Injury 2022 Injury Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

That is horrific. Absolutely needed to keep smashing games into Max and now he's out for a decent portion of the season. :mad:

And, as you say, Stephens simply must play now. His time has come.
He's not good enough yet though. Or big enough yet if he's expected to play inside mid.
Knevitt would probably be more likely.

He's not good enough yet though. Or big enough yet if he's expected to play inside mid.
I think Cooper is more ready than Mitch at this point. Although Knevitt shows plenty of upside for the longer term.

Anyway, let's see what the M.C. think on Thursday.

Sorry but how is Cooper Stephens not big enough to play inside midfield? He’s had 4 preseasons under his belt and wasn’t small to begin with. If he’s not ready now when will he ever be. 6ft2 pushing 90kgs and he’s not big enough, spare me.

Massive blow. We literally got 2 young kids on the whole list who have proven they have talent at AFL level, Holmes and De Koning, and we just lose one for the foreseeable future.
Hopefully he has a swift recovery

I think Cooper is more ready than Mitch at this point. Although Knevitt shows plenty of upside for the longer term.

Anyway, let's see what the M.C. think on Thursday.
I'm happy for him to play. But unless their different this year, the Giants mids were quite solid boys and very contested.
Tough ask for a pure inside mid who's not quite ready.
I know we did it with Constable but he was a big boy.
Not that I think Knevitt is setting the world on fire either but I think he might be a better fit this week.

Already had surgery as per the clubs article
Meanwhile in Brisbane Joe Daniher has to wait until tomorrow for scans of his shoulder. How backward is Brisbane? I know it’s a public holiday today but….

Sorry but how is Cooper Stephens not big enough to play inside midfield? He’s had 4 preseasons under his belt and wasn’t small to begin with. If he’s not ready now when will he ever be. 6ft2 pushing 90kgs and he’s not big enough, spare me.
Have you watched him play? He might be 90kgs but he's getting battered a bit. And that's at VFL level.
But hey, I'm probably wrong.
TBH I'm happy for any kid to play. But I also don't want them to get smashed in game 1.

Have you watched him play? He might be 90kgs but he's getting battered a bit. And that's at VFL level.
But hey, I'm probably wrong.
TBH I'm happy for any kid to play. But I also don't want them to get smashed in game 1.

He’s literally the same height and weight as Clayton Oliver and Jack Steele. He’s not a child, physically he will be fine. I’m not wrapping a first round draft pick from 4 years ago in cotton wool cos I’m scared he might get hurt I think that’s a terrible take

He’s literally the same height and weight as Clayton Oliver and Jack Steele. He’s not a child, physically he will be fine. I’m not wrapping a first round draft pick from 4 years ago in cotton wool cos I’m scared he might get hurt I think that’s a terrible take
Fair enough. Maybe the Giants are different this year. I haven't seen them.
But last year they were kind of fierce in close.
I just hope if he does find it tough (if he plays) everyone doesn't say he sucks.
Tough debut.

Damn! That’s a shame about Holmes, he was having a solid year. Hopefully a quick recovery!
Reckon Knevitt is more likely too come in for Holmes.
Would love to see Cooper play, he hasn’t been setting the world on fire at VFL level but I can see him as someone who will play better with elite players around him.

Other injury news:

• Danger, Stanley, Menegola all tests for the week
  • Henry is a ‘day to day prospect’ but is improving

Faark thats awful news re holmes.

Sounds like menegola might play vfl this week which is good as we need him in the 1s soon.

Us being so vague about henrys return time doesnt fill me with confidence at all.

Tsapa gone too not that he was going to play seniors soon but you would think the odds of us taking a mature ruck in the MSD are shortening by the week.

I dont think knevitt is physically ready yet whereas cooper probably is. The next couple of weeks are a good time to put him in the 1s while we get rohan and menegola fit in the 2s.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good news is syndesmosis is usually a 4-8 week thing so shouldnt be season ending.

Walsh made a quick recovery recently, had surgery in mid-Feb and returned for round 2. Approx 4-5 weeks out. Hopefully Holmes is back around the bye.

So if Tsapatolis ( if it's a season injury) could that open up another spot for the mid season even though his a category b?

So if Tsapatolis ( if it's a season injury) could that open up another spot for the mid season even though his a category b?
Doubtful because he already sits outside the list

No cat b spots cant be used at msd only cat a spots (which we have one of)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back