Discussion 2022 General Discussion / Help

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I couldn't figure this out from the FAQ or via any search results.

My league opponent has Jed McEntee on field who is the sub today against Carlton.

What happens if McEntee doesn't get onto the ground? Will he get the score for his emergency?

I couldn't figure this out from the FAQ or via any search results.

My league opponent has Jed McEntee on field who is the sub today against Carlton.

What happens if McEntee doesn't get onto the ground? Will he get the score for his emergency?
yes

Anyone having issues with website formatting on PC web browser? The trade column on the right is cut off showing only half the pane.

Yep same issue mate

Capture.JPG

HS got the work experience kids running the site for this week...

giphy.gif

Are people culling rookies earlier than usual and sacrificing cash gains with their boosts and extra trades?

Yep. My team will be complete before the byes.

Hey, rookie player here, I just want some simple principles for devising a bye-proof strategy.

Here's my naive understanding of what I should be doing.

PREMO ACQUISITIONS
This year... the teams resting in the first bye are Carlton, Essendon, GWS Giants, Port Adelaide, Richmond, St Kilda.

So I should probably delay the acquisition of Steele and Sinclair et al until subsequent rounds, yeah?

18 PLAYERS
At the moment I can JUST field 18 players for round 12, so long as I have no injuries and all my rookies are actually selected to play. (not super confident old mate Hough will get a call up)

So I should probably keep one eye on my round 12 needs in all my trading until the byes, yeah?

SUBSEQUENT BYES
...can addressed through trading. YOLO. Seems like we get 3 trades to use during byes, which should help.

-

Does that all sound right? Anything else I should bare in mind?

Hey, rookie player here, I just want some simple principles for devising a bye-proof strategy.

PREMO ACQUISITIONS
This year... the teams resting in the first bye are Carlton, Essendon, GWS Giants, Port Adelaide, Richmond, St Kilda.

So I should probably delay the acquisition of Steele and Sinclair et al until subsequent rounds, yeah?

18 PLAYERS
At the moment I can JUST field 18 players for round 12, so long as I have no injuries and all my rookies are actually selected to play. (not super confident old mate Hough will get a call up)

So I should probably keep one eye on my round 12 needs in all my trading until the byes, yeah?

SUBSEQUENT BYES
...can addressed through trading. YOLO. Seems like we get 3 trades to use during byes, which should help.

-

Pretty much although with more teams being close to complete this year by the byes maybe it’s not such an issue. I wouldn’t let the byes stop you getting a gun at the optimal price though like Cripps or Steele.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty much although with more teams being close to complete this year by the byes maybe it’s not such an issue. I wouldn’t let the byes stop you getting a gun at the optimal price though like Cripps or Steele.
Not sure there will be an optimal price for Steele this year... but one can only hope. Cheers.

PREMO ACQUISITIONS

18 PLAYERS

SUBSEQUENT BYES

-

you could have 22 players on field, the top 18 on field scores go towards the total

PREMO ACQUISITIONS

18 PLAYERS

SUBSEQUENT BYES

-

Premo acquisitions don't matter before the first bye. If you bring in Walsh, Miller or Oliver at round 10, they all still have 1 week off ahead of them.

Premo acquisitions don't matter before the first bye. If you bring in Walsh, Miller or Oliver at round 10, they all still have 1 week off ahead of them.
Right, but the way I'm thinking about it now is:
I want Steele, Mills and Oliver. I could see them all in my final mid field. I don't have any of them yet.

If I look at my current team in terms of the bye rounds, I have:
12 players missing round 12
12 players missing round 13
6 players missing round 14

Oliver is absent in the final round. This seems to be a good argument for getting him prior to the bye (though obviously to be taken into consideration against his price value).

Right, but the way I'm thinking about it now is:
I want Steele, Mills and Oliver. I could see them all in my final mid field. I don't have any of them yet.

If I look at my current team in terms of the bye rounds, I have:
12 players missing round 12
12 players missing round 13
6 players missing round 14

Oliver is absent in the final round. This seems to be a good argument for getting him prior to the bye (though obviously to be taken into consideration against his price value).
Just on that set up, you want it the other way around. Better off having 12 missing in round 14 now, so you can trade guys in to rectify that during 12 & 13.

Of the names you mention above if you either go early as posdible ( to maximise points)or wait till round 14 for Mills and Steele, when their bye is done.
But yes, trading Oliver in and trading out a guy playing round 12 or 13 would be the way to go.

Just on that set up, you want it the other way around. Better off having 12 missing in round 14 now, so you can trade guys in to rectify that during 12 & 13.
Hah - I appreciate that. Thing is... I hadn't actually calculated the bye breakdown until tonight.

Oh No Help GIF by Studio 100

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back