal Love 2022-24 Random Chat - BBQ, Other Food, Cats, Whatever

Remove this Banner Ad

To be clear , no one is suggesting any one currently at the bulldogs is involved in any way . The extent to which child abuse was and still maybe rife is a shame we all should bare
For sure. That’s why this probably belongs in the random chat thread so we can continue to pull the piss out of the western here.

This bit in particular was really enlightening for me.
On the rare occasions he's felt compelled to tell his story since — to police, to employers who required an explanation for his mood swings, now to the world — Adam has always flinched at the prospect of the listener's incredulity. He understands the obvious question: why would you turn up and subject yourself to such horrors?

He sees now that he'd developed an "unhealthy" relationship with money, but it was not about the cash. More compelling was the confusing mixture of guilt, trauma and shame, and the fear he held of being "found out" and exposed. Like so many victims of childhood abuse, Adam had been convinced by his abuser that only he was at fault, a dilemma that silenced him.

He also recalls what he refers to as "the freeze" — he can still feel it, but he can't quite explain it.

"You know what's going on, but you just freeze in that moment," he says.

"You're in a trap, but you ignore it. I have an adult mind now. But that young kid's mind — how did it work? I can't relate to that now. It's gone."

It remains his greatest barrier to feeling believed: "Everyone thinks with their adult rationality,” he says.

“That doesn't work."

I must admit I had similar thoughts while reading the earlier part of the article. Not that I didn't believe it but I certainly couldn't understand why a kid wouldn't just run for the hills after the first incident. As an adult who fortunately never experienced such trauma as a child, it's impossible to undestand what happens in a developing mind going through it.

Honestly one of the saddest and horrific things I've ever read. I hope Adam is able to find some peace in his life. That kid never did anything to deserve such pain.

Honestly one of the saddest and horrific things I've ever read. I hope Adam is able to find some peace in his life. That kid never did anything to deserve such pain.
Agree, brutal stuff to read. Hopefully opening up can help him find some more support but what an awful experience.

NorthcoteDee

Team Captain
May 9, 2021
AFL Club
Melbourne
From Viz magazine ....

The World of Women
Driving
Car repairs
June Spears, who was taken for a £6,322 ride by her local garage.

The largest bill for fictitious work carried out on a woman's car by garage mechanics was one of £6,322.88 charged by Joskin Bros Motors Ltd. of Stevenage, Herts. (GB). Calling in for a routine service on her one-year-old Peugeot 305, Mrs. June Spears agreed to pay for, amongst other things, new trumpets (£725), cracked gangle pin (£1,785), realignment of main glib shaft (£2,268), new grommets (£112), set of hexagonal tag nuts and dangleberry adapter (£35) and new piss-take valves (£120).

No work was actually carried out on the car during the six weeks that it spent at the garage but 4000 miles were put on the clock and she later received a speeding summons from Italian police.

Apr 14, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
LA Lakers,Chelsea F.C.
Ahhh i need some of these, there is apparently different widths?
I think so, they size you up so it fits perfectly. If you dont know what size shoe you wear.
Get the soft Interier/Heel. your feet will thank me

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At the current moment, Essendon are a genuinely cooked side. Im not talking about on field performance

Im referring to the coach
Rutten is a horrible coach. He doesn't inspire much hope for me.
How can you possibly make that conclusion? He was good enough to make finals in his first year with a very young list. Not surprised an immature group are struggling to follow that up.

I would have thought our supporters could appreciate more than most that it's not always a linear trajectory.

Big Pig Canteen - Moorabbin

Was here on Sunday. Good bbq and good live music in the industrial area. Legit had the most Austin type feel out of all the bbq joints in Melbourne other than Big Earl's in Port Melbourne
0afaf479a0a0c5de48d65f4d7ed13c29.jpg

Big Pig Canteen - Moorabbin

Was here on Sunday. Good bbq and good live music in the industrial area. Legit had the most Austin type feel out of all the bbq joints in Melbourne other than Big Earl's in Port Melbourne
0afaf479a0a0c5de48d65f4d7ed13c29.jpg
So you finally got there. How does it rate to those you've been to in the west food wise?

Also damn you, haven't eaten since breakfast and that just made me starving and craving brisket.

Got a 2.5kg king island brisket in the fridge but no way I can wait for that.

So you finally got there. How does it rate to those you've been to in the west food wise?

Also damn you, haven't eaten since breakfast and that just made me starving and craving brisket.

Got a 2.5kg king island brisket in the fridge but no way I can wait for that.
Yeah it was really good in every aspect. I was up in Mt Dandenong on Sunday and on the way home thought * it lets go as it's not much of a detour

The indoor section would be cool bar like place to have a few drinks with mates while they have live music on. A very Austin type feel imo

And the food was really good and a decent price too.

$68 for the family fun pack

200g beef brisket (was really good a tender. Thick pieces too so you know its good brisket when you get the thick slices)
300g pulled pork (quite tasty but I'm not a huge pulled pork fan but I don't hate it)
Cheesey Kransky (Nice and great for the kids)
6 x Southern Fried wings (the coating was really good with a nice little kick to it
Chips
Coleslaw
2 x Mac & Cheese (not sure why two, but was rather good just very rich
Pickles

By the time I grabbed a Schooner, a bloody Mary & a couple of cokes it was like $100. Which is pretty well priced imo

Another bonus was they let me bring the dog to sit outside with, so the dog smashed the left overs

2.5kg King Island brisket sounds sick, where did you get it from? and how much did they stick you for it?

PS I had my two bottom wisdom teeth surgical removed yesterday so I haven't eaten breakfast or anything non drinkable for 2 days (Not to be that guy that has to top people lol)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back