Player Watch #21: Callum Coleman-Jones - out for season after suffering Achilles rupture vs CFC on GoodFriday - go well CCJ

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeh I actually retracted my question tbh (but you were too damn quick!) as your take became apparent.
Totally fair, im the first to admit my jokes have about a 90% failure rate, but that 10%, hoo boy, knee slappers.

F**k I love the intensity/passion whatever you want to call it that JHF appears to have for the club.

• Flies the flag and ruffles feathers when he/the club is sledged
  • Has been visibly disgusted on more than one occasion following our losses
  • Celebrates the highs in a way that would have to get you pumped if you were one of his teammates

Incredible mentality to have I reckon, something intangible that you can't really teach. And all in his seventh game of league football as an 18 yr old.

Oh and good goal and game from CCJ as well 😂

Last edited:
F**k I love the intensity/passion whatever you want to call it that JHF appears to have for the club.

• Flies the flag and ruffles feathers when he/the club is sledged
  • Has been visibly disgusted on more than one occasion following our losses
  • Celebrates the highs in a way that would have to get you pumped if you were one of this teammates

Incredible mentality to have I reckon, something intangible that you can't really teach. And all in his seventh game of league football as a 18 yr old.

Oh and good goal and game from CCJ as well 😂

I’m just impressed that our most natural crumbing forward is 6ft 7.

As evidenced by the fact Tom Campbell played for them on the weekend.

No disrespect to Campbell he’s a journeyman Ruck and long May his career continue with the saints. But they just wanted a ruck and they wanted them cheap.
...and xerri is chosen over CCJ, goes to show how bad CCJ is.

Jake Melksham once outmarked Goldstein. s**t happens to ruckmen

I see nothing on exposed form to suggest Xerri does anything other than win a few hit outs and lay some tackles. But hes rather ineffectual across the ground. CCJ has more weapons and will be the better long term player.
whatever clearances we won with CCJ in the ruck, they were rubbish high kick and hopes. It's the pressure/follow up work and getting the ball to advantage midfielders to have enough time and space to give them a decent clearance, as shown by the influence by Goldstein.

Alas there is no fantasy points for this kind of stuff so other than providing clips of the game it's all opinion. i can see why ppl think CCJ is great, we gave up a lot to get him and he kicked a great crumbing goal. however he isn't a ruck man.

...and xerri is chosen over CCJ, goes to show how bad CCJ is.

I would suggest that the jury is out on both.

In fact it would be interesting to see how they went together without Goldy in the side.

You seem very invested in X and to have an issue with CCJ.

Right now we are staring at a very scary prospect of not having a ruck that is anywhere near Goldy in terms of Rucking ability. Not X, not CCJ.

I would suggest that the jury is out on both.

In fact it would be interesting to see how they went together without Goldy in the side.

You seem very invested in X and to have an issue with CCJ.

Right now we are staring at a very scary prospect of not having a ruck that is anywhere near Goldy in terms of Rucking ability. Not X, not CCJ.
i'm just stating the fact that X is much better than CCJ. CCJ isn't a ruckman.

yep very scary, hopefully Edwards is the answer and X/CCJ are just a stop gap.

...you've mixed up goldy with CCJ, CCJ was the one beaten in D50 repeatedly.

Goldy was huge for us, he was the highest ranked player on the field FFS.
You're rivalling DR for the momma Goldstein role.

Both were beaten by Cripps on two occasions each. It happens. I once saw Steven Motlop outmark Goldstein on the wing down at Geelong. Can't win em all.

I never slighted Goldstein's game this week. So I'm not sure why this "but suoercoach rankings" and "but he's better than xerri" because i never suggested either from my comment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone know why CCJ didn’t play VFL today?

It looks as though Goldy has gone back to number one ruck, with X as resting forward. This would suit CCJ more and with a couple of quiet games in a row for X, thought CCJ might take his place?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Who the **** knows.

This could be the first post in a mid season review thread on all things North Melbourne.

Standard response for basically anything happening at the club.

The way the place is coming across lately he was probably given an incorrect fixture listing yesterday as a bye.

Probably hear he headed back to SA for the weekend to see his grandmother and had no idea he was meant to be playing as 1st ruck in the VFL.

Callum Coleman-Jones will also have to prove his fitness, having experienced soreness and missed last Sunday's VFL game against Sandringham.

"He pulled up a bit tight in the quad last weekend, prior to the game," McPherson detailed.

"He'll have to tick a few boxes at training tomorrow before he's right to play. We'll wait and see."

If I find my old pair of Puma boots (assuming my wife didn't secretly donate them to the Op Shop) and pull a North Jumper out of the drawer I reckon I could probably get a game in the VFL team. What colour shorts will I need this week?

Callum Coleman-Jones will also have to prove his fitness, having experienced soreness and missed last Sunday's VFL game against Sandringham.

"He pulled up a bit tight in the quad last weekend, prior to the game," McPherson detailed.

"He'll have to tick a few boxes at training tomorrow before he's right to play. We'll wait and see."

ffs, do we even have any forwards left? Odds on Larkey to go down with Darwin belly.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back