Geelong - Too old, too slow?

Remove this Banner Ad

This is what I don’t understand, people seem to think just cos a side has home games they are somehow gifted wins.

Happens whenever a non Vic team is half good too. As we we have seen in recent years with eagles and Adelaide, when a side is crap they don’t win many games anywhere.

Home ground advantage can help a side to a degree but no more than swaying it 60-40, at most. It can’t make a crap side good.

IMG_0154.JPG

Best win % at Marvel.. must be the home ground advantage

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Jordan Clark sums it all up.

Not good enough skills for the Catters apparently

Jordan Clark sums it all up.

Not good enough skills for the Catters apparently
God you post clueless rubbish frequently.

We have lost every game this season due to being smashed at midfield metrics. Contested possessions, clearances, post clearance contested possessions.

Clark was defensively inept, and displayed the same traits on Saturday.

More inside midfield grunt is what’s needed. Not some flaky halfback.

God you post clueless rubbish frequently.

We have lost every game this season due to being smashed at midfield metrics. Contested possessions, clearances, post clearance contested possessions.

Clark was defensively inept, and displayed the same traits on Saturday.

More inside midfield grunt is what’s needed. Not some flaky halfback.
Keep drinking the kool aid.

Full cult member.
  1. Backs company line every time
  2. Refuses to contemplate any possible mistake
  3. Every decision club makes is correct
  4. Attacks any person who leaves cult and shitcans them (Clark is no good etc etc)
  5. Ad hominen insults to anyone who questions cult (I post "clueless rubbish")

Last edited:
Yep, unless some lift suddenly or others exist I don’t know about.

We have two promising key backs but not much in the midfield coming through aside from Holmes. Maybe some of the ressies players can step up but it is not a great sign that we are playing five or six small forwards and rotating them through the midfield instead of picking ressie players.

Full cult member.
  4. Attacks any person who leaves cult and shitcans them (Clark is no good etc etc)

That poster is known as the 'oracle' of s**t. Don't bother.

Geelong, (and so many of the posters you just responded to) are heavily invested in believing the club can do no wrong.
They have backed in the coach and the future plan of trading away draft picks for ready-made talent in the hopes of winning a premiership now.

Unfortunately, that ship has sailed and they are going to try and bring down every young player we traded away with them.

We have two promising key backs but not much in the midfield coming through aside from Holmes. Maybe some of the ressies players can step up but it is not a great sign that we are playing five or six small forwards and rotating them through the midfield instead of picking ressie players.

It's not a surprise to see Selwood slowing down, or even Dangerfield. Got a hell of a shock watching Duncan closely though, unless he's hobbled he's moving nowhere near as well as I thought he would be.

We've got issues everywhere, but the midfield is most definitely the biggest problem.

Holmes looks decent, and I could see him being a solid player.

Henry a long term prospect down back and SDK looks ok.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Full cult member.

Calling someone a kool aid drinker and telling them they’re in a cult because they just pointed out an incredibly obvious flaw in their own football side is the sign of a complete and utter simpleton and spouting that s**t every time someone corrects you doesn’t somehow make you right

That poster is known as the 'oracle' of s**t. Don't bother.

Geelong, (and so many of the posters you just responded to) are heavily invested in believing the club can do no wrong.
They have backed in the coach and the future plan of trading away draft picks for ready-made talent in the hopes of winning a premiership now.

Unfortunately, that ship has sailed and they are going to try and bring down every young player we traded away with them.
Finally found your voice Bob.
Never had my account banned for being a poor fan. You have though.

Weren't missed, then returned to spew s**t every week.
Certainly in the fake fan category.
Ciao.

Calling someone a kool aid drinker and telling them they’re in a cult because they just pointed out an incredibly obvious flaw in their own football side is the sign of a complete and utter simpleton and spouting that s**t every time someone corrects you doesn’t somehow make you right
oh yeah snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

Nevermind. Decided seeing no more from that user was best.
Why get antsy over stupidity.

Every man and his dog can see our midfield is the issue. The main one anyway.

Very mature and considered.

Person thinks one player missing is not the reason for obvious problems so must be brainwashed.

Wouldn’t the fact that the person you said that to acknowledged that we DO have a problem suggest that, wait for it, they think we have a problem and therefore haven’t been ‘drinking the kool aid’ or whatever other f***wit wannabe made up term you want to use to describe it?

Dude

He is 21yo and has just played 7/7 games for the 3rd best side.

I assume Justin Longmuir is also "clueless" ??

Lucky I have you to tell me how clueless I am. Maybe you should email JL and put him back in his place as he obviously doesnt know what he is doing picking this total s**t truck every week?

OR

You can just admit the young fella is going well.

Not sure why this is so hard for you and why you are defensive about it? Can't you just wish him well?

Instead you are trying (unsuccessfully) to say he's no good and you know more about footy than JL. Its embarrassing cultish behaviour. Give it up.

Dude

Lucky I have you to tell me how clueless I am. Maybe you should email JL and put him back in his place as he obviously doesnt know what he is doing picking this total s**t truck every week?

OR

Not sure why this is so hard for you and why you are defensive about it? Can't you just wish him well?

Instead you are trying (unsuccessfully) to say he's no good and you know more about footy than JL. Its embarrassing cultish behaviour. Give it up.

Dude. Calling me dude doesn’t help your argument

Congratulations to him. We could do with Tim Kelly too and he would actually alleviate the issues that are causing us problems at the moment to some degree.

Someone saying ‘hey that guy might be doing ok in his new role at his new club’ isn’t tantamount to saying ‘we believe every decision our club makes is the exact right one.’ No amount of buzzword or buzz phrase positing will change that.

Full cult member.

You're actually getting off light. You haven't been called a foamer or dribbler yet, but it'll come. Particulary if you dare to voice such controversial (i.e. don't agree with everything) opinions.

Clark showed definite promise with us, but the rumour mill before and since his departure now colours absolutely all judgement. Either way, he only played 29 games with us which is still a pretty small sample size to know how good someone will be. Looked pretty reasonable on Saturday.

Dude

OR

many of us often questioned why he wasn't getting a regular game while he was with us, and I was cheering for him to stay at Geelong. He definitely had his deficiencies on field but no question; he can play.

You're actually getting off light. You haven't been called a foamer or dribbler yet, but it'll come. Particulary if you dare to voice such controversial (i.e. don't agree with everything) opinions.

Clark showed definite promise with us, but the rumour mill before and since his departure now colours absolutely all judgement. Either way, he only played 29 games with us which is still a pretty small sample size to know how good someone will be. Looked pretty reasonable on Saturday.

If he keeps lacing his comments with stupid Internet forum buzzwords like cult and kool aid he will be called those things. Have any opinion you want but labelling people with those terms simply because they disagree with someone else is the calling card of an idiot

If he keeps lacing his comments with stupid Internet forum buzzwords like cult and kool aid he will be called those things. Have any opinion you want but labelling people with those terms simply because they disagree with someone else is the calling card of an idiot

It works both ways. Doesn't help your cause if you're every bit as abusive (if not more so) yourself.

One guaranteed way to be abused by some Geelong posters - dare to suggest that the club is fallible and has made mistakes. Or that maybe every recruiting decision isn't ideal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back