Cam Rayner

Remove this Banner Ad

Idiotic thread full of idiotic posts.

Next time, give a kid more than 4 games back from a knee reconstruction before chirping him.

Love me some Cam.

Last edited:
Did very little today Rayner. I was shocked, I tell you, shocked to see danster’s pick 30 in the 2017 draft kicked 3.2 with a poster. 😂

On another note, anyone seen danster168 ? 😱
Here I was thinking he would've been named in the best players for Brisbane? Nup, not even there. lol.

And here you are thinking a serviceable game trumps 70 bad ones. haha.

Let me know when he actually is named in the best third of players on the ground. lol.

How embarrassing.

Here I was thinking he would've been named in the best players for Brisbane? Nup, not even there. lol.

Let me know when he actually is named in the best third of players on the ground. lol.

How embarrassing.

Oh good, here he is, we found danster. 😍

You must be over the moon how well your pick 30 from the 2017 NAB AFL Draft is going now danster? 😂😂

Oh good, here he is, we found danster. 😍

You must be over the moon how well your pick 30 from the 2017 NAB AFL Draft is going now danster? 😂😂
have the 29 above him not played good games before?...Answer this question in your next reply.

If Rayner plays well for a couple of seasons then i'm happy to bump him up the order.

Also way not to address the fact that he wasn't even named in the best. It shows how you give Rayner so much praise for such little on ground impact. I don't blame you for not expecting much after his first 70 games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How embarrassing.

Jeez you'd think with Rayner playing 70 bad games, a good player like Spargo would have clearly better career averages than him...

Thoughts on this bloke 5 years in?

Granted he’s coming off a long term injury I’m still yet to see much of a footballer emerging.

Not a midfielder, not a particularly smart or instinctive forward.

Every pre-draft report sold him as a Dusty clone, but also conceded he’d spent very little time playing on ball - and he had a s**t tank so the natural assumption was he’d dominate once he was properly conditioned.

His draft was definitely a bit of a crapshoot at the top end. Short of making the safe decision and taking Andy Brayshaw by the end of year he was clearly the consensus choice and was never slipping out of the Top 3, but I can’t help feeling him dominating underage footy (especially the championships) set him up a bit. Another case of not being able to use that extra strength once he was up against nuggety back pockets at AFL level. Not to mention having to scrap extra hard to find space inside 50 through an 18-man zone.

His footy IQ and game sense in general leaves a bit to be desired, especially for a guy taken with Pick 1. Routinely seems to overrun the ball or have the opportunity to win a lopsided contest and he can’t do it.

Is this guy a really slow burn or just not much chop?

giphy.gif

Wouldn't have a clue. What's the relevance? So you're only as good as your last game? Great logic!
I don't rate Miers. But I rate him more than Rayner and Miers has better averages in most stats to this date of his career.

This just goes to show just how you rate Rayner, based on nothing.

Dunno man, I would have thought that if you were going to pontificate about players you'd actually watch the game. Or you know, not cite afl.com.au's list of best players as your rationale as to why a performance wasn't that great.

I think its fair to say on career output Cam doesn't sniff the top 5-10 of his draft year. I can even see how as a Melbourne supporter you'd rate Spargo higher.

But Miers? Lol.

Dunno man, I would have thought that if you were going to pontificate about players you'd actually watch the game. Or you know, not cite afl.com.au's list of best players as your rationale as to why a performance wasn't that great.

I think its fair to say on career output Cam doesn't sniff the top 5-10 of his draft year. I can even see how as a Melbourne supporter you'd rate Spargo higher.

But Miers? Lol.
I'm not afraid to bump Rayner up the list but he'd need to show a full season or 2 of good form. Not just a few games scattered here and there. He's coming from a long way way back. I don't think there's any chance he gets in the top 15 of this draft. The draft had a lot of talent deep in the draft like Dylan Moore who is already an elite afl player.

I'm not afraid to bump Rayner up the list but he'd need to show a full season or 2 of good form. Not just a few games scattered here and there. He's coming from a long way way back. I don't think there's any chance he gets in the top 15 of this draft. The draft had a lot of talent deep in the draft like Dylan Moore who is already an elite afl player.

Moore was very close to being delisted in 2020. Got a reprieve as a rookie in 2021 and the rest is history.

No point arguing with Danster. This mental giant needs 2 seasons of elite form to change his mind.

We need danster to resist even elite form from Rayner, or the thread dies. Without danster denying the plainly obvious, there is no thread. Danster is the thread. 😍

Post #111 on this thread, the number thought to be potentially unlucky because it relates to the great British naval officer Horatio Nelson, whose accumulated losses in his life amounted to one eye, one arm and one testicle, will come back to dog danster168 . It is something of a relief danster didn’t bet one of his nuts on Cam Rayner being worth less than Cryin Miers, but danster certainly has the one eyed part covered. 😁

Remove this Banner Ad

Back